BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Wireless charging and touch screen

01-07-2022, 05:49 PM   #1
BMWSCOTT11
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 528

Wireless charging and touch screen

Someone in an X7 group on Facebook posted they ordered their X7 in late November and it came with both these features.

Anyone hearing if they're back in production again?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 05:52 PM   #2
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWSCOTT11 View Post
Someone in an X7 group on Facebook posted they ordered their X7 in late November and it came with both these features.

I have both in my 2022 XB7.
      01-07-2022, 06:15 PM   #3
Lando X
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:

There was a three week period these weren't included in in late October / early November. They are back now but there are on-going risks with building. Need to watch out for 6ux(the touchscreen), 6uy(Idrive controller, not an impact on x7), or 6p1 (ambiguous rumor about missing enhanced Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and delayed CarPlay). Those codes are based on what I've come across to date. If something is missing on your custom build when it shows up you just reject if you can't stomach it, dealers will easily sell from what I'm told.
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2022, 06:20 PM   #4
Lando X
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lando X View Post
Quote:

There was a three week period these weren't included in in late October / early November. They are back now but there are on-going risks with building. Need to watch out for 6ux(the touchscreen), 6uy(Idrive controller, not an impact on x7), or 6p1 (ambiguous rumor about missing enhanced Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and delayed CarPlay). Those codes are based on what I've come across to date. If something is missing on your custom build when it shows up you just reject if you can't stomach it, dealers will easily sell from what I'm told.
One tack on, from what I can gather very few 22s receive wireless charging unless something recently changed. When you build with dealer though it looks like you're getting one
Appreciate 1
      01-08-2022, 12:18 PM   #5
beemerb0y
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

I recently purchased a brand new 2022 XB7 Alpina
It has a build date of 09/21 based on the vin sticker on the door jamb
I do have touch screen, but I do not have wireless charging. I do not see a credit on the window sticker for this missing feature. Any advise on obtaining a credit? Or better yet, a retrofit when parts become available?
What other features might I be missing that I should check for?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 02:54 PM   #6
Lando X
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Pină View Post
I just realized you indicated you got the wireless charging. Can you share when you Alpina was manufactured? My 40i is currently in production and I've been told by multiple geniuses and my CA now that wireless charging has been showing up on recent X7 builds. Crossing my fingers this is legit as it's still showing I have it in 150 status.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 03:22 PM   #7
Lando X
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerb0y View Post
I do have touch screen, but I do not have wireless charging. I do not see a credit on the window sticker for this missing feature. Any advise on obtaining a credit? Or better yet, a retrofit when parts become available?

Thanks
Unfortunately I don't think you're going to get much traction with the wireless charging being it wasn't ever "officially" included in 2022 build sheets I've seen. The biggest items I would check based on recent rumors would be Apple car play integration as well as the ability to use the wifi hot spot and actually be able to connect to T-mobile to sign up. Aside from this, there are a few cost cutting corners in 2022s that have been noted on this forum and include : third row having black plastic trim vs. matching wood, rear passenger door puddle lights mia, and the alcantara on the moon roof sections themselves being something other than alcantara (to be fair, this was pulled on 21s as well).
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 03:48 PM   #8
ppnff
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7

Mine (M50i) was ordered in late November 2021 and was completed a few days ago. Currently waiting for transportation assignment.

The unit seems to have the wireless charging and touchscreen based on the specifications on my garage in bmwusa.com.
Past Vehicles: 2019 X5 xDrive40i M-Sport (Week 41 Build), 2016 X5 xDrive35i, 2014 Acura MDX AWD, 2009 Mercedes E350 RWD, 2006 Infiniti G35, 2003 Honda Accord EX V6, 2000 Infiniti QX4, 1996 Honda Accord EXL, 1993 Volvo 850GLT, 1979 Mercedes 240D
Appreciate 1
      01-08-2022, 04:09 PM   #9
tlove1389
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks
Unfortunately I don't think you're going to get much traction with the wireless charging being it wasn't ever "officially" included in 2022 build sheets I've seen. The biggest items I would check based on recent rumors would be Apple car play integration as well as the ability to use the wifi hot spot and actually be able to connect to T-mobile to sign up. Aside from this, there are a few cost cutting corners in 2022s that have been noted on this forum and include : third row having black plastic trim vs. matching wood, rear passenger door puddle lights mia, and the alcantara on the moon roof sections themselves being something other than alcantara (to be fair, this was pulled on 21s as well).
What about enhanced Bluetooth? Seems that this might be something that is not coming anymore. But seems that would be software only if they car already had Bluetooth. I don't know enough about what that really is but I noticed it wasn't spelled on my recent build sheet. I built one last year but it was built during the no touchscreen phase and that was a no go for us. So we reordered. Now the enhanced Bluetooth isn't on the order. But that could just be standard now in 2022s??? It's not like they list everything such a doors and windows.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 04:12 PM   #10
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Pinã View Post
I just realized you indicated you got the wireless charging. Can you share when you Alpina was manufactured? My 40i is currently in production and I've been told by multiple geniuses and my CA now that wireless charging has been showing up on recent X7 builds. Crossing my fingers this is legit as it's still showing I have it in 150 status.
Not exactly sure when it was manufactured. It was delivered about a week ago. What's the best way to find the mfg date? Definitely has wireless charging though.
Attached Images

01-08-2022, 04:35 PM   #11
Lando X
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Pină View Post
Not exactly sure when it was manufactured. It was delivered about a week ago. What's the best way to find the mfg date? Definitely has wireless charging though.
Thanks for checking. Unless it moved, I think it's on a sticker or metal plate in the driver's side door jamb when it's open.

I think BMW may have started included wireless charging again starting sometime in November or December based on some things I'm reading on other threads today. Sounds like if you have a higher price point car (eg. X7s, higher end X5s/X6s) some are reporting having it there in recent builds.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 04:40 PM   #12
Lando X
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlove1389 View Post
What about enhanced Bluetooth? Seems that this might be something that is not coming anymore. But seems that would be software only if they car already had Bluetooth. I don't know enough about what that really is but I noticed it wasn't spelled on my recent build sheet. I built one last year but it was built during the no touchscreen phase and that was a no go for us. So we reordered. Now the enhanced Bluetooth isn't on the order. But that could just be standard now in 2022s??? It's not like they list everything such a doors and windows.
I've read this rumor as well and I'm waiting to see if any issues when mine arrives (it's sitting in 150 status now and has a 6NW code on the build). Unsure if this is true or not, however I read that if it has 6NW code in the build it has wireless charging which supersedes and includes the 6NS (Enhanced bluetooth) code. Reading in a few places wireless charging may be back so really crossing fingers here.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 04:59 PM   #13
tlove1389
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I've read this rumor as well and I'm waiting to see if any issues when mine arrives (it's sitting in 150 status now and has a 6NW code on the build). Unsure if this is true or not, however I read that if it has 6NW code in the build it has wireless charging which supersedes and includes the 6NS (Enhanced bluetooth) code. Reading in a few places wireless charging may be back so really crossing fingers here.
Thank you! Great intel. Makes sense. My fingers are crossed. I have a vin number so hopefully what is listed in my garage actually makes it in car. I didn't look last time because I never thought a touchscreen would be deleted so no idea what the old car said at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 06:52 PM   #14
beemerb0y
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
On bmwusa.com it lists wireless charging as a standard feature… so it should be officially included

I have apple carplay

3rd row has what looks like piano black.. doesnt match rest of my myrtle trim
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 06:53 PM   #15
beemerb0y
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Enhanced Bluetooth is the ability to stream music via Bluetooth? If that’s the case, i have it
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 08:42 AM   #16
Lando X
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Enhanced Bluetooth is the ability to stream music via Bluetooth? If that’s the case, i have it
It allows for the ability to connect two phones to car at same time / play music through one phone and have the other availble for taking calls.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 08:56 AM   #17
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep

Great description here:

https://www.bimmer-tech.net/blog/ite...nced-bluetooth
      01-09-2022, 09:40 AM   #18
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Quote:

Code corrections:

6UX = iDrive Controller Classic
6UY = touchscreen

Appreciate 0