BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum New X7 Build - no touchscreen?!

12-06-2021, 09:40 PM   #265
GL
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7 M50i, 2019 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqiidepp View Post
This thread has been quite for a few days now. I am assuming the cars coming in now have touch screen. My X7 just got delivered today and I will be picking it up this week. The SA doesn't know if it has touch screen or not - he just assumed that none of the X5 and X7 have touchscreen and told me it doesn't. I have asked him to go and check.
When I run my VIN I don't see and deletion code as well (S6UY). What do you guys think ?
I think you have a touchscreen! Congrats.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 10:15 PM   #266
waqiidepp
WaqiiDepp
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07%E2%80%99 328xi coupe, 12%E2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL View Post
I think you have a touchscreen! Congrats.
Just picked it up today and it has touch screen
Appreciate 2
GL121.00
Wild Blue3683.50
      12-08-2021, 10:51 PM   #267
Parmus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: MY2022 X7

Seems like a very small window of time where touchscreen was not available and now maybe spotty. I picked up an unsold in transit end of September MY22 with touchscreen. I would be mad if my preorder was without.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 01:23 PM   #268
Triple Action
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50i, '22 X5 xDrive 40i

I ordered mine on Sunday 11/28 and still in Order Received status. CA said it will be delivered second half of January. I will post in here once I have a VIN whether the 6UY code shows on my build or not. Fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 08:46 PM   #269
Delrazdan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22X540i (ArcGre), 24X760i CBM

I called some places in Midwest looking for X5 for da wife. Plenty around all no touch screen. The CA tried to tell me it could be 2 years. I don’t believe it but perhaps they r robbing x5s touchscreens for x7
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 09:16 PM   #270
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delrazdan View Post
I called some places in Midwest looking for X5 for da wife. Plenty around all no touch screen. The CA tried to tell me it could be 2 years. I don't believe it but perhaps they r robbing x5s touchscreens for x7
There is a thread in the x5 section covering this topic, new x5s coming off the line the last few weeks have touchscreens. it appears the touchscreen shortage, at least for the moment, is resolved with regards to x models.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 10:59 AM   #271
09elphant
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i

Good Day everyone... I’m so sorry to see all the frustration relating to “Supply Chain Issues”… At the expense of upsetting some folks, I’d like to share some experience and information that might help dappen our disappointments. As a manufacturer myself, we have seen and experienced:
1) Many suppliers send “Force Majure” letters… This is where a Vendors state that they cant NOT be held responsible for anything that happens outside of their control.
2) We have seen freight prices go from ~$2,100 per container to as much as $26,000… This alone affects our Raw Material prices…
3) Prices for commodity items have gone up as much as 2 times on the same day (from same vendor)…
4) Raw Material has seen as much as a 65% increase just since February of this year…
5) Vendors are going from 2 week deliveries on commodity based items to as much as 14-18 weeks… And to add insult to injury, they will not guarantee they can get it by then and most likely the price will go up again even though we have a Purchase Order with them at a state price.
6) Labor in our area has seen as much as 33%+++ increase in hourly rates since this time last year… Some have seen an even sharper increase in labor rates and are PAYING folks to fill out job applications.
7) Due to the lack of labor, productivity is diminished and in extreme cases it affects quality, operating costs while slowing down deliveries which affect orders that are scheduled to run next.
I understand that it would be better if BMW could postpone Customer Confirmed Orders until the needed parts are in. However the problem remains that all the other components they may have are already been allocated for and in the Warehouse awaiting dispatch… Eventually, like us, you run out of Warehouse space “hording” Raw Material to service your customers… Its not uncommon for a supplier to build up inventory so that they can start shipping as normal on a certain date going forward… This can be referred to as a Deviation… Not to mention that their Purchase Order, Scheduling & Work Flow software was most likely created pre-pandemic… And therefore that system cannot account for this kind of Raw Material disruption… However the Dealership could, they could call the customer and tell them an update and make a note to check daily until they can reorder your preferred options or in the very least do a dealer search to find you the vehicle you want…

I will add another layer that is most recently affecting the World Supply Chain. Various industries in China (from Mines to Chemical factories) are being closed (by the Chinese Government) due to the Winter Olympics… The reason is to clean up the Air in time for the Games… For example, Silicone (mines) for sealants and phosphate salts for Fire Retardants are among those industries being shut down… Imagine what that is also doing to the Auto Industry…

Sorry for the long response…
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 08:50 PM   #272
iddqd
Rep
Drives: 528i, x7

In Korea these days, x7 came with no touchscreen, reverse assistance, around view and even the buttons on the door is black plastic. I think the situation for x7 is better than x3,4,5 in here, because HUD is excluded, and leather is also downgraded(from merino to vernasca. or maybe I live in shitty country?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 11:42 PM   #273
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50i / TBii / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
In Korea these days, x7 came with no touchscreen, reverse assistance, around view and even the buttons on the door is black plastic. I think the situation for x7 is better than x3,4,5 in here, because HUD is excluded, and leather is also downgraded(from merino to vernasca. or maybe I live in shitty country?
Hmm… that is certainly much more deletes than the US experiences currently. But I don't think it's because of a shitty country - not sure where the X7s for the Korean market are produced, I can't imagine Spartanburg is the only plant making X7s. Either way it's definitely supply-chain related for you!

EDIT: it appears the Asian market (excluding China) is served from the Rayong plant in Thailand, that produces also all X models. I must imagine the supply chain issues there are worse than in Spartanburg plant if you have that many deletions still!
      03-02-2022, 03:17 AM   #274
yujini
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 30d, Boxster GTS (981)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr4ckD4ys View Post
Hmm… that is certainly much more deletes than the US experiences currently. But I don't think it's because of a shitty country - not sure where the X7s for the Korean market are produced, I can't imagine Spartanburg is the only plant making X7s. Either way it's definitely supply-chain related for you!

EDIT: it appears the Asian market (excluding China) is served from the Rayong plant in Thailand, that produces also all X models. I must imagine the supply chain issues there are worse than in Spartanburg plant if you have that many deletions still!
X7s are 100% from Spartanburg.
South Korea has shitty options because they are 3 months behind US (due to delivery).
I recall that last December, US also had shitty options.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2022, 09:34 AM   #275
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50i / TBii / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by yujini View Post
South Korea has shitty options because they are 3 months behind US (due to delivery).
Where did you get this info that X7 is exclusively made in Spartanburg? The BMW Group Corporate website for the Thailand plant states clearly they are producing X7s there. I doubt they'd ship them from US if they can have them from Thailand.
      03-05-2022, 09:54 AM   #276
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr4ckD4ys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yujini View Post
Where did you get this info that X7 is exclusively made in Spartanburg? The BMW Group Corporate website for the Thailand plant states clearly they are producing X7s there. I doubt they'd ship them from US if they can have them from Thailand.
Thailand is a oddball plant, they can produce basically the whole core line 3,5,7, x3,x5,x7 and a few others, I doubt there is a lot of volume coming out of there for any specific model (fit and finish is probably an open question as well) probably only some Asian market specific models.

I would bet most of the South Korean volume is us based
Appreciate 0