BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Received two M60i offers. Trying to understand the math

01-18-2024, 01:59 PM   #1
superpanjy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Received two M60i offers. Trying to understand the math

View post on imgur.com

As you can see the offers I attached. Both ask me to is trade in my current 2022 x7 m50.
Currently, my x7 has less than 10k miles. About $48k loan to pay with only 0.9% rate.
Using the 1st offer as an example. If I understand correctly, I trade in. Currently loan + $12611 will be my new loan with new rate new 5-year term. No down payment.
Should I?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2024, 08:17 PM   #2
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50i / TBii / Tartufo

First of all, there’s no free lunch. There’s good deals - but with the right relationship good deals can always be had.

The way I understand your offer 1 is fundamentally different though from how you understand it (TLDR: This is a major rip off.):
- They are offering you 48k (your loan) plus 12.7k (in text body of letter) minus 3k (cash allowance in offer table) for your current vehicle: 57.7k. Even if I understand the first sentence wrong and you get 3k additional, they are still just offering 60.7k for your car. That’s way behind market value (~75k) with your extreme low mileage there. Rip off in my opinion.
- yes you get the same term loan of 60months, but that “no down payment required” is BS because your positive equity on your trade in is your down payment so technically it’s not “0$ drive off” like the offer claims. Again, sales tactics.
- You are very likely to end up with a higher interest rate on the new loan than your current 0.9%
- Based on all the above, your monthly payment will be higher than what you have right now and the letter doesn’t state anything about the sale price of the 2024MY vehicle.

Overall, I find this offer pretty bad and considering the misleading language used, offensive almost.

Lastly, I’d give it another year or two for BMW to iron out all those software and drivetrain issues those LCI X7s have.
Appreciate 3
      01-20-2024, 09:02 AM   #3
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpanjy View Post
View post on imgur.com

As you can see the offers I attached. Both ask me to is trade in my current 2022 x7 m50.
Currently, my x7 has less than 10k miles. About $48k loan to pay with only 0.9% rate.
Using the 1st offer as an example. If I understand correctly, I trade in. Currently loan + $12611 will be my new loan with new rate new 5-year term. No down payment.
Should I?
Sorry, but this looks like a really bad deal from a financial perspective. Given you only have 10K miles, and the .9 rate, I would not take their offer…
Appreciate 2