E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > saw an e90 on the side of the road but...

05-13-2005, 10:58 PM   #1
philicusfry
Registered
Rep
Drives: 325i

saw an e90 on the side of the road but...

So if anyone goes to Irvine BMW to get a silver e90... all I have to say is run!

My friend and I went to Irvine BMW today to check out the e90 but was disappointed to find out that none on the lot. We spoke to a salesman and he said that they had a silver one but its battery died after an early test drive but was kind enough to point us to the general direction to where it was. Unfortunately, when we got there we saw a battery charger and a missing e90 so we assumed that the dealer let it out to test. We got impatient waiting for it to come back and left. About a mile away from the dealer we saw the silver e90.. but it was on the side of the road with its hood up! it probably needed to get towed. thank god we didn't wait for it to come back otherwise it would have been a while. damn I wish I had my camera.

Anyway, maybe it's just a lemon. but BMWs are reliable.... right?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2005, 11:54 PM   #2
Nathan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5 3.0

Maybe they didn't PDI it properly, or these are one of the e90s from the recent driving events that were driven pretty hard. Could be a bad battery? I guess we could speculate on many different things. Do you have another dealer you can go to?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2005, 12:22 AM   #3
Pangearox
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
when i picked up my car today my guy told me that if i am ever just in the car playing with the idrive to have the car running...he said it really drains the juice out of the battery.
      05-14-2005, 10:03 AM   #4
RichReg
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435Xi GC & 2000 323Ci.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philicusfry
So if anyone goes to Irvine BMW to get a silver e90... all I have to say is run!

My friend and I went to Irvine BMW today to check out the e90 but was disappointed to find out that none on the lot. We spoke to a salesman and he said that they had a silver one but its battery died after an early test drive but was kind enough to point us to the general direction to where it was. Unfortunately, when we got there we saw a battery charger and a missing e90 so we assumed that the dealer let it out to test. We got impatient waiting for it to come back and left. About a mile away from the dealer we saw the silver e90.. but it was on the side of the road with its hood up! it probably needed to get towed. thank god we didn't wait for it to come back otherwise it would have been a while. damn I wish I had my camera.

Anyway, maybe it's just a lemon. but BMWs are reliable.... right?

Dude, a lot of dealers leave the demo cars out and available to play with. Like for people to test the stereo equipment, for example?

But those cars are not driven nearly as much as they are played with when sitting still. Battery failure on demos is COMMON, especially if the dealer is not having someone constantly charge the battery. Salesmen usually get stuck with the job, because the service people charge the dealership too much by the hour, so it ends up not being done.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2005, 10:18 AM   #5
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichReg
Dude, a lot of dealers leave the demo cars out and available to play with. Like for people to test the stereo equipment, for example?

But those cars are not driven nearly as much as they are played with when sitting still. Battery failure on demos is COMMON, especially if the dealer is not having someone constantly charge the battery. Salesmen usually get stuck with the job, because the service people charge the dealership too much by the hour, so it ends up not being done.
Yes, I have only seen 1 clever dealer with 1 car for driving and another with battery charger hooked up for people to play with the systems
Appreciate 0