forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Right rear seat unlocked warning

03-27-2023, 11:29 AM   #45
623Bimmer
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7 M50i

2022 X7 purchased new 3/2022. Rear ended in October. Right rear captains seat back collapsed forward upon car fastly approaching rear with “beeping” sound going off. My 11 year old daughter was sitting properly and belted. She was propelled into the front passenger seat and had a severe concussion and shattered wrist. Missed 5 weeks of school with intense therapy. BMW says there is nothing wrong with the car and that she could’ve been sitting on top of the seatbelt for all they know. Engineer cleared it for safe driving. 2 days after pickup all four seats were not synchronized and moved forward as much as possible to where I almost couldn’t drive it to the dealership. Rear seats spontaneously did exactly what the right one did in the collision with no one in them this time. This time, there was an “ unlocked” seat warning for both rear seats, though the Cell scan showed no faults. B M W will not acknowledge that anything is wrong with the car despite pictures, videos and visual accounts. It is physiologically impossible for her to have hit her head given her height and distance between seats unless something malfunctioned. Does anyone have any thoughts on why the seat did that prior to the collision and why the cell scan didn’t show any faults? I’m too scared to drive the car at this point and ethically can’t sell it to anyone else for fear of injury or death.

Last edited by 623Bimmer; 03-27-2023 at 11:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2023, 07:53 AM   #46
tantan911
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 40i

I got the same error now on my X5 purchased in Aug 2022. Same error just popped up today while dropping my kids to school. I got 3rd seat setup so I fully bended the seats, full forward/back and the error won't go!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2023, 08:19 AM   #47
sharp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i

I had the same or similar error. Tried multiple things people on the forum recommend, but it didn't help. Took it to a dealer and they said they see the issue a lot. The solution was to "reset a computer" which seems to have an incorrect seat position in its memory.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2023, 08:25 AM   #48
tantan911
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantan911 View Post
I got the same error now on my X5 purchased in Aug 2022. Same error just popped up today while dropping my kids to school. I got 3rd seat setup so I fully bended the seats, full forward/back and the error won't go!
I just solved it. The error about the second row but when I opened the third row seat and then closed it firmly it's gone.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2023, 03:34 AM   #49
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X7 M50d

I also have the same error message problem and is booked into the dealers to reset the computers.
However I have also now noticed that the rear head rest does not go down on its own on the 3rd row when instigating the release button - I have to do this manually.
Any one else had this problem?