BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Need advice for my X7 shopping

01-12-2021, 01:06 AM   #1
Ethandnp
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x7

Need advice for my X7 shopping

Hi, all bimmers. I'm about to buy a BMW X7 M50i or 40i(custom build)

I got 7% discount offer at local BMW dealer on M50i and 40i(custom build). How many % should I expect it? Do you think this is not a good time to buy it now? Should i wait coming summer for new facelift one?

Also, I really want to get a display key, laser headlights, rear entertainment screen system, and Bowers & Wilkins system. However only Bowers & Wilkins and laser headlight with M50i is available. If I wait 2022 X7, would it be available? Would you please give me some advices?

Last edited by Ethandnp; 01-12-2021 at 04:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2021, 06:17 AM   #2
Gdfein
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Cad escalade

To each their own. Display key quickly fell out of favor a year ago and the connected app has and does more on your phone.

I too wanted the laser lights and bowers stereo and the vroom vroom factor of the M50 and the lights are legit and the engine is no slouch but I can say now while the bowers stereo is a smidge nicer and lights in speakers is cool....the SQ is not $3400 better than the HK.

As for 7% discount. If sold on M50 and that’s what your getting before rebates I’d tell you that right now Jan21 for my area that is a good deal. Inventory is so low and the units are in demand that most are going for sticker or 1-3% discounts before rebates
Appreciate 1
djbonsu113.00
      01-12-2021, 08:07 AM   #3
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

I believe they will have to but when is the big question???
Ambient air, night vision are also absent. I absolutely love both those options. I certainly would pass on a 2021 model as you have nothing to loose going with a 2022 in hopes at least some top level options will return. My logic is that it’s hard to spend big money on a flagship SUV if it doesn’t have everything you want.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2021, 08:43 AM   #4
TAG Prez
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 GC / 2023 Alpina XB7

I have a fully loaded 2020 m50i with 9000 miles on it that I'm going to be selling it was a $122,000 MSRP vehicle and I'm open to reasonable offers. (PM if interested) Once you drive a m50i, I don't think you'll be happy with a 40i but that's just my opinion and I'm a power junkie
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2021, 08:48 AM   #5
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG Prez View Post
I have a fully loaded 2020 m50i with 9000 miles on it that I'm going to be selling it was a $122,000 MSRP vehicle and I'm open to reasonable offers. (PM if interested) Once you drive a m50i, I don't think you'll be happy with a 40i but that's just my opinion and I'm a power junkie
That is a white elephant vehicle as a true fully loaded X7 M50i is extremely rare even in the best of times. It’s impossible now and maybe for 2022.

Does it have ambient air, night vision, RES? Those are the top premium options that were rare in 2020.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 07:25 AM   #6
TAG Prez
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 GC / 2023 Alpina XB7

I don't want to derail original post, mine does not have night vision but it does have RSE and Ambient Air. I also took picture of sticker for a few who inquired and it was actually a $118,445 MSRP
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 08:29 PM   #7
djbonsu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 05' L322 Range Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdfein View Post
To each their own. Display key quickly fell out of favor a year ago and the connected app has and does more on your phone.

I too wanted the laser lights and bowers stereo and the vroom vroom factor of the M50 and the lights are legit and the engine is no slouch but I can say now while the bowers stereo is a smidge nicer and lights in speakers is cool....the SQ is not $3400 better than the HK.

As for 7% discount. If sold on M50 and that’s what your getting before rebates I’d tell you that right now Jan21 for my area that is a good deal. Inventory is so low and the units are in demand that most are going for sticker or 1-3% discounts before rebates
Agreed! Though I appreciate overall package and love the "look" of the B&W system, SQ wasnt enough to justify the extra coin for it. The low end of the system compared to that of the HK had no difference IMO. I may consider a BAVSOUND ghost sub in the future.
2020 X7 xDrive40i Mineral White//Ivory White Full Merino//Piano Black Trim//Cold Weather//Driving Assistance//Luxury Seating// Executive//Style 755-22" Y-Spoke Wheels//Space Saver Spare//Leather Dash//Ambient Air//Harmon Kardon//Extended Shadowline//Alcantara Headliner//
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 09:51 PM   #8
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbonsu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdfein View Post

Agreed! Though I appreciate overall package and love the "look" of the B&W system, SQ wasnt enough to justify the extra coin for it. The low end of the system compared to that of the HK had no difference IMO. I may consider a BAVSOUND ghost sub in the future.
If you want the B&W to shine you really need to tweak the EQ and boost the low end frequencies quite a bit.

As far as the cost, OP didn't mention if they are buying or leasing, but for the latter B&W upgrade is only gonna add a few bucks to the monthly lease payment.

With proper source material (and never Bluetooth) the Bowers blows the H&K out of the water.
      01-18-2021, 10:35 PM   #9
Wanderer73
Major
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i

10-13% is not unreasonable. When properly configured, the difference between the B&W and the HK is night and day. It's a pricy option, but worth it in my opinion. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 07:24 AM   #10
stockguru
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Whether something is worth it is obviously subjective and situational.

How much time do you spend in the car, how long do you usually keep the car and what do you listen to?

I have a 760 owner friend that opted for all options because he's a car guy. He doesn't keep his cars long and he listens to Howard Stern and sports stations on it. I strongly suggested that it was a waste of money since Howard Stern doesn't need bowers and wilkins to be heard. To each their own.

What I find hard to understand is he spent $3400 extra on the car system, but his home sound system is clearly inferior.

Again, all subjective and relative. We all clearly have first world problems on this forum, so best advice is to do whatever makes you happy. You know what that is better than any of us do.
Appreciate 2
djbonsu113.00
bjcarls458.50