F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Pics of H&R Super Sport Springs on 2014 435i M-Sport
proTUNING Freaks

02-24-2014, 05:38 PM   #23
simarddominic
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 435i XDrive M Sport MPPK+MPE

Awesome stance ! Contrats !

I have the same car on order...do you drag you car yet ? I would know what will be the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times on my futur beast !
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 11:19 AM   #24
thor435
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippydo View Post
Did you roll your fenders yet?
Yes, I've rolled the front fenders and it helped a lot. The bigger difference was getting the car aligned at BMW for $250, ouch. I wish I could get just a touch of negative camber on the front, but it works good now. Still have to take it easy over speed bumps, but after 2 months I'm very happy with my setup.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 11:20 AM   #25
thor435
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by simarddominic View Post
Awesome stance ! Contrats !

I have the same car on order...do you drag you car yet ? I would know what will be the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times on my futur beast !
Haven't dragged it, but its very fun and very fast, zero regrets! And with the meistershaft exhaust it sounds like a beast.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 11:24 AM   #26
vip
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 Alpine White M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor435 View Post
Yes, I've rolled the front fenders and it helped a lot. The bigger difference was getting the car aligned at BMW for $250, ouch. I wish I could get just a touch of negative camber on the front, but it works good now. Still have to take it easy over speed bumps, but after 2 months I'm very happy with my setup.
Thought the f30 and f32s front fenders were already pretty much rolled from the factory???
      03-12-2014, 01:36 PM   #27
Dippydo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 Comp

Garage List
2012 BMW  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vip View Post
Thought the f30 and f32s front fenders were already pretty much rolled from the factory???
Yes I was thinking same thing after putting my summer tires on over the weekend. I couldn't imagine them anymore rolled???
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 01:37 PM   #28
vip
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippydo View Post
Yes I was thinking same thing after putting my summer tires on over the weekend. I couldn't imagine them anymore rolled???
ha yeah, seriously!
      03-12-2014, 05:16 PM   #29
Alpine435i
Banned
Rep
Drives: 435i

So basically an F32 with H&R Super Sports would need to stay on stock front wheels and tires in order not to rub. Even stock with the smallest spacers possible will rub, and aftermarket wheels are out of the question since they'll of course be wider/more aggressive (pointless to get new wheels with stock specs).

Bummer. That rules out H&R SS springs for me.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 02:05 PM   #30
iCeMaNxLb
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Mineral White 2016 Coupe

can u post a quick vid of your exhaust i would love to hear the beast sound!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 02:29 PM   #31
vip
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I've lowered all my cars including a Porsche GT3, Nissan GTR, Audi S5 with H&R super sport springs, and these are definitely the lowest yet. The back seems fine, but the front is super lower. Somehow I think that H&R may have become lazy and just provided the same springs for the 428 and 435 -- and I'm assuming the 435 engine weights more and drops the car a little further.

At this point it rubs all the time, I cringe as I drive around town. I've actually taken the car to a body shop today to have the fenders rolled,I'll let you know how it goes.

BTW, I have 12mm spacers out front, without those the tires would easily tuck into the body without rub. I've recently increase my rear spacers from 15mm to 20mm and there's been zero rub.
you probably also rub because of the softer m sport shocks possibly.
      06-10-2014, 12:31 AM   #32
4GET_AMG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i X-Drive M-Sport

thor435 would you advice to still get the H&R super sport or just get the sport for the 435i xdrive with dynamic handling package
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 10:47 AM   #33
thor435
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4GET_AMG View Post
thor435 would you advice to still get the H&R super sport or just get the sport for the 435i xdrive with dynamic handling package
I would not go with the super sport, just the regular sport spring would probably be better. I cringe as I drive around town. I have the M-Sport suspension with the DHP too.
      08-06-2014, 06:46 PM   #34
GetYourWheels
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F10

Your car looks great! Drop looks perfect to me.

But one quick question, I know you rub sometimes on bumps due to the spacers, but do you ever bottom out your shocks?
Just picked up a F32 Msport and love the drop of the Super Sports, but dont want to be bottoming out the shocks. So if they bottom out I may get coilovers.

Thanks!

Last edited by GetYourWheels; 08-07-2014 at 01:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 03:09 PM   #35
Nowayman1
Private
Rep
Drives: 428i M sport EBII

I'm convinced I ordered sport springs but when I picked up the car I was shocked at how low it was.... It looks similar to the OP. Which looks great btw!!!

Could someone take a look and let me know your thoughts? I'm sure the box and documentation said sport springs and not super sport.

I just ordered H&R spacers for front and rear but now concerned I'm going to have running issues... Really don't want that.

Would be great to get some wisdom.

Btw: the springs are red color. Not sure if this makes a difference.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
SpenceRx243.00
      08-07-2014, 09:36 PM   #36
ryanSTL
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 435GC rwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayman1 View Post
I'm convinced I ordered sport springs but when I picked up the car I was shocked at how low it was.... It looks similar to the OP. Which looks great btw!!!

Could someone take a look and let me know your thoughts? I'm sure the box and documentation said sport springs and not super sport.

I just ordered H&R spacers for front and rear but now concerned I'm going to have running issues... Really don't want that.
I think it looks awesome! How does it ride?
If these pics are immediately after install, the problem is that it will settle even lower. How wide are the spacers you ordered?
I ordered 10mm front and 15mm rear for my Gran Coupe yesterday, but I haven't picked springs yet.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 03:49 AM   #37
Nowayman1
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanSTL View Post
I think it looks awesome! How does it ride?
If these pics are immediately after install, the problem is that it will settle even lower. How wide are the spacers you ordered?
I ordered 10mm front and 15mm rear for my Gran Coupe yesterday, but I haven't picked springs yet.

Ok, So im a bit frustrated today.... I called H&R and it seems that I was supplied with Super Sport springs which I REALLY didn't want as I want to put other wheels on the car next year.

I have driven the car on OEM wheels in the photo for a few weeks now and done about 3000km on them. There is zero rubbing at the moment but there is a big gap between the wheel arch and the tire. I wanted to install 15mm spacers on the rear and 12mm spacers on the front but looking at Thor435 set up and experience of rubbing especially in the front I think that I will now give this a miss.... I may install the rear ones and see how they look.

Overall I'm pretty pissed off today as I dropped 320euro to get them installed as well as 212euro for the actual springs. As I * stupidly* got the springs on line there is F all I can do really other than stick with it or shell out and buy Sport springs and pay to have them installed again.....

Any advice would be great at this point..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 03:51 AM   #38
Nowayman1
Private
Rep

BTW,
The super sports are also the same ones for the 435. My car is the 428i which is obviously lighter on the front axel and therefore not as low. By how many mm if at all I have no idea..

Just wanted to reply to Thor435 comment earlier on in a post.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2014, 12:09 AM   #39
betlion
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw

here's mine on super sports with 20's

perfect drop IMO
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1021230
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2015, 04:29 AM   #40
makiko
Private
Rep
Drives: None

Sorry for bringing up such an old thread but I recently got my m-sport 435i (non-dhp) and plan on lowering it. I think your drop is perfect. The height is just right! I have a few questions. Did you ever fix the issue with your front tires rubbing with the 12mm spacer? I really don't want to get my fenders rolled. I'm afraid they might mess up or crack the paint. I really don't trust people with my car. Was wondering if you can fix it by getting a smaller spacer, such as 10mm for the front? Seems like 15-20mm for the rear is perfect with the OEM 19's.

What size tires do you have?

And do you have a difficult driving it being that low? I've driven a lot of dropped cars before. All my previous cars have been lowered to the extreme. But it makes it hard to get around. But with your drop, is it easy to get around, pull in and out of driveways, go over speedbumps, etc?

Being dropped on the H&R Super Sport, does it add a lot of negative camber? I'm concerned about that because I know it will wear out the inner tires excessively if there's a lot of camber. An alignment should be able to get your camber back into factory specs if the drop is mild. So were you able to get your car aligned back to factory specs with those springs?

Who installed your springs and aligned your car? Did BMW do it? and if so, how much did installation run you?

Thanks, your car looks awesome with that drop!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 01:37 PM   #41
vapingvick
Rep
Drives: black 435 x drive

Quote:

I have a question. I have a 435i xdrive. H&R says that I can't use the super sport springs because my car is AWD. The only thing they have available is the regular sport springs. My question is... does it matter?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 01:47 PM   #42
vapingvick
Rep
Drives: black 435 x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayman1 View Post
Ok, So im a bit frustrated today.... I called H&R and it seems that I was supplied with Super Sport springs which I REALLY didn't want as I want to put other wheels on the car next year.

I have driven the car on OEM wheels in the photo for a few weeks now and done about 3000km on them. There is zero rubbing at the moment but there is a big gap between the wheel arch and the tire. I wanted to install 15mm spacers on the rear and 12mm spacers on the front but looking at Thor435 set up and experience of rubbing especially in the front I think that I will now give this a miss.... I may install the rear ones and see how they look.

Overall I'm pretty pissed off today as I dropped 320euro to get them installed as well as 212euro for the actual springs. As I * stupidly* got the springs on line there is F all I can do really other than stick with it or shell out and buy Sport springs and pay to have them installed again.....

Any advice would be great at this point..
DO you have a 435i Xdrive? I was told that the super sport springs are not available for that model.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2017, 01:51 AM   #43
SpenceRx
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i EBII

Looking great that low. EBII FTW
      06-21-2017, 03:23 AM   #44
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Thor,

For more negative camber you have 3 options

1. OEM - install both F8x lower arms - longer/better bushes - widens track [no need for spacers on front] and improves steering feel - I have these on M135i with lowered springs and running ~ -2deg camber - photo below

2. Non OEM - install camber correction bushes in your F3x lower control arms - either Superpro or Powerflex do them and adds -0.5 to -1deg extra camber if adjusted to the max.
3. Non OEM - install adjustable top mounts TCK/GC/Dinan/Millway etc etc

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0