BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2024: Australian GP - Melbourne (Mar 24)

03-24-2024, 09:06 AM   #243
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Carlos channeled his inner "Killed by Death" today
On the other hand : It's FKN unbelievable what Ferrari did to him !?!?
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 5
M5Rick60918.00
GuidoK10975.50
Autobacs1379.50
      03-24-2024, 09:20 AM   #244
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
I think stewards have been too hard on ALO, RUS was pushing so hard too late as to not give him any leeway and he was walking a tightrope without any safety net.
It's F1. Tailgating and knife-edge driving (attack and defense) is perfectly normal. No sub 1s tailgating = no DRS.

It looked like Russell was capable of overtaking Alonso in the final stages of the race. He was breathing in Alonso's neck at a mere ± 0.5s distance, offering DRS opportunities in some sections of the track. Final laps, into dirty air behind Alonso, tires grained, Hamilton DNF, so Russell had to make his move to get those 8 WDC and WCC points. Alonso was not gonna yield: he unexpectedly coasted in Turns 6-7 where he used to go flat-out. With the force dynamics at play due to Russell hanging under Alonso's wing, that was asking for trouble: either Russell would rear-end Alonso or would be sent off track and crash. Alonso caught Russell by surprise with a questionable defense tactic, judged by the stewards as "potentially dangerous driving".
      03-24-2024, 09:40 AM   #245
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60918.00
GuidoK10975.50
      03-24-2024, 09:43 AM   #246
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
It's a travesty!!! Best driver pairing in F1. One falls the other picks up the slack. No drama. Both are young and have many years ahead.

Throw all that away so hammy, who's known for being toxic, can fulfill a childhood dream

RB should $hitcan PER and stack the deck with Carlos and Max.

#FerrariThings
Appreciate 3
M5Rick60918.00
GuidoK10975.50
      03-24-2024, 09:56 AM   #247
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
It's a travesty!!! Best driver pairing in F1. One falls the other picks up the slack. No drama. Both are young and have many years ahead.

Throw all that away so hammy, who's known for being toxic, can fulfill a childhood dream

#FerrariThings
I couldn't agree more !

Again : Congrats for Ferrari with P1 & P2

Appreciate 3
M5Rick60918.00
GuidoK10975.50
      03-24-2024, 10:05 AM   #248
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
His right rear Brembo brake caliper was stuck on the brake disc , followed by extreme overheating an explosion in the pitlane and fire ...

From YouTube and other media site comments I can read the word "Sabotaged"

That's always possible . But , I refuse to believe this ...

MAX was very angry and said : This is so f@cking stupid !!!
But why MAX said that ?
Well ... the pit crew tried to change my tires while my car was on fire !
My friend, the wheel change crew are so fixed on the quickest wheel swaps and being the best of the best that is the only thing they are thinking of or they are replaced; the fire in their minds is for someone else to sort
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10975.50
      03-24-2024, 10:18 AM   #249
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
It's F1. Tailgating and knife-edge driving (attack and defense) is perfectly normal. No sub 1s tailgating = no DRS.

It looked like Russell was capable of overtaking Alonso in the final stages of the race. He was breathing in Alonso's neck at a mere ± 0.5s distance, offering DRS opportunities in some sections of the track. Final laps, into dirty air behind Alonso, tires grained, Hamilton DNF, so Russell had to make his move to get those 8 WDC and WCC points. Alonso was not gonna yield: he unexpectedly coasted in Turns 6-7 where he used to go flat-out. With the force dynamics at play due to Russell hanging under Alonso's wing, that was asking for trouble: either Russell would rear-end Alonso or would be sent off track and crash. Alonso caught Russell by surprise with a questionable defense tactic, judged by the stewards as "potentially dangerous driving".
As I said RUS knew it was ALO and should have been aware of the one who is called the 'old fox' by some? Out of that he has a wrecked car eating into the cost cap and an angry boss !.. all because he didn't heed the warning signs on the last lap AND losing good points.
Appreciate 4
      03-24-2024, 10:25 AM   #250
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
My friend, the wheel change crew are so fixed on the quickest wheel swaps and being the best of the best that is the only thing they are thinking of or they are replaced; the fire in their minds is for someone else to sort
Ohh...I know that . They are very well payed for that ...
A Red Bull wheel-gun guy makes $325,000/year !
+ a $4000/race bonus ..

The 'reserve wheel-gun guy receives no bonus

Appreciate 2
GuidoK10975.50
M5Rick60918.00
      03-24-2024, 10:38 AM   #251
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
+ a $4000/race bonus ..
I'm not sure but I think these are pre costcap numbers?
I have no idea how hard the costcap has hit the salaries in the racing teams (save the drivers and team bosses), but I can only imagine it's significant.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60918.00
      03-24-2024, 10:38 AM   #252
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I couldn't agree more !
Verstappen and Sainz both debuted F1 in 2015 at Toro Rosso. They didn't get along. According to Helmut Marko the relationship was "toxic".

"Marko: Red Bull pulled Verstappen and Sainz apart over 'toxic' relationship"
RN365 - Jan 23, 2024
https://racingnews365.com/marko-red-...c-relationship
"Red Bull Motorsport Advisor Helmut Marko has revealed Carlos Sainz's time as part of the team's stable of drivers was ended due to a "toxic" relationship with Max Verstappen.
The Ferrari driver began his F1 career at Toro Rosso, with Verstappen joining the team as a teenager for the 2015 season.
But the relationship between the duo deteriorated rapidly and whilst the Dutchman was quickly promoted to Red Bull after just four races of his second season, Sainz was jettisoned to Renault.
The Spaniard has since wound up at Ferrari via McLaren, securing the only non-Red Bull victory last season with a stunning triumph at the Singapore Grand Prix.
Asked why his time as part of the Red Bull programme came to an end, Marko told Marca: "The atmosphere between those two was quite toxic at Toro Rosso.
"With the team composition as it was then, I saw no way we could keep Carlos for us. So that's how he ended up at Ferrari via Renault and McLaren.""

We are 2024 now and both drivers have matured. But can they get along now ?

Verstappen's reputation preceeds him that he doesn't entertain the concept of 'crown shyness'. He's a dominant driver not allowing a team mate entering his personal space or upsetting his ecosystem.

Name:  ToroRosso_VER_SAI.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  263.1 KB
M5Rick60918.00
      03-24-2024, 10:52 AM   #253
Autobacs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Verstappen and Sainz both debuted F1 in 2015 at Toro Rosso. They didn't get along. According to Helmut Marko the relationship was "toxic".

"Marko: Red Bull pulled Verstappen and Sainz apart over 'toxic' relationship"
RN365 - Jan 23, 2024
https://racingnews365.com/marko-red-...c-relationship
"Red Bull Motorsport Advisor Helmut Marko has revealed Carlos Sainz's time as part of the team's stable of drivers was ended due to a "toxic" relationship with Max Verstappen.
The Ferrari driver began his F1 career at Toro Rosso, with Verstappen joining the team as a teenager for the 2015 season.
But the relationship between the duo deteriorated rapidly and whilst the Dutchman was quickly promoted to Red Bull after just four races of his second season, Sainz was jettisoned to Renault.
The Spaniard has since wound up at Ferrari via McLaren, securing the only non-Red Bull victory last season with a stunning triumph at the Singapore Grand Prix.
Asked why his time as part of the Red Bull programme came to an end, Marko told Marca: "The atmosphere between those two was quite toxic at Toro Rosso.
"With the team composition as it was then, I saw no way we could keep Carlos for us. So that's how he ended up at Ferrari via Renault and McLaren.""

We are 2024 now and both drivers have matured. But can they get along now ?

Verstappen's reputation preceeds him that he doesn't entertain the concept of 'crown shyness'. He's a dominant driver not allowing a team mate entering his personal space or upsetting his ecosystem.

Attachment 3417449
You can say the same thing about Sainz that he's not going to allow a team to unfavorably favor his team mate, as what Ferrari tried to do. He's most definitely not a Barrichelo or Bottas.
Appreciate 4
Artemis29655.00
M5Rick60918.00
GuidoK10975.50
      03-24-2024, 10:59 AM   #254
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
+ a $4000/race bonus ..

The 'reserve wheel-gun guy receives no bonus
That's "nuts".
      03-24-2024, 11:13 AM   #255
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
Quote:
Quote:
And with all the speculations with Max leaving or not (although...going to MERC?...I don't know...) due to all the Horner gossip....
Hormer is mad if he doesn't give SAI a call 1st thing tomorrow....
The issue is : At this moment the 2026 FORD PU s@cks !
Horner and his FORD Red Bull Powertrains Isn't looking like it should be ...
While the new 2026 Merc PU is (already)! extremely powerful !
If MAX thinks about 2026 and his F1 future ...

Well...Then you know it
I think : MAX won't do it .
If the ford engine turns out to be a disaster, like being down on power with 30-40HP, Newey won't be able to make a car so good to compensate for that.
Because we're now looking and say the merc car is a disaster etc, but in reality all the cars of the top teams are really close. Well within 1%
I still think it was strange that RB and Honda parted.
Wasn't that because Honda first said to leave F1 and RB very quickly partnering up with Porsche, and then suddenly Honda said to continue with F1 (and thus now AMR grabbed that chance...)
Looks like a managementblunder from both RB and Honda...
Quote:
Originally Posted by g21 View Post
the long story was, (acc to CH) Honda told RB they don't want to continue in F1.
RB signed a deal with Ford (well, they almost with Porsche prior to that)
Honda realised that their engine is the best.
But RB already signed.
Honda then changed their mind.
Honda signs with someone else since RB already committed.
It was Horner's mistake to abandon HONDA .
Horner saw a bigger picture with his Ford Red Bull Powertrains ...
Ford Red Bull Powertrains was/is Horner's plan .
HONDA wasn't happy about that !
You're not fooling the Japanese and now It's too late .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobacs View Post

Quote:
You can say the same thing about Sainz that he's not going to allow a team to unfavorably favor his team mate, as what Ferrari tried to do. He's most definitely not a Barrichelo or Bottas.
I guess that both Verstappen and Sainz got very stubborn personalities, with Verstappen being even more as tough as nails - zero yielding.

If Verstappen decides to join Mercedes in 2025, Sainz will have a more realistic chance to get a Red Bull Racing seat. IMHO all depends on the development of the Ford RB Powertrains in view of 2026: if Verstappen ain't fully convinced in the forthcoming weeks or months that this engine will be a worthy successor of the current Honda engine, he will likely sign a deal to join Mercedes for 2025 as long-term decision. Maybe 2025 could be a transitional year for Verstappen, as 2013 was for Hamilton at Mercedes (WDC P4 and WCC P2 / WDC P6 for his team mate Rosberg) after leaving McLaren at the end of 2012. But I trust that Mercedes will be ready for 2026 with a very competitive car and engine, as Mercedes also was in 2014. Adrian Newey rumored to have "advanced" talks with Ferrari, could also be part of the equation for Verstappen to consider leaving for Mercedes in 2025. And so does Jos Verstappen's 'Horner must go' elephant in the room.
Autobacs1379.50
      03-24-2024, 11:13 AM   #256
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
That's "nuts".
Yes I know . Please see below my friend !

Appreciate 2
M5Rick60918.00
GuidoK10975.50
      03-24-2024, 11:15 AM   #257
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I'm not sure but I think these are pre costcap numbers?
I have no idea how hard the costcap has hit the salaries in the racing teams (save the drivers and team bosses), but I can only imagine it's significant.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
M5Rick60918.00
GuidoK10975.50
      03-24-2024, 11:24 AM   #258
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Unlike Ferrari jumping onto LEW in a New York minute, when he cried enough at Merc offering him the world, I think Wolff will probably not rush into anything just yet keeping SAI on hold or indeed maybe having told him and his dad he is the top choice but at the same time hankering after MAX on the off chance pretending he is after him with MAX leading him on lol
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10975.50
      03-24-2024, 11:26 AM   #259
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
As I said RUS knew it was ALO and should have been aware of the one who is called the 'old fox' by some? Out of that he has a wrecked car eating into the cost cap and an angry boss !.. all because he didn't heed the warning signs on the last lap AND losing good points.
Did anyone check the Mercedes team radio in the final stages of the race ? What did Mercedes radio Russell ? Did they instruct him to pass Alonso or to back off and simply bring the car home.

If I were Toto Wolff, I wouldn't blame Russell for the crash. OK the repairs cost money, but Russell did all he could - he showed determination, bravery, fighting spirit, he engaged. His accident is no result of recklessness. It's a result of flirting with the limits - givin' it all you got.
      03-24-2024, 11:28 AM   #260
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Unlike Ferrari jumping onto LEW in a New York minute, when he cried enough at Merc offering him the world, I think Wolff will probably not rush into anything just yet keeping SAI on hold or indeed maybe having told him and his dad he is the top choice but at the same time hankering after MAX on the off chance pretending he is after him with MAX leading him on lol
I think drivers are the least of Mercedes' problem. They need to sort out their car now and for the future. Mercedes could hire every F1 great, dead or alive and it still would not matter with the terrible car they have built the last 3 years.
Appreciate 3
GuidoK10975.50
M5Rick60918.00
      03-24-2024, 11:35 AM   #261
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Did anyone check the Mercedes team radio in the final stages of the race ? What did Mercedes radio Russell ? Did they instruct him to pass Alonso or to back off and simply bring the car home.

If I were Toto Wolff, I wouldn't blame Russell for the crash. OK the repairs cost money, but Russell did all he could - he showed determination, fighting spirit - he engaged. His accident is no result of recklessness. It's a result of flirting with the limits - givin' it all you got.
MAX would never fall for the 'old fox' tricks, unfortunately RUS walked right into it irrespective what Wolff was telling him over the radio.
Appreciate 3
GuidoK10975.50
Autobacs1379.50
      03-24-2024, 11:53 AM   #262
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Some decent salaries.
So Max' tyre changes made each $507.500 last year if they attended every race.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60918.00
      03-24-2024, 12:23 PM   #263
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Some decent salaries.
So Max' tyre changes made each $507.500 last year if they attended every race.
Yeah . And I would love to do that as well...

Appreciate 2
M5Rick60918.00
GuidoK10975.50
      03-24-2024, 12:24 PM   #264
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Quote:
how do i be tire carry guy?
Appreciate 1