BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum How long for production of special order?

07-14-2020, 09:41 AM   #749
LoLo
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i

Quick question, when did you guys order your vehicles?

I just purchased a 2020 model 2 weeks ago from dealer inventory and the dealer told me that even if I wanted to order a model, they would not be able to accommodate an order. He then showed me a bunch of stuff on his computer to try to prove that they would not be able to order one.

Was he lying to me to just offload the inventory he had?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 10:00 AM   #750
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoLo View Post

I just purchased a 2020 model 2 weeks ago from dealer inventory and the dealer told me that even if I wanted to order a model, they would not be able to accommodate an order. He then showed me a bunch of stuff on his computer to try to prove that they would not be able to order one.

The dealer is correct. You can no longer order a 2020 X7 anymore. I ordered 6/9 and I was pushing it. It was slim pickings. Only found 2 dealers that could do it in my area and I have like 12 or 13 BMW dealers in a 60 mile radius. I think all 2020 allocations dried up around mid to late June. My dealer is taking 2021 orders now.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 10:42 AM   #751
adamjs83
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5, 2020 X7

Garage List
2020 X7  [0.00]
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:

Your dealer is correct. I fought tooth and nail to get a 2020 allocation back in June
2019 BMW X5 xdrive40i Mineral White
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 11:16 AM   #752
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjs83 View Post
Your dealer is correct. I fought tooth and nail to get a 2020 allocation back in June
My dealer had to give up an X3 and and X5 allocation to get me a 2020 X7 allocation. So glad I got one though.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 06:13 PM   #753
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:

He's not lying. I ordered mine at the beginning of June and had to go 2 states over to grab probably the last M50i allocation in the northeast. By now I would think it's too late for a 2020 although you could luck into a possible 40i allocation that's not in production yet but chances are most of those are already gone also. I think if you're looking for an M50i you would be already out of luck since their allocations are less to begin with than the 40i.

What did you end up purchasing off the lot?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 04:12 PM   #754
LoLo
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingInHot View Post
He's not lying. I ordered mine at the beginning of June and had to go 2 states over to grab probably the last M50i allocation in the northeast. By now I would think it's too late for a 2020 although you could luck into a possible 40i allocation that's not in production yet but chances are most of those are already gone also. I think if you're looking for an M50i you would be already out of luck since their allocations are less to begin with than the 40i.

I ended up getting a M50i in Sapphire Black with Tartufo interior w/ pretty much all of the options I wanted (Cold weather package, executive, luxury seating, driver's assistance, and captain seats) so I can't complain. This is my first BMW and first car in over 15 years so I thought it would be more fun being able to design it from the ground up!

It's great to know that I wasn't being scammed by the dealer. Thanks for the feedback guys.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 12:11 AM   #755
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here is another data point, I just spoke to customer relations for an update.

The website is showing my car as "awaiting carrier assignment". The rep told told me my car is at the final processing location in SC and will be at the dealer on the 10th based on the current schedule. I was also told that typically they have been arriving sooner than the scheduled day. According to the website went into the assembly line yesterday the 6th. So if it goes according to schedule they are running about a week from entering assembly line to delivery at the dealer.

In my experience entering assembly line happened roughly two weeks after getting a vin. So, if you just got your vin it appears that you are about three weeks from seeing your SAV.
Did your X7 arrive at the dealer yet?
No. The website has been saying "dispatched from factory" since Wednesday. Customer support is now saying Sunday it will be delivered to the dealer and I should speak with them from this point forward. I don't want to call the dealer because I don't want to seem anxious as I'm planning to renegotiate.
Did your X7 arrive at the dealer yet? Mine was done and assigned to a carrier truck on Sunday 7/12. Expected to arrive at dealership in MD on Thursday 7/16. It hasn't left the plant yet. I called the trucking company and they said it hasn't been assigned to a load yet. Asked me to call back tomorrow and check.
Mine arrived on Sunday according the BMW. I spoke to the store yesterday and they said it's not in their computer yet which means the MSO paperwork didn't arrive. They can't sell the car without the paperwork. The waiting continues.
Did you pick your X7 yet?

Mine left the factory Wednesday 7/15. I spoke to the trucking company today and they promised me it will be at the dealer by Friday 7/17. Hoping to pick it up on Saturday 7/18. Please post pics of your car if you picked it up already. Since our cars got built around the same time, it's nice to see pics of my X7 "siblings"
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 12:27 AM   #756
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I ended up getting a M50i in Sapphire Black with Tartufo interior w/ pretty much all of the options I wanted (Cold weather package, executive, luxury seating, driver's assistance, and captain seats) so I can't complain. This is my first BMW and first car in over 15 years so I thought it would be more fun being able to design it from the ground up!

It's great to know that I wasn't being scammed by the dealer. Thanks for the feedback guys.
Nice combination colors. Enjoy in good health At least you're not watching dots progress for weeks like the rest of us. You're actually already enjoying the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 03:52 AM   #757
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Quote:

yeah COVID messed everything up. enjoy your SUV, and assuming things get back to normal, you can custom order your next one. If it's a BMW, they cycle mid year - so in say August 2025, you can order a new 2026 to replace this 2020 one if you want. It will take 3 months, so you'll probably be driving around late October or early November 2025 in your 2026 x7 depending on how custom features and colors.
Appreciate 2
LoLo3.00
      07-16-2020, 04:30 AM   #758
adamjs83
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 X7  [0.00]
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here is another data point, I just spoke to customer relations for an update.

The website is showing my car as "awaiting carrier assignment". The rep told told me my car is at the final processing location in SC and will be at the dealer on the 10th based on the current schedule. I was also told that typically they have been arriving sooner than the scheduled day. According to the website went into the assembly line yesterday the 6th. So if it goes according to schedule they are running about a week from entering assembly line to delivery at the dealer.

In my experience entering assembly line happened roughly two weeks after getting a vin. So, if you just got your vin it appears that you are about three weeks from seeing your SAV.
Did your X7 arrive at the dealer yet?
No. The website has been saying "dispatched from factory" since Wednesday. Customer support is now saying Sunday it will be delivered to the dealer and I should speak with them from this point forward. I don't want to call the dealer because I don't want to seem anxious as I'm planning to renegotiate.
Did your X7 arrive at the dealer yet? Mine was done and assigned to a carrier truck on Sunday 7/12. Expected to arrive at dealership in MD on Thursday 7/16. It hasn't left the plant yet. I called the trucking company and they said it hasn't been assigned to a load yet. Asked me to call back tomorrow and check.
Mine arrived on Sunday according the BMW. I spoke to the store yesterday and they said it's not in their computer yet which means the MSO paperwork didn't arrive. They can't sell the car without the paperwork. The waiting continues.
Did you pick your X7 yet?

Mine left the factory Wednesday 7/15. I spoke to the trucking company today and they promised me it will be at the dealer by Friday 7/17. Hoping to pick it up on Saturday 7/18. Please post pics of your car if you picked it up already. Since our cars got built around the same time, it's nice to see pics of my X7 "siblings"
No. It's been at the dealer since Sunday and they still don't have the MSO. They won't do the paperwork until it arrives. I spoke to the GM yesterday. So frustrating.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 05:26 AM   #759
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

No. It's been at the dealer since Sunday and they still don't have the MSO. They won't do the paperwork until it arrives. I spoke to the GM yesterday. So frustrating.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that. Do they know why the paperwork hasn't arrived yet?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 05:27 AM   #760
adamjs83
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 X7  [0.00]
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
No. It's been at the dealer since Sunday and they still don't have the MSO. They won't do the paperwork until it arrives. I spoke to the GM yesterday. So frustrating.
Sorry to hear that. Do they know why the paperwork hasn't arrived yet?[/QUOTE]

They're saying that they normally get a Fed ex with MSOs Coming in every day and this week they haven't received a single one.
Appreciate 1
      07-16-2020, 09:10 PM   #761
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep

Quote:
They're saying that they normally get a Fed ex with MSOs Coming in every day and this week they haven't received a single one.
That's probably frustrating to just have it sit there and you can't get to it ...that's officially worse than dot watching!!

Hang in there brother!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 01:05 PM   #762
adamjs83
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 X7  [0.00]
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
That's probably frustrating to just have it sit there and you can't get to it ...that's officially worse than dot watching!!

Hang in there brother!
Well, the day is here. Finally picking up the car this evening. Of course, even though I reminded them probably 20 times not to, the prep guys who aren't event supposed to be washing the car drilled the front plate. I don't really care THAT much and at least I got free all-weather mats out of it. I Will post pics later.
Appreciate 1
      07-17-2020, 02:34 PM   #763
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Well, the day is here. Finally picking up the car this evening. Of course, even though I reminded them probably 20 times not to, the prep guys who aren't event supposed to be washing the car drilled the front plate. I don't really care THAT much and at least I got free all-weather mats out of it. I Will post pics later.
You're too nice. I'd be asking for a new bumper.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 03:46 PM   #764
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep

Man... these dots are boring me...no movement at all in so long. Maybe next week will be better.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 05:00 PM   #765
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep

I'm growing bored too ComingInHot. Although I'm already getting arrangements made for the ceramic coating, ppf, and tint. Are you scheduled to be done the 22nd too?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 08:19 PM   #766
adamjs83
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 X7  [0.00]
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post
I'm growing bored too ComingInHot. Although I'm already getting arrangements made for the ceramic coating, ppf, and tint. Are you scheduled to be done the 22nd too?
Alright the car is here. Makes you forget about the wait. Here's a preview shot, I haven't had it washed yet so I'll post all the photos after.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
MomoM3988.00
      07-17-2020, 09:23 PM   #767
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post
Same 22nd.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 09:25 PM   #768
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Alright the car is here. Makes you forget about the wait. Here's a preview shot, I haven't had it washed yet so I'll post all the photos after.
Congrats!! Enjoy in good health, cheers
Appreciate 1
adamjs83147.00
      07-17-2020, 10:36 PM   #769
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 - 2024 G26

My F33 completed production on 7/3 and has by Monday will have been been on the dock waiting for a vessel for 17 days, still hasn't been assigned a carrier.

Just an FYI for those of you waiting on your X7's.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 10:37 PM   #770
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Hang in there brother!
What a coincidence. I picked my car today too. It landed at the dealer yesterday and finally picked it up and got it home today. It does make you forget the wait. It's amazing. This car is on a whole other level.

Here are a few quick pics I took at the dealer after delivery.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4