BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Cornering lights

03-05-2020, 08:54 PM   #67
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paultattoo View Post
Fog lights are fog lights! Cornering lights are cornering lights! If you didn't get a 50 with laser lights you don't get cornering lights. THE BULBS ARE NOT EVEN IN THE HOUSING!
Isn't that what I just said? This horse is dead and beaten to death! No Laser Lights... No cornering lights...Period! I was only responding to the others that kept trying to say that the fog lights were the cornering lights on the X7 40i. I was merely stating that is not the case with facts to support it.

I'm disappointed that they didn't come with the cornering lights and it wasn't clear when ordering. I even asked the dealer about this just after ordering my X7. We all know now what the answer was. No 50i, no laser lights, and no cornering lights in the US unless you order the 50i.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 12:43 AM   #68
TaytoX7
Private
Rep
Drives: X7 Xdrive40i M Sport

Except in the UK. Where the 40i has cornering lights.
Appreciate 1
iconoclast7265.50
      03-06-2020, 06:41 AM   #69
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
And if you don't have the fog lights turned on then you have no cornering lights.
No. That is not how it works or worked in the past. Watch the videos I posted.

Quote:
There is currently no option/capability for cornering lights on any X7 40i in the US. We can beat this horse to death but the facts speak for themselves.
If it is that important to you then purchase a set of EU/ROW headlights and install them.
I have installed E-Code headlights on nearly every vehicle I have ever owned but never for cornering light.
I am in the process of purchasing a set of EU Laser Lights but waiting on confirmation that they are P&P+Coding.
If it works I'll post photos.

Quote:
Fog lights are fog lights! Cornering lights are cornering lights!
False. As stated before and by BMW and in the vehicle manuals of past models. Please review videos.
Does not mean the X7 operates in this manner but based on PAST models the fog lights doubled as cornering lights as did the inner bulb in the headlight assembly when no fog light is present.
I suggested one look into this to see if that was the case with the X7.

Quote:
I was only responding to the others that kept trying to say that the fog lights were the cornering lights on the X7 40i.
I was merely stating that is not the case with facts to support it.
As I stated many times I was speculating to assist you with your dire issue.
My apologies for suggesting you look into something that may put you at ease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaytoX7 View Post
Except in the UK. Where the 40i has cornering lights.
HAHAHA!
Appreciate 1
Heimdall136.50
      03-06-2020, 08:42 AM   #70
TaytoX7
Private
Rep
Drives: X7 Xdrive40i M Sport

Must be all the bulbs that they are saving in the US allows them to give them away in the UK
Appreciate 2
      03-06-2020, 09:49 AM   #71
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

At least we get two free stickers on the sun visors and a free warning label on our passenger side mirror glass. The land of litigation and legislation.
Appreciate 1
Heimdall136.50
      03-06-2020, 10:00 AM   #72
FreddyBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i iSTEP 07/2020.54

Just curious.....is it possible to buy the cornering light (the bulb that is missing) and hook it to our existing lights by removing that plastic dummy?

I am sure it should be available as a part. Would it need some programming? How hard to do?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 10:08 AM   #73
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

No. You would have to purchase the complete headlight assembly.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 10:25 AM   #74
Paultattoo
Paul Tattoo
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
No. You would have to purchase the complete headlight assembly.
But I think Freddie might be on to something here. IF the wiring and code ability is there. I still think it would be a long wait to get the part out of a salvage yard. Not only would you need to find a wrecked X7 but it would also need a wrecked headlight assembly but with a good cornering bulb. Twice 😂
Received on 12/28/2023: 2024 X7 XDrive 40i Obsidian Black, Coffee Vernasca Leather, M SPORT, EXECUTIVE, DYNAMIC, ASSISTANCE PRO PKG, LUX SEATING, COLD WEATHER, PARK ASSIST, Ambient Air, Shadowline Trim,
Harman Kardon, Trailer Hitch.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 11:04 AM   #75
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

Quote:
But I think Freddie might be on to something here. IF the wiring and code ability is there. I still think it would be a long wait to get the part out of a salvage yard. Not only would you need to find a wrecked X7 but it would also need a wrecked headlight assembly but with a good cornering bulb. Twice 😂
...and it has to be coming from an X7 with laser lights. After all, what was never there won't be there on a wrecked one, either...
Gone: 2020 X7 M50i, Mineral White, Ivory White Full Merino, Piano Black Trim, Cold Weather, Dynamic Handling, Driving Assistance, Luxury Seating, Executive, 22" Y-Spoke Orbit Grey Wheels Style 758i, Space Saver Spare, Trailer Hitch, Leather Dash, Ambient Air, Bowers & Wilkins, Rear Entertainment, Night Vision, Extended Shadowline, Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color.
Appreciate 1
iconoclast7265.50
      03-06-2020, 11:32 AM   #76
Paultattoo
Paul Tattoo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 760Lifan View Post
Quote:
...and it has to be coming from an X7 with laser lights. After all, what was never there won't be there on a wrecked one, either...
Hey listen! I saved $12,000 by getting the 40i instead of the 50. So if I spend ten grand on cornering lights I'm still ahead of the game right. 😂 😆 😝
Received on 12/28/2023: 2024 X7 XDrive 40i Obsidian Black, Coffee Vernasca Leather, M SPORT, EXECUTIVE, DYNAMIC, ASSISTANCE PRO PKG, LUX SEATING, COLD WEATHER, PARK ASSIST, Ambient Air, Shadowline Trim,
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 11:48 AM   #77
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

Quote:
Hey listen! I saved $12,000 by getting the 40i instead of the 50. So if I spend ten grand on cornering lights I'm still ahead of the game right. 😂 😆 😝

Make sure though you keep a few $$$ in the bank in case you want the M Sports differential one day...
Gone: 2020 X7 M50i, Mineral White, Ivory White Full Merino, Piano Black Trim, Cold Weather, Dynamic Handling, Driving Assistance, Luxury Seating, Executive, 22" Y-Spoke Orbit Grey Wheels Style 758i, Space Saver Spare, Trailer Hitch, Leather Dash, Ambient Air, Bowers & Wilkins, Rear Entertainment, Night Vision, Extended Shadowline, Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 11:55 AM   #78
Paultattoo
Paul Tattoo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 760Lifan View Post
Quote:

Make sure though you keep a few $$$ in the bank in case you want the M Sports differential one day...
Oh great. You mean to tell me I paid for the M Sport package and didn't get all the M Sport stuff?

At least I have a useless night vision feature!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 12:28 PM   #79
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Oh great. You mean to tell me I paid for the M Sport package and didn't get all the M Sport stuff?

Isn't the night vision at least a good feature as far as detection in the HUD? or do you have to have it taking over the Nav screen in order for actions to show up in the HUD?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 12:40 PM   #80
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
No. That is not how it works or worked in the past. Watch the videos I posted.

If it is that important to you then purchase a set of EU/ROW headlights and install them.
I have installed E-Code headlights on nearly every vehicle I have ever owned but never for cornering light.
I am in the process of purchasing a set of EU Laser Lights but waiting on confirmation that they are P&P+Coding.
If it works I'll post photos.

False. As stated before and by BMW and in the vehicle manuals of past models. Please review videos.
Does not mean the X7 operates in this manner but based on PAST models the fog lights doubled as cornering lights as did the inner bulb in the headlight assembly when no fog light is present.
I suggested one look into this to see if that was the case with the X7.

As I stated many times I was speculating to assist you with your dire issue.
My apologies for suggesting you look into something that may put you at ease.

HAHAHA!
I think you are confusing me with the OP. I was only addressing your questions about how I tested to make sure my fog lights were not cornering lights. I was only trying to clarify the "Fact" that X7 40i models in the "United States" do not have cornering lights and "Can Not" be ordered with cornering lights. Yet, this post just kept going on about how the fog lights were cornering lights on previous BMWs. I was merely trying to put the horse to rest by stating the fact that this is not the case on the X7 40i models in the United States.
Appreciate 1
iconoclast7265.50
      03-06-2020, 03:16 PM   #81
Paultattoo
Paul Tattoo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post
Quote:

Isn't the night vision at least a good feature as far as detection in the HUD? or do you have to have it taking over the Nav screen in order for actions to show up in the HUD?
I only had one detection. A large red X appeared in my HUD.

The display will outline people and large animals. It's kind of nice and helpful to. You get to see people walking on the side of the road. But it's useless if you want to keep your nav or radio on. Plus, even if you surrender the nav screen to the night vision, if you get a call or change the radio it goes away.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2020, 08:27 PM   #82
ChexBMW
Private
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=thenew3;25890759]
Quote:

It's likely codeable via bimmercode to enable fog lights as cornering lights if having cornering lights are so important to you.
Does anyone know whether you are able to code fog lights to ALWAYS be on in the X7-40i? I don't see it listed in Bimmercode. Maybe it's hidden in expert mode.

Needing to turn on the fog lights each and every time you start the car doesn't make sense.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2020, 08:36 PM   #83
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

[QUOTE=ChexBMW;25930133]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenew3 View Post
Does anyone know whether you are able to code fog lights to ALWAYS be on in the X7-40i? I don't see it listed in Bimmercode. Maybe it's hidden in expert mode.

Needing to turn on the fog lights each and every time you start the car doesn't make sense.
I don't know but I certainly agree. This is the only vehicle I've owned that doesn't have that capability.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2020, 09:08 PM   #84
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChexBMW View Post
driving with your fog lights on when there isn't any fog doesn't make sense.
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3683.50
      03-17-2020, 04:52 PM   #85
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M5.0i

Quote:
Here you go. I have an October 2019 build 2020 X7 40i. Here's a picture of my left front headlight with the standard Adaptive LED headlights for the 40i. This is the "Only" option for the 40i model. You can see the plugged cutout where the cornering lights would be if it had them.

I was pissed when I found out I couldn't even order it without moving up to the 50i.

I almost cancelled my order because of the Laser Lights and the B&W Sound System option not being on the build site. I didn't realize that fact until after the build had already started.
Here how it looks with cornering lights in, clearly you can see lens. I did not even thought this is an option until I have seen this post.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 08:56 PM   #86
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB21 View Post
Here how it looks with cornering lights in, clearly you can see lens. I did not even thought this is an option until I have seen this post.
Yup! Enjoy your cornering lights!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 08:51 AM   #87
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB21 View Post
Quote:
Here you go. I have an October 2019 build 2020 X7 40i. Here's a picture of my left front headlight with the standard Adaptive LED headlights for the 40i. This is the "Only" option for the 40i model. You can see the plugged cutout where the cornering lights would be if it had them.

I was pissed when I found out I couldn't even order it without moving up to the 50i.

I almost cancelled my order because of the Laser Lights and the B&W Sound System option not being on the build site. I didn't realize that fact until after the build had already started.
I was curious how big of a turn you need to do to activate cornering lights, and when car stands is about as much as shown here, few images with cornering on and off
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 08:34 AM   #88
stockguru
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Nobody likes a show off

Appreciate 0