forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum STEK PPF and Front Badge

06-18-2021, 08:38 PM   #1
noosense14
Rep
Drives: Honda S2000

STEK PPF and Front Badge

Hi everyone. I decided to move forward with getting the entire front end done with STEK PPF. I just got it back. For those that got the PPF done as well, did they do the fog lights and front plastic trim going across the front bumper where the tow hook cover is as well (circled part in the picture).

Also, when pressing on the front badge on the hood, is your completely flush or is there a little "play" in it. I don't recall, but there is a little wiggle room when I press it down a little bit. I assume they did take it off when doing the hood, but wanted to see if I was going crazy. Thanks for your help.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 09:38 PM   #2
JaTe
BMW Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3, X7

My fogs and that plastic panel was done on mine. The BMW Roundel on my hood does have a little play in it too. It was bugging me and not sure if it was like that or if they took it off when they did the wrap on the hood.

Retired BMWs: 1999 BMW 328i, 2005 BMW M3 ZCP
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 09:47 PM   #3
Patgilm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT-R, X7 M50i, M340

I just got mine back this week with Suntek Ultra and the front bumper part you circled including the tow hook cover is covered. The fog lights are also covered. One thing I did ask them about was covering the grill and they didn’t want to since they said it wasn’t painted like the bumper but more of a coating and didn’t want it to peel off if they had to remove the film in the future.

I did just notice the black part right under the fog lights and the black part that kind of sticks out under the fog light are not covered so I may have him add fil to those small parts.

Just curious, did you get Ultra or Reaction film? I wanted Reaction but he didn’t have enough in stock and I didn’t want to wait a few days for him to get it in so I went with Ultra and just did ceramic on the whole car.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 09:50 PM   #4
Patgilm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT-R, X7 M50i, M340

I forgot to add that my badge has no play at all so maybe it came like that from the factory. I don’t think my installer took it off and I can see where they tucked the film down in the lower edge of the badge area.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 10:20 PM   #5
noosense14
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patgilm View Post
I just got mine back this week with Suntek Ultra and the front bumper part you circled including the tow hook cover is covered. The fog lights are also covered. One thing I did ask them about was covering the grill and they didn’t want to since they said it wasn’t painted like the bumper but more of a coating and didn’t want it to peel off if they had to remove the film in the future.

I did just notice the black part right under the fog lights and the black part that kind of sticks out under the fog light are not covered so I may have him add fil to those small parts.

Just curious, did you get Ultra or Reaction film? I wanted Reaction but he didn’t have enough in stock and I didn’t want to wait a few days for him to get it in so I went with Ultra and just did ceramic on the whole car.
I got STEK dynoshield. They offered SUNTEK as well and recommended Ultra.

The black part that sticks out under the foglights was not done on mine as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 10:21 PM   #6
noosense14
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaTe View Post
My fogs and that plastic panel was done on mine. The BMW Roundel on my hood does have a little play in it too. It was bugging me and not sure if it was like that or if they took it off when they did the wrap on the hood.
Thanks for the reply. I am going to go back to them to tell them to wrap that as well. This place is supposed to be reputable out here in Long Island but I was not too happy with it.

In terms of the roundel, they definitely took mine off and I am 100% sure because they left a little chip right next to it....never thought i would get my first scratch/chip at the detailing place of all places.
Appreciate 0