United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X740i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
2019 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdesign7 View Post
Just putting in my experience with Tesla OTA updates. Yes, they are great they are OTA. We had two Teslas (S and X) until I sold my X for this X7 Because you get an update that worked great, but would then break something else. Tesla does well with OTA, but not everyone gets them at the same time, and you never know when you will get them. But the problems with my X extremely outweighed that feature. Just to give you one example; the only type of cruise control on a Tesla is Adaptive. So if the camera is dirty at all or if there is heavy rain or snow CC doesn't work at all. And even if it was a sunny day my car would just slow down all the sudden. No cars, nothing in front of me. I'm giving that example because I use that feature all the time. It worked great in my Jeep GC. There are going to be issues with any car, but OTA updates certainly didn't make all those issues any better. Unfortunately.
I don't have those issues in my Model S, maybe specific to your X, but certainly not symptomatic of the brand entirely.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 12:56 PM   #90
kdesign7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdesign7 View Post
Just putting in my experience with Tesla OTA updates. Yes, they are great they are OTA. We had two Teslas (S and X) until I sold my X for this X7 Because you get an update that worked great, but would then break something else. Tesla does well with OTA, but not everyone gets them at the same time, and you never know when you will get them. But the problems with my X extremely outweighed that feature. Just to give you one example; the only type of cruise control on a Tesla is Adaptive. So if the camera is dirty at all or if there is heavy rain or snow CC doesn't work at all. And even if it was a sunny day my car would just slow down all the sudden. No cars, nothing in front of me. I'm giving that example because I use that feature all the time. It worked great in my Jeep GC. There are going to be issues with any car, but OTA updates certainly didn't make all those issues any better. Unfortunately.
I don't have those issues in my Model S, maybe specific to your X, but certainly not symptomatic of the brand entirely.
My husband has an s and he has those issues. Not as much as I did but he does. Other friends have same issues and they say it isn't as bad with ap1. Ap2 seems to have the most issues in my experience.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 02:41 PM   #91
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

BMW Blog's report on the OTA release includes a report that yesterday's activation includes an "Intelligent Personal Assistant".

It seems to be referring to the "Hey BMW" function, already on the X7.

https://www.bmwblog.com/2019/05/28/b...-over-the-air/
Appreciate 1
LittleJoe1064.00
      06-27-2019, 11:57 PM   #92
FreddyBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i iSTEP 07/2020.54

Did anyone get that OTA Update to work? I am still not getting any OTAs.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 11:47 PM   #93
Tattooed
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: G07, G12, G30, F30

Now at 03/2019.48

Still no OTA. Went from .45 to .48 after visit to dealer. Can't tell what's new. Still don't have the 3 "new" apps.
Appreciate 0