F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > F31 335d xDrive Touring (non adaptive suspension) 20" wheels ACS Springs
GetBMWParts

05-24-2016, 12:13 PM   #1
S11_AUN
Registered
Rep
Drives: F31 335d M Sport Touring

F31 335d xDrive Touring (non adaptive suspension) 20" wheels ACS Springs

My first thread!

I've recently picked up a (non adaptive suspension) 2014 F31 335d xDrive Touring in Metallic Moonlight and immediately wanted to get rid of the floaty feel and gaps in the wheel arches more akin to my X5...

I ordered the car with the lovely looking m405 wheels and spent a few days prior to collection worrying about ride quality. I'd seen many excellent threads on here suggesting they'd be OK, but there were also many threads saying stay well clear! Picked the car up, and in my opinion there's little difference between the 19's and 20's, with the 20's feeling slightly better?! (I'm on my 37th BMW, incl e92 M3's and F10 M5's etc)

I wanted to improve the handling, looks and ride, so headed straight to Bimmerpost and read loads of excellent advice on spring kits etc. Many of you recommended the ACS kit and so I had a quick chat with Lorcan at ACS who convinced me to do it. It's been a couple of weeks since Deutsche Tech in Milton Keynes fitted them and I'm absolutely delighted! Why BMW fitted SE suspension to one of their fastest tourers I'll never understand???

The car is more supple than my previous F31 330d mSport, the floatiness has gone, the car 'sits' on the road, handling, mid corner characteristics, turn in and looks have all improved.

If anyone is considering doing these upgrades and is worried, don't be. I'm so pleased I did it. Thanks to many of you and Lorcan for your advice and I can highly recommend Ben and the team at Deutsche Tech.

Hopefully the pics I'm posting will work

Last edited by S11_AUN; 05-24-2016 at 12:19 PM..
Appreciate 0