BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum NOTE FOR NEW BUYERS: Difference between current build and new 4/2023 build

09-02-2022, 02:48 PM   #45
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X7;X5;S-Class;Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbone7 View Post
Dude - let it go.
Yeah, you are right... I should pass on such responses!. Thank you!.
Appreciate 1
Brigitte484.50
      09-02-2022, 04:14 PM   #46
Jennifer
Banned
Rep
Drives: X7

When you keep telling people what you buy right now is not good enough, have the capacity if they tell you ONCE what you will buy later will not be good enough!
Appreciate 1
      09-02-2022, 07:39 PM   #47
Jrjones4
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i, 2023 X7 M60i

I’ve said it before but the Driving Assistant Pro package in my 23 M60i is hands down better than the one in my 22 M50i which I also thought was excellent. I’m sure additional systems BMW comes out with will likewise be excellent.

You’ll enjoy whatever you end up with BMW5and7 when you finally get it. Loving everything about M60i so far.
Appreciate 2
      09-02-2022, 08:07 PM   #48
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrjones4 View Post
I’ve said it before but the Driving Assistant Pro package in my 23 M60i is hands down better than the one in my 22 M50i which I also thought was excellent. I’m sure additional systems BMW comes out with will likewise be excellent.

You’ll enjoy whatever you end up with BMW5and7 when you finally get it. Loving everything about M60i so far.
I agree. I tried Tesla, Audi, Mbenz, and found the BMW drive assist system to be the best and smoothest system among all of them. A highway road trips is stress-free experience.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2022, 09:45 PM   #49
Justakid
Rep
Drives: Toyota

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW5and7 View Post
See formal confirmation on all of this from BMW USA in posts above (copied below).

From BMW USA: “We should first point out that BMW does not produce vehicles capable of autonomous driving. At this time, the Driver Assistance Professional Package for the new 2023 BMW X7 models does not include Highway Assistant, which will be introduced on the new BMW 7 Series and allows attentive hands-free driving at speeds up to 80 mph under suitable conditions. While we anticipate this feature will be available for order starting in the spring of 2023, it will not be possible or practical to retrofit or upgrade vehicles produced earlier. The system currently available for order in the 2023 BMW X7 allows attentive hands-free driving at speeds up to about 40 mph under suitable conditions.”

MystroX5
JJacksonIII
Jrjones4
Setllarboss
Icecool
Brigitte
Brinkley77
PinkNinja400Guy
Orient330iNYC
Justakid
Thank you for letting me know, this information is useful. If you become aware of more concrete info, do keep us posted. I come to this forum for exactly this information so that we spend 100G wisely
Appreciate 1
BMW5and71061.50
      09-03-2022, 12:46 AM   #50
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justakid View Post
Thank you for letting me know, this information is useful. If you become aware of more concrete info, do keep us posted. I come to this forum for exactly this information so that we spend 100G wisely
Thank you, and am glad that you found this to be useful. I’l keep you posted as I get additional info, but so far all of the above is solid info. The only thing that could change is the timing (i.e.: April, earlier or slightly later). The current internal timeline is formally Spring 2023 (April). Laser lights are also coming back to the X7 soon.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2022, 06:22 AM   #51
Jennifer
Banned
Rep

I see you intentionally ignore that X7s coming in April 2025 (could be earlier or slightly later) will be much more advanced than those X7 coming in April 2023. And X8 will have one more X, and wait for better drive assist systems after 2023! These are facts. "We, members of this group"! keep you posted! U don’t like the responses, then leave them; who cares!

People buy cars for a variety of reasons. It is not just about that one feature you are obsessed with! And many don't care about technology in April 2023 (earlier or slightly later) that will be obsolete in 2 - 3 years! We live in a free country, if you have rights, others have them too!
Appreciate 2
      09-03-2022, 11:08 AM   #52
adamjs83
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5, 2020 X7

Garage List
2020 X7  [0.00]
2019 X5  [0.00]
Everyone is unnecessarily attacking BMW5and7.

The truth is this is good info. The pre LCI came with certain tech through the whole life cycle and the LCI model has certain tech upgrades that likely won't change until the next redesign. The ones we are getting now are tweeners, old tech, new body. It's important that everyone is aware of that.

This isn't the same as next year's car having more features than this year. This is buying the "launch edition" of a multi year generation and not having hardware to enjoy promised tech coming to the this generation. Probably fine for some (including me) but it's important to acknowledge and understand as BMW is not doing a good job of explaining this.

It's reminiscent of the very first few months of the G05 and G07 that lacked the hardware for enhanced traffic jam assistant.
2019 BMW X5 xdrive40i Mineral White
Appreciate 4
BMW5and71061.50
Brigitte484.50
PL13.50
      09-03-2022, 11:08 AM   #53
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
I see you intentionally ignore that X7s coming in April 2025 (could be earlier or slightly later) will be much more advanced than those X7 coming in April 2023. And X8 will have one more X, and wait for better drive assist systems after 2023! These are facts. "We, members of this group"! keep you posted! U don’t like the responses, then leave them; who cares!

People buy cars for a variety of reasons. It is not just about that one feature you are obsessed with! And many don't care about technology in April 2023 (earlier or slightly later) that will be obsolete in 2 - 3 years! We live in a free country, if you have rights, others have them too!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I believe I have responded to your note earlier. Here is my answer again.

Speaking of upgrades and new techs, usually a given BMW vehicle generation does NOT get major upgrades each year, accept for the first year in some cases; hence there is not such hardware upgrades in Aril 2024 or 2025. In this case, it is expected that starting from April 2023 all the way until mid of 2027 all the X7 LCI will hold same exact tech, same hardware and features, leaving the LCI produced now and for the next 6 months on a different category lacking some features due to an outdated "relatively speaking" hardware or service pack. So, the point is, for those who are at the fence of buying now or later (specifically those who are passionate about tech and don't trade in their car every year), they have the freedom to decide on what they want to do. Such information might be worth it for some. Some people can wait until April when an upgraded version is released and keep the 4/2023 released version for 4-5 years which would likely be identical to the 2024/2025/2026 release dates too. For 2022-3/2023 LCI, it is clear that BMW is producing them half cooked to some degree with regards to some features "formal answer from BMW USA posted above". Few months of waiting may have the benefit of getting 3-4 years of full access to all features/techs. Timeline might be different for some others, but it was important to highlight the full picture as it relates to what the current LCI is missing or will be getting in just a few months from now. In
Appreciate 3
      09-03-2022, 11:10 AM   #54
adamjs83
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5, 2020 X7

Garage List
2020 X7  [0.00]
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I believe I have responded to your note earlier. Here is my answer again.

Speaking of upgrades and new techs, usually a given BMW vehicle generation does NOT get major upgrades each year, accept for the first year in some cases; hence there is not such hardware upgrades in Aril 2024 or 2025. In this case, it is expected that starting from April 2023 all the way until mid of 2027 all the X7 LCI will hold same exact tech, same hardware and features, leaving the LCI produced now and for the next 6 months on a different category lacking some features due to an outdated "relatively speaking" hardware or service pack. So, the point is, for those who are at the fence of buying now or later (specifically those who are passionate about tech and don't trade in their car every year), they have the freedom to decide on what they want to do. Such information might be worth it for some. Some people can wait until April when an upgraded version is released and keep the 4/2023 released version for 4-5 years which would likely be identical to the 2024/2025/2026 release dates too. For 2022-3/2023 LCI, it is clear that BMW is producing them half cooked to some degree with regards to some features "formal answer from BMW USA posted above". Few months of waiting may have the benefit of getting 3-4 years of full access to all features/techs. Timeline might be different for some others, but it was important to highlight the full picture as it relates to what the current LCI is missing or will be getting in just a few months from now. In
Exactly.
2019 BMW X5 xdrive40i Mineral White
Appreciate 1
BMW5and71061.50
      09-03-2022, 11:12 AM   #55
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjs83 View Post
Everyone is unnecessarily attacking @[BMW5and7](contact:737940).

The truth is this is good info. The pre LCI came with certain tech through the whole life cycle and the LCI model has certain tech upgrades that likely won't change until the next redesign. The ones we are getting now are tweeners, old tech, new body. It's important that everyone is aware of that.

This isn't the same as next year's car having more features than this year. This is buying the "launch edition" of a multi year generation and not having hardware to enjoy promised tech coming to the this generation. Probably fine for some (including me) but it's important to acknowledge and understand as BMW is not doing a good job of explaining this.

It's reminiscent of the very first few months of the G05 and G07 that lacked the hardware for enhanced traffic jam assistant.
Man, I really appreciate your response. I truly didn't understand the rude behavior of some folks earlier and the reason for attaching me as I was sharing such information. Most people have found it valuable, and am glad you also did, but a few minor group of people decided to use street language and a rude tune. All that doesn't matter to me, I' ll continue sharing and spreading knowledge and info that I have around. People get offended for no reason as if we were talking about someone their kids or family; it's just a car an another launch by BMW; it's a conversation; it a forum!.

Your response above summarizes the whole picture in a very few concise sentences. Thanks for stepping in.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2022, 11:58 AM   #56
Brigitte
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 Mazda CX-9

Quote:

So April 2023 is the release date of the upgraded X7? Or is it the start of the production date? I'm wondering if they will increase the price. Also this would still be considered a 2023 model?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2022, 12:29 PM   #57
Jennifer
Banned
Rep

I believe I have responded to your note earlier. Here is my answer again.

You don't know "they keep the 4/2023 released version for 4-5 years"! These are just your claims! Why did you spread this false information?!

And you ignore the fact that people buy vehicles for a variety of reasons. We realized you are obsessed with that one feature! And you just want that April 2023 one! So what are you waiting for?!

And you ignore the fact that future vehicles X8 and ... will be more advanced than your X7 in April 2023 (could be earlier or later)!

These are simple answers to your claims. Your long answers can't justify your mindset!

We members of this group are happy for whoever buying X7 now!

Didn't expect so many kids nagging about the CURRENT X7 version!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2022, 12:32 PM   #58
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigitte View Post
So April 2023 is the release date of the upgraded X7? Or is it the start of the production date? I'm wondering if they will increase the price. Also this would still be considered a 2023 model?
BMW has done that in the past with a few models/generations. They add features, hardware upgrades, or so around the mid of the first-year launch of any LCI. Examples include the idrive ID7 "lite" on the G30 when this was added prematurely one some vehicles "a lot of people were disappointed when they figured that out after they got the vehicles". Right now, the only vehicle being produced half cooked "launch version" are the i4 and X7. The 7-series sedan and iX are already getting the complete new hardware and service pack from day-1, and will be getting all the new tech "already compatible" through a software upgrade on 4/2023 all the way until the end of their life cycle. At that time, BMW might release a short announcement of rolling new features/upgrades/hardware to the X7 (they have done that in the past on some vehicles (Search prev examples on G30 and G05 around 2019/2020). When the X7 gets the newer pack, simply, they will continue production as is from that date. If it happens on April 2023, that logically is also a 2023 model but am not sure how they will distinguish it from the "launch version" with the older hardware/tech. That date is also too close to the 2024 BMW formal production date which is around July/August, so we don't know yet.

It's also worth mentioning that April 2023 also is the expected date for us to see the the new X5 LCI. At that time, as far as I know, the X5 will also get those same upgrades features and the newer service pack just like that X7, but from day-1. Luckily, X5 LCI release date was pushed to match exactly when those features are ready, hence I don't expect to see a half-cooked "Launch version" of the X5/G05. That will also mark the release date of Motorway assist which will only be compatible with X7 with the newer service pack/hardware at that time. The X5 will get it from day 1 according to current information. Other tech features and upgrades (like Personal Pilot, etc) will be more of a software update down the road for those vehicles produced post 4/2023. Laser lights are also expected to be back around that time frame. That are a few more features but we'll know more as time passes.

I hope that helps. Am sure you will here from other members too as more information is available; and I'll do the same.

Last edited by BMW5and7; 09-03-2022 at 12:41 PM..
Appreciate 1
Brigitte484.50
      09-03-2022, 12:40 PM   #59
Brigitte
Major
Rep

Quote:
BMW has done that in the past with a few models/generations. They include features, hardware upgrades, or so around the mid of the first-year of any LCI. At that time, it will be as simple as an announcement of rolling new features/upgrades/hardware. Simply, they will continue production as is. If it happens on April 2023, that logically is a 2023 model, but that's also too close to the 2024 BMW formal production date which is around July/August, so we don't know yet.

It's also worth mentioning that April 2023 also is the expected date for us to see the the new X5 LCI. At that time, as far as I know, the X5 will also get those same upgrades features and the newer service pack just like that X7. That will also mark the release date of Motorway assist which will only be compatible with X7 with the newer service pack/hardware at that time. The X5 will get it from day 1 according to current information. Other tech features and upgrades (like Personal Pilot, etc) will be more of a software update down the road for those vehicles produced post 4/2023. Laser lights are also expected to be back around that time frame. That are a few more features but we'll know more as time passes.
Thanks for your insight! Please keep us posted. I haven't ordered yet...I was planning to place an order in October or November...
Appreciate 1
BMW5and71061.50
      09-03-2022, 01:03 PM   #60
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for your insight! Please keep us posted. I haven't ordered yet...I was planning to place an order in October or November...
You are welcome.

Will do. I also encourage you to keep any eye on posts by ynguldyn. He had VERY reputable posts/projections and have been sharing various leaks within the BMW organization for 9 years in a row now with SOLID accuracy all these years. He is projecting the the end of life cycle of the current X7 is 07/2022 "exactly 5 years from now, matching what I shared too". he is also projecting that the X7 "G07" will be getting from April 2023 next level including drive assist features from 04/2023. He is also projecting the X5 to be released also around 4/2023 and will also come with the new upgraded features.

I'll let you know if any other info become available.
Appreciate 2
Brigitte484.50
      09-03-2022, 01:12 PM   #61
Brigitte
Major
Rep

Quote:
You are welcome.

Will do. I also encourage you to keep any eye on posts by ynguldyn. He had VERY reputable posts/projections and have been sharing various leaks within the BMW organization for 9 years in a row now with SOLID accuracy all these years. He is projecting the the end of life cycle of the current X7 is 07/2022 "exactly 5 years from now, matching what I shared too". he is also projecting that the X7 "G07" will be getting from April 2023 next level including drive assist features from 04/2023. He is also projecting the X5 to be released also around 4/2023 and will also come with the new upgraded features.

I'll let you know if any other info become available.
Thank you so much. I will definitely keep an eye on your posts and ynguldyn's.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2022, 01:31 PM   #62
Jennifer
Banned
Rep

I don't wait until next year as no one knows at this point what will happen next year! Any more upgrades will be more costly, no one knows how much more, and BMW may drop more options as supply chain issues are expected to be here until the end of next year! Until then, we have a great X7 and enjoy riding it!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2022, 01:44 PM   #63
Brigitte
Major
Rep

Quote:
I don't wait until next year as no one knows at this point what will happen next year! Any more upgrades will be more costly, no one knows how much more, and BMW may drop more options as supply chain issues are expected to be here until the end of next year! Until then, we have a great X7 and enjoy riding it!
Whether to wait or not is strictly a personal choice. This whole thread was about providing useful information to help us make an informed decision based on one's personal priorities!
Appreciate 1
BMW5and71061.50
      09-03-2022, 02:37 PM   #64
Jennifer
Banned
Rep

Good! we finally agree that memebrs have a choice!

The post was not about providing useful information, it was about one-sided speculations and rumors on that one that specific feature when no one knows for sure what will happen next year. You may lose more options next year, or there could be ways to add hardware, or there could be a delay!

I see the tone of posts getting better as members highlight that we buy vehicles for a variety of reasons!
Appreciate 1
      09-03-2022, 02:48 PM   #65
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thank you so much. I will definitely keep an eye on your posts and ynguldyn's.
You're very welcome; great!. BTW; according to ynguldyn, HK sound system will also become standard (with B&W as option) on some vehicles by 4/2023 based on inside leaks from BMW organization.

Last edited by BMW5and7; 09-03-2022 at 03:04 PM..
Appreciate 1
Brigitte484.50
      09-03-2022, 03:19 PM   #66
Brigitte
Major
Rep

Quote:
You're very welcome; great!. BTW; according to ynguldyn, HK sound system will also become standard (with B&W as option) on some vehicles by 4/2023 based on inside leaks from BMW organization.
HK is currently standard on the M60i. It would be great if it becomes standard on the 40i without raising the base price
Appreciate 1