BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum X7 LCI Featuring Split Headlights Leaks Online

04-05-2022, 08:27 AM   #155
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50i / TBii / Tartufo

EDIT: The posts in question that led me to say the below were deleted.

What's with all the racist and disrespectful comments towards Korea & Asia? People here really think nothing good in their life comes from there? That's pathetically blind towards your everyday items that make your life easier. A proper analysis of BMWs design language over the years will reveal to you that absolutely nothing about their design is tied to the nationality of their designers or the German origin of their brand. It is just the same Design process that every firm follows. If you don't like split lights then do please head over to Mercedes, maybe it's WWII Nazi history is more to your liking.
      04-05-2022, 09:10 AM   #156
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr4ckD4ys View Post
What's with all the racist and disrespectful comments towards Korea & Asia? People here really think nothing good in their life comes from there? That's pathetically blind towards your everyday items that make your life easier. A proper analysis of BMWs design language over the years will reveal to you that absolutely nothing about their design is tied to the nationality of their designers or the German origin of their brand. It is just the same Design process that every firm follows. If you don't like split lights then do please head over to Mercedes, maybe it's WWII Nazi history is more to your liking.

Or here is an even better idea: Why don't you make families in the US start having 5 kids on average again, introduce them to the economy so that your population pyramid doesn't look inverse both in age as well as economic welfare, maybe then brands can sell as much product here as they sell in Asia and then brands will start listening to you again? It's just good business, and it's not like American brands handle it any differently - in fact, America invented "just good business". Without the above process, people wouldn't get to drive BMWs in first place! Don't hate the player, hate the game!
Hey, I didn't see any disrespect to Korea and Asia in the prior posts. I think we should all be open to every country contributing (except for Russia and North Korea of course). There is no doubt that many countries have a lot to offer in terms of design and engineering ideas (except for Russia and North Korea of course that can only steal, lie and cheat their way into any technological developments).
Sold: 2020 X7 M50 White Mineral with Ivory & Blue, 2017 X6M Long Beach Blue with Mugello Red, 2014 X6M Monte Carlo Blue with Mugello Red, 2011 X6 5.0 Black on Black, 2008 E350 4Matic Silver, 2006 Infiniti M45 Diamond Graphite
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 09:58 AM   #157
JoeyDDD0919
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aas5 View Post
Hey, I didn't see any disrespect to Korea and Asia in the prior posts. I think we should all be open to every country contributing (except for Russia and North Korea of course). There is no doubt that many countries have a lot to offer in terms of design and engineering ideas (except for Russia and North Korea of course that can only steal, lie and cheat their way into any technological developments).
I would keep this conversation away from any country going forward....
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 11:24 AM   #158
LowerEast
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:

Or here is an even better idea: Why don't you make families in the US start having 5 kids on average again, introduce them to the economy so that your population pyramid doesn't look inverse both in age as well as economic welfare, maybe then brands can sell as much product here as they sell in Asia and then brands will start listening to you again? It's just good business, and it's not like American brands handle it any differently - in fact, America invented "just good business". Without the above process, people wouldn't get to drive BMWs in first place! Don't hate the player, hate the game!
Wait, you think this is racist and disrespectful?

Funny that it's posted in Russian, they won't get any BMWs any time soon.

Doubt it in this case, otherwise you'd see BMWs in North Korea too.

You read that and your takeaway was "People here really think nothing good in their life comes from there [Korea and Asia]"? And that exchange prompted you to go off on a rant about what's wrong with America?

OK then.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 11:39 AM   #159
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerEast View Post
Quote:

Wait, you think this is racist and disrespectful?

Funny that it's posted in Russian, they won't get any BMWs any time soon.

Doubt it in this case, otherwise you'd see BMWs in North Korea too.

You read that and your takeaway was "People here really think nothing good in their life comes from there [Korea and Asia]"? And that exchange prompted you to go off on a rant about what's wrong with America?

OK then.
The post I was going off about was deleted at a later stage and is no longer in the thread. I wouldn't otherwise chose to go in that direction.
      04-05-2022, 11:40 AM   #160
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyDDD0919 View Post
Quote:
I would keep this conversation away from any country going forward....
Yes. I will make sure I will refrain from it. As per above, the comment that was upsetting is no longer available.
      04-05-2022, 11:48 AM   #161
JoeyDDD0919
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 40i

Quote:
Yes. I will make sure I will refrain from it. As per above, the comment that was upsetting is no longer available.
I know which post you are referring to... It's either admin's action or the OP deleted it.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 02:37 PM   #162
unfoundnemo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 i4 M50

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 M50  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
The post I was going off about was deleted at a later stage and is no longer in the thread. I wouldn't otherwise chose to go in that direction.
Ah, thank you, I'm usually sensitive to ignorant/disrespectful people myself and didn't see anything too crazy. Started to think my moral compass was getting further out of whack.
Tr4ckD4ys388.50
      01-04-2024, 10:20 PM   #163
STi13
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw x7

Quote:
You are completely bought by the mainstream CNN MSNBC type state propaganda, you know nothing about north korea or russia other than what you been told by the propaganda outlets. There are brilliant people in all countries so thinking that everyone steals and cant think of their on is delusional thinking on your part. Time you grow up and learn more about the world than just throwing absolute garbage in a forum like this.
Appreciate 1