03-16-2022, 04:30 PM   #1
Ereim
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X7

Swift X7 build

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I’m very (happily) surprised at how quick my new X7 was built! I signed the final build sheet on 3/2.

Moved to Production Begins status on 3/4 and now, 3/16, it’s already through production onto carrier assignment! Dealership expects to take delivery sometime next week. ��

Will add photos once I pick it up.

Cheers!

Edit: she’s arrived!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by Ereim; 03-25-2022 at 02:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 04:42 PM   #2
sjak92
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 30d MY24 + G20 M340i MY24

Out of curiosity, what made you order the X7 now when an facelift version is due to begin production in 4 months time?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 04:55 PM   #3
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50i / TBii / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjak92 View Post
Out of curiosity, what made you order the X7 now when an facelift version is due to begin production in 4 months time?
The amount of time it takes until those LCI cars hit the dealer lots at reasonable price levels? Or maybe the fact that you don't want to be an iDrive 8 (and other components) test user?

Solid, proven car today versus not-yet-proven-but-improved car 10 months down the line?

Pigeon on the roof versus small finch in hand today?

Driving pleasure today versus driving pleasure tomorrow?

It's all so subjective but kudos to both of you for getting the car you want! If you're unsure about your choice then you should wait until you gained that clarity.

03-16-2022, 05:13 PM   #4
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Buying a new unproven and untested tech from BMW has shown to be a long road of aggravation.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 05:15 PM   #5
JoeyDDD0919
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by natp0wers View Post
I’m very (happily) surprised at how quick my new X7 was built! I signed the final build sheet on 3/2.

Moved to Production Begins status on 3/4 and now, 3/16, it’s already through production onto carrier assignment! Dealership expects to take delivery sometime next week. 🕺

Will add photos once I pick it up.

Cheers!
That's quick! I ordered in late Feb but was told for a Week 15 build. I'm jealous.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 05:20 PM   #6
JoeyDDD0919
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I ordered back in late Feb. There are couple reasons to not wait.

1. Current X7 is a nice car. So it won't let you down.
2. The wait is long and my current car value might change if the post-covid trade in value gets decreased.
3. It's a car. You won't have too much a big deal if you are going to keep it long. There will be a lot of new cars be better if you keeping the car long. If you are only keep it for couple years. You can change it then.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 05:24 PM   #7
blan17
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Can't wait to hear how long it takes yours to get on a truck and to the dealer. My order has been stuck at "Awaiting Carrier Assignment" for two weeks. It originally rolled off production on 3/6, should have been on a truck on 3/7, and my dealer (Austin) get it on 3/10. Right now, it's still in Spartenburg.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 06:07 PM   #8
sjak92
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyDDD0919 View Post
Quote:
I ordered back in late Feb. There are couple reasons to not wait.

1. Current X7 is a nice car. So it won't let you down.
2. The wait is long and my current car value might change if the post-covid trade in value gets decreased.
3. It's a car. You won't have too much a big deal if you are going to keep it long. There will be a lot of new cars be better if you keeping the car long. If you are only keep it for couple years. You can change it then.
I'm also about to order a X7, coming from the current X5, but I'm waiting for the facelift.

I'm in the UK. As soon as I place my order, my trade in value is locked until I get the new car so I am lucky in that perspective.

In terms of it not being a big difference however, I don't agree. It seems that the LCI will be substantially different both with changes in the outside and inside. Tech will also get an upgrade to newest iDrive.

Whilst I see your point about new cars coming out all the time, I always try to fit in with a models cycle. I'd be rather pissed off if spent so much money on a car, only for a new model to be on sale within months of me collecting it from the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 06:13 PM   #9
sjak92
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr4ckD4ys View Post
Quote:
The amount of time it takes until those LCI cars hit the dealer lots at reasonable price levels? Or maybe the fact that you don't want to be an iDrive 8 (and other components) test user?

Solid, proven car today versus not-yet-proven-but-improved car 10 months down the line?

Pigeon on the roof versus small finch in hand today?

Driving pleasure today versus driving pleasure tomorrow?

It's all so subjective but kudos to both of you for getting the car you want! If you're unsure about your choice then you should wait until you gained that clarity.

With a completely new platform I'd agree with most of that, however, an LCI has underpinnings of the existing model. Historically, LCI's are fairly reliable from day one, something that can't be said, as you pointed out, about brand new models.

In terms of iDrive 8 and "teething" problems, with September delivery times for X7 LCI, the new iDrive will have been effectively a year into production at that point. With OTA updates on top of that, I expect most bugs to be eradicated.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 07:30 PM   #10
classj
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328xi E90, X3 M40i, M2CS,X7M50

Quick as a bunny here too. I submitted the build on 2-7. Build was scheduled to start 3-14. Car was complete Monday and waiting for carrier assignment.

I am very happy I got a build in Pre LCI. I have not seen anything worth waiting for other than maybe the new V8.

If the LCI is announced and we need to have it we will figure it out.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 07:31 PM   #11
Ereim
Private
Rep

Quote:
Great question!

From all the spy pics, I really don’t like the “dragonfly” headlight setup.

Also, having seen the iX dash in person, I don’t love the huge screen being separated from the dash. I’m thinking that after this facelift, they will listen to feedback and integrate the one large screen seamlessly built into the dash.

Also getting a very favorable trade in value right now as well as low financing. I expect interest rates to be higher by the time the LCI is available for purchase.
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2022, 08:56 PM   #12
sandwi54
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G07, F90

Quote:
Quote:
Great question!

From all the spy pics, I really don’t like the “dragonfly” headlight setup.

Also, having seen the iX dash in person, I don’t love the huge screen being separated from the dash. I’m thinking that after this facelift, they will listen to feedback and integrate the one large screen seamlessly built into the dash.

Also getting a very favorable trade in value right now as well as low financing. I expect interest rates to be higher by the time the LCI is available for purchase.
I am in the same camp. Placed order late February and production was completed on 3/14 and is now waiting for carrier assignment.

The moment I saw the split headlight and the rendering, my decision was made to quickly grab a pre-LCI build. I like the current X7 M50i look and if the LCI looks anywhere close to the rendering, I know I'd regret waiting for the LCI and forever losing the opportunity to order a pre-LCI.

If the LCI turns out to be a blockbuster, I always have the chance of grabbing one later on anyway.
      03-16-2022, 11:27 PM   #13
JoeyDDD0919
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm also about to order a X7, coming from the current X5, but I'm waiting for the facelift.

I'm in the UK. As soon as I place my order, my trade in value is locked until I get the new car so I am lucky in that perspective.

In terms of it not being a big difference however, I don't agree. It seems that the LCI will be substantially different both with changes in the outside and inside. Tech will also get an upgrade to newest iDrive.

Whilst I see your point about new cars coming out all the time, I always try to fit in with a models cycle. I'd be rather pissed off if spent so much money on a car, only for a new model to be on sale within months of me collecting it from the dealership.
Totally get that. And I don't mean waiting for the LCI is a bad thing.

I live in a metro where only has two BMW dealerships. My chances of getting a new model quicker is low.

My current car had an accident so I would like to grab the opportunity when it still worth some money.

Also I've never been a BMW owner so I would like to own one sooner than later.

Had I have more budget and time to wait, I would have waited as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 12:51 PM   #14
Ereim
Private
Rep

And we have delivery! 3 weeks from start to finish. I’ll take it!

Not sure why the image is sideways, its not like that on my phone!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 01:45 PM   #15
markonline007
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i xDrive

Quote:
And we have delivery! 3 weeks from start to finish. I’ll take it!

Beautiful!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 01:54 PM   #16
JoeyDDD0919
First Lieutenant
Rep

Not sure why but mine hasn't started building yet...Sigh
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 03:48 PM   #17
SuhrWinston
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 40i

Quote:
And we have delivery! 3 weeks from start to finish. I'll take it!

Very Nice! Mine will be ready Monday apparently as well!
Appreciate 0