F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Ac scnitzer suspension now on my new F30 330d Luxury
Studio RSR

12-03-2014, 11:57 AM   #1
smashy
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330d

Ac scnitzer suspension now on my new F30 330d Luxury

Only had this car from new a month , 2 weeks in I realised I had made a big mistake with the suspension ,

Standard SE suspension,It was wallowy ,floaty and probably the worst suspension ive experienced in 30 years of driving.

I was on the M25 had to put the foot down to get out of a Lorry scenario ,it can shift this car and was going very fast but I felt I had lost any sense of balance ,it really spooked me,

I phoned Lorcan at rossiters and off I went to Kings Lynne from west london.

A lot of farm land around there and as luck would have it my sat nav put me on a straight 5 mile road that ended up a fantastic before and after drive.
I took my partner along and doing around 60 mph we were bouncing about like being on a bouncy castle,any small child in the back might have flew off the seat,I am hand on heart not joking.Had to ease off to 50 and we were still laughing at the nonsense,If I hadnt been getting things sorted on this 2 week old car I would have been crying instead

Coming back on the springs and dampers of the ACS instead of heading straight down the A10 I found this road again.
Turned into it and hit the right foot,boy oh boy the car just planted itself and took this road in its stride,could have cried with joy!!!....we did shift as well!!

I genuinly believe that if you like spirited driving that SE can be a nightmare and just a tad dangerous.

Lorcan at Rossiters who posts on here was great ,dropped us into town and picked us up again,excellant allround experience.The car now runs on rails ,so pleased.
Cheers ,Pete
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 12:40 PM   #2
Coxey
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32

Tempted to get the ACS springs for my F32 m sport
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 01:07 PM   #3
smashy
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330d

hello Coxey whats your issue with the M sport suspension?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2014, 01:04 PM   #4
Coxey
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32

Nothing really just fancy the 10mm lowered springs
Appreciate 0