BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Presenting The First Ever Alpina XB7

06-27-2020, 01:12 PM   #133
bemagrp
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 Alpina XB7/21 Alpina XB7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkim119 View Post
Thanks! The only think I constantly went back and forth about was the the tow hitch. When I have my 3 large dogs in the trunk area and have to carry bikes, I would have to put on a tow hitch bike rack but I didn't like the asthetics of the rear diffuser so I opted against it.

Decided to use the significant others car for the bike duties. I hope I don't end up regretting it cause it costs more to put it on after the car arrives.
I have tow hitch right now, but skip on the Alpina Build.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2020, 01:15 PM   #134
bemagrp
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I love how the shadowline trim blacks out all the chrome on the side and front on your X7. On the Alpina, it only does the window trim and the roof rail. Are you going to do the rest of the trim after you get the car or just leave it stock?
And yes, I am taking shadow line trim for Alpina, want divide chrome front and bottom of the door which will be satin chrome, with black windows trim and roof rails. Also, will tint front windows and will look much better with shadow line.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2020, 01:38 PM   #135
LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

If you watched the video I posted above you'll notice some differences in the Blue/Ivory interior when comparing the interior shown on web site configurator and the video.

The split view pictures below show images from the configurator on the left and images from the video on the right. Notice the different way ALPINA is using the blue panels. The seat backs appear to be covered in dark blue leather instead of the standard Ivory plastic backs.

It would appear the marketing team/web designers photoshop'd interior images from a standard X7. If so, the XB7 has a nicer looking interior for sure. For $150K BMW makes to clean up these images and make it crystal clear what your XB7 purchase will look like.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2020, 05:38 PM   #136
bemagrp
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
If you watched the video I posted above you'll notice some differences in the Blue/Ivory interior when comparing the interior shown on web site configurator and the video.

The split view pictures below show images from the configurator on the left and images from the video on the right. Notice the different way ALPINA is using the blue panels. The seat backs appear to be covered in dark blue leather instead of the standard Ivory plastic backs.

It would appear the marketing team/web designers photoshop'd interior images from a standard X7. If so, the XB7 has a nicer looking interior for sure. For $150K BMW makes to clean up these images and make it crystal clear what your XB7 purchase will look like.
It is not photoshopped , if you listen to video, it is Lavalina leather interior which will be available in EU, and not available in US.
Nice leather with embedded XB7 logos on the side doors.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2020, 09:41 PM   #137
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
2021 ALPINA XB7
$141,300
Exterior
Mineral White Metallic

23" ALPINA CLASSIC wheels, style CS16 with performance non run-flat tires
$2,600
Interior
Tartufo Full Merino Leather
Availability Information
$1,500
ALPINA Piano Black Trim

Options
5-zone automatic climate control
$800
Panoramic Sky Lounge LED Roof
$750
Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System
$3,400
Space-saver spare

Additional Costs
Destination & Handling
$995
Total Price (MSRP)
$151,345
No night vision?!? Oh wait you can't get it but you can on a 2020 40i.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2020, 10:55 PM   #138
bemagrp
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post
Night vision? Let me think... Yes, I really need it in New York.
In a big city, it is useless and waste of money.
I will miss ambient air package
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2020, 11:19 PM   #139
bemagrp
First Lieutenant
Rep

Need your advice. Below is my build that I am ready to order. Today, I visited a dealer in NJ and got quoted for 6% off MSRP on it.
Before I pull the trigger, is it good number to go with? Any advice would be appreciated.

Base MSRP

2021 ALPINA XB7
$141,300
Exterior

Phytonic Blue Metallic

23" ALPINA CLASSIC wheels, style CS16 with performance non run-flat tires
$2,600
Interior

Tartufo Full Merino Leather
Availability Information
$1,500
ALPINA Piano Black Trim

Options

5-zone automatic climate control
$800
Panoramic Sky Lounge LED Roof
$750
Shadowline exterior trim

Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System
$3,400
Rear-seat entertainment Professional
$2,200
Space-saver spare

Additional Costs

Destination & Handling
$995
Total Price (MSRP)
$153,545
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 05:29 AM   #140
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemagrp View Post
Quote:
Night vision? Let me think... Yes, I really need it in New York.
In a big city, it is useless and waste of money.
I will miss ambient air package
Wait you're buying an Alpina X7 for NY city driving only that seems an odd choice and I've lived in NY so I have a license to say that hahaha

That being said I get why in some situations certain gadgets make no sense to the consumer but I would think the option would at least be available on the highest costing X7. Maybe they would offer it again someday... thanks COVID-19 for flipping the script
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 06:53 AM   #141
bemagrp
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingInHot View Post
Wait you're buying an Alpina X7 for NY city driving only that seems an odd choice and I've lived in NY so I have a license to say that hahaha

That being said I get why in some situations certain gadgets make no sense to the consumer but I would think the option would at least be available on the highest costing X7. Maybe they would offer it again someday... thanks COVID-19 for flipping the script
Alpina would be driven in New York, occasionally to NJ, once in the while to Toronto, rarely to Indiana. All highways, no rural. Thats night vision would be skipped, even if offered.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 07:54 AM   #142
LittleJoe
Major
Rep

Quote:
It is not photoshopped , if you listen to video, it is Lavalina leather interior which will be available in EU, and not available in US.
Nice leather with embedded XB7 logos on the side doors.
In the video the CEO doesn't say Lavalina leather interior will only be available in EU, and not available in US. Where exactly are you getting that information?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 08:06 AM   #143
bemagrp
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
In the video the CEO doesn't say Lavalina leather interior will only be available in EU, and not available in US. Where exactly are you getting that information?
https://de-xb7.alpina.de/en/

Go to configure, option lavalina leather trim1, and 2.
Go to Bmwusa and try to find Lavalina option.

Also, neither Bmw customer relations service nor any BMW dealership got no idea what Lavalina interior options is, and when it will be available in US. As well as Alpina Blue and Green individual colors.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 08:13 AM   #144
bemagrp
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Also, back to CEO video, minute 5 Lavalina Steering wheel, minute 5.13 Lavalina dashboard, minute 6.18 to 7.10 Lavalina leather.

In US only Full MERINO leather is available.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 08:40 AM   #145
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingInHot View Post

Alpina would be driven in New York, occasionally to NJ, once in the while to Toronto, rarely to Indiana. All highways, no rural. Thats night vision would be skipped, even if offered.

Lol Got you thinking. I just hate not having all the options.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 08:52 AM   #146
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Don't expect Lavalina interior leather in the XB7, just the steering wheel. USA bound B7s only have BMW Nappa and Merino interior leather options.

Options will be consistent with USA B7s - ALPINA blue or green individual paint, wheels, and wood trims.

Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 01:52 PM   #147
bemagrp
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Lol Got you thinking. I just hate not having all the options.
I agree that for such unique and expensive vehicle, all options got to be available.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 03:59 PM   #148
LittleJoe
Major
Rep

I read that all XB7's are being built here in the US as the lion's share will be sold right here. So if ALPINA is planning to offer a different interior for EU buyers, wouldn't those leathers be installed at the US plant? You guys may be right but I certainly wouldn't bet all my chips on the US configurator being completely accurate. For example, select the Shadowline option and nothing changes. And why release an English speaking video showing an interior US buyers cannot option? As I said, you could be right and I could be wrong. We'll know when the first orders reach their new owners. Hopefully they add Lavalina to US configurator.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 04:52 PM   #149
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I read that all XB7's are being built here in the US as the lion's share will be sold right here. So if ALPINA is planning to offer a different interior for EU buyers, wouldn't those leathers be installed at the US plant?
Ja, they will be built here in Spartanburg along with the X7 and the Merino upholstered seating will arrive from Magna International Inc. which took over seat production from Leer. Just because it's built here, there isn't a one-to-one option availaiblity for different markets. BMWNA corporate makes decisions for what features are available for USA market and sometimes we get less compared to international markets.

Eg, no Merino interior option for M340i and X3 M40i though it's available for Canada and international markets - USA consumers will have to build a M440i or X4 M40i to get those upgrades.

Quote:
You guys may be right but I certainly wouldn't bet all my chips on the US configurator being completely accurate. For example, select the Shadowline option and nothing changes.
Personally, I don't rely on the online configurator and primarily on the ordering guide.

Quote:
And why release an English speaking video showing an interior US buyers cannot option? As I said, you could be right and I could be wrong. We'll know when the first orders reach their new owners. Hopefully they add Lavalina to US configurator.
BMW and ALPINA launch vehicles with options not available in the USA. For example the X7 destined for International markets, little things like M tri-color seat belts are an option, night vision, M Sport Exhaust and Laser headlights on xDrive40i M Sport, M Multifunction massaging and ventilated seating and other options that were deleted for MY21 USA.

Perhaps sometime next year there will be more interior options for the XB7.

Last edited by Auricom; 06-28-2020 at 05:18 PM..
Appreciate 1
LittleJoe1064.00
      06-28-2020, 07:11 PM   #150
bemagrp
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I read that all XB7's are being built here in the US as the lion's share will be sold right here. So if ALPINA is planning to offer a different interior for EU buyers, wouldn't those leathers be installed at the US plant? You guys may be right but I certainly wouldn't bet all my chips on the US configurator being completely accurate. For example, select the Shadowline option and nothing changes. And why release an English speaking video showing an interior US buyers cannot option? As I said, you could be right and I could be wrong. We'll know when the first orders reach their new owners. Hopefully they add Lavalina to US configurator.
Shadowline trim will change roof rails and around windows trim to black, instead of satin chrome.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 07:14 PM   #151
bemagrp
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Ja, they will be built here in Spartanburg along with the X7 and the Merino upholstered seating will arrive from Magna International Inc. which took over seat production from Leer. Just because it's built here, there isn't a one-to-one option availaiblity for different markets. BMWNA corporate makes decisions for what features are available for USA market and sometimes we get less compared to international markets.

Eg, no Merino interior option for M340i and X3 M40i though it's available for Canada and international markets - USA consumers will have to build a M440i or X4 M40i to get those upgrades.

Personally, I don't rely on the online configurator and primarily on the ordering guide.

BMW and ALPINA launch vehicles with options not available in the USA. For example the X7 destined for International markets, little things like M tri-color seat belts are an option, night vision, M Sport Exhaust and Laser headlights on xDrive40i M Sport, M Multifunction massaging and ventilated seating and other options that were deleted for MY21 USA.

Perhaps sometime next year there will be more interior options for the XB7.
As said before Alpina blue will be available in December build, Alpina green for April, 2021. Maybe, Lavalina will be available too.
Whatever we discuss right now, it is pure gamble. Maybe yes, possible no.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 07:16 PM   #152
bemagrp
First Lieutenant
Rep

Any dealers can offer more than 6% off MSRP?
If not, Monday or Tuesday I will place my order. Then, will share my internal build from BMW.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 09:05 PM   #153
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
As said before Alpina blue will be available in December build, Alpina green for April, 2021. Maybe, Lavalina will be available too.
Whatever we discuss right now, it is pure gamble. Maybe yes, possible no.
As I mentioned earlier, USA ALPINA XB7 options should be fairly consistent with USA ALPNIA B7s - ALPINA Blue or Green Individual paints, wheels, Lavalina wrapped steering wheel and exclusive wood trims.

If ALPINA Lavalina leather upholstery and seating were an option for USA markets, they should have been available in since the 2018 B7s as they're manufactured in on the same BMW production line.

International market bound ALPINAs are sent to Buchloe for finishing and special options like custom interiors. Final quality control never takes place at BMW as Alpina quality control is higher than that of BMW and the cars are shipped from Buchloe to the end customer.

Back in 2007 when the B7 was launched, the production volume of ALPINA was limited to about 1000 cars per year - so the 1000 units for MY2007 & 2008 North American specification B7 had a big impact for them. By limiting interior choice on the North America specification B7 to standard BMW choices meant the North America specification B7's would never see Buchloe.

Finally interesting reporting on the 2020 USA ALPINA B7 which I'd take this with a grain of salt, but from Motor1 and a few other automotive journalists:

"Due to airbags safety concerns, Alpina can't legally offer Lavalina leather for U.S American buyers. They have an option to get the BMW's Nappa leather or Merino leather options, which are good but not as luxurious as the Lavalina leather. So those looking for luscious seats will miss out on this in the US market."

https://www.motor1.com/reviews/36012...-drive-review/

This seems like a logistical nightmare for XB7s bound for international markets, how much of the vehicle is completed in Spartanburg?

Last edited by Auricom; 06-28-2020 at 10:04 PM..
Appreciate 1
      06-29-2020, 07:20 PM   #154
fkim119
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 Porsche Panamera Turbo

Quote:
One of the options I don't need!
22' Porsche Cayenne Turbo
24' Porsche GT4RS on order
Appreciate 0