BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-22-2024, 02:24 AM   #1
EP_Life_A_Ride
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135IS

Garage List
2009 Audi   [0.00]
Restoration of the SPORT button

Hello everyone, few weeks back I did a very interesting restoration.

I’ve got an idea to buy or fix all the trimmings that go somewhere piled off original coat, first of all I did all trims like: steering wheel cover in black matte vinyl, also I drive selector trim, and automatic shifter trim.

Then I’ve got a idea to make a custom vinyl sticker that will wrap button And will be look like the original part

Because I’m working in the wrapping industry, I got I knowledge of how make things look good.

I made all measurements took some photos in high quality. Then in a graphic design app I did a design and decal for then to cut the vinyl on the plotter

When my decal was cutted, I was able to prepare my button, to make it clean from old original coat, when I was done I was applyed some primer for better adhesion on the sides ( because I was wrapp it with a twists)

When I was finished it was looking just amazing. The colour, tone and texture was really close to original coat. I was impressed by how well it turned out
Attached Images

Appreciate 1