BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum The X7 Won't Turn Off In My Own Garage Without Being Locked?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-07-2019, 10:56 PM   #23
Wild Blue
Lieutenant Colonel
Wild Blue's Avatar
United_States
605
Rep
1,635
Posts

Drives: 2004 BMW 330i w/ZHP Perf Pkg
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alaska

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihdihd View Post
Iím having a lot of trouble with this one after having read the full thread.

Sequence:

1. Pull into garage
2. Push start / stop once- engine stops- I drive stays on
3. Engage parking brake
4. Everyone gets out from various doors
5. All doors closed, key in charger slot of car (we keep it there all time
6. I drive, radio, seat massagers and iPads stay on

Check in 30 mins- no change.

As of now the only way I have found to turn off I drive is to lock the car or push and hold down the volume / power button manually.

Setting are set to (unchecked) lock vehicle after exit
And (checked) turn off car after exit and all passengers left

What am I missing?
My take on that, if you are leaving the key inside the car, it thinks YOU are still inside the car, and haven't exited. Even if you open and close any or all doors. AFAIK, the vehicle doesn't have any sensor or sonar in the cabin to determine "have all occupants left the vehicle?"
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 10:47 AM   #24
TXSchnee
Second Lieutenant
149
Rep
276
Posts

Drives: 2018 X3 M40i
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

You should always lock your doors, even in your garage (10 years as an auto claims adjuster taught me that). Also, note that if you have a child seat (infant, convertible or booster) the car senses the weight and will not turn off iDrive fully. Took me about a month after getting my G01 to get used to this, my F25 and F15 were the older, push start twice to turn off style.
__________________
2020 Porsche Cayenne E Hybrid (on order)
2018 X3 M40i
2017 Audi S6 (sold)
2015 BMW X5 xDrive35i (sold)
2015 BMW X3 xDrive28i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 10:07 PM   #25
Ihdihd
New Member
0
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: X7
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSchnee View Post
You should always lock your doors, even in your garage (10 years as an auto claims adjuster taught me that). Also, note that if you have a child seat (infant, convertible or booster) the car senses the weight and will not turn off iDrive fully. Took me about a month after getting my G01 to get used to this, my F25 and F15 were the older, push start twice to turn off style.
Thanks, I do think there's more to it - Even if the key was removed from the car, the car wouldn't sense the removal event until after the doors have all been opened AND occupants left the car. So if the car does turn off when the doors open - which it sometimes does - then its the door opening that does turns off Idrive, not the key leaving the vehicle, nor the pressure sensors in the seats (which are there) telling the car that load is off the vehicle.

As for car seats maintaining permanent pressure - that's an interesting one I have to play with - we do have car seats in the car.

As for the car being stolen / kids accidentally driving it off - the keys are equally accessible whether in the car or not (especially with the digital key), and the garage in my home equally secure to other areas in the home where the key would otherwise be. Ultimately the biggest safety net is that all my neighbors have much more hackable P100Ds sitting in their garages and you don't even need a key to pull that one off

It's a bit more risk for sure, but one I'm willing to mitigate, transfer, and ultimately accept parts of.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 02:56 PM   #26
kdesign7
Second Lieutenant
kdesign7's Avatar
53
Rep
226
Posts

Drives: 2019 X7 40i
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: IN

iTrader: (0)

I have it where my car shuts off everything inside as soon as I get out. But for some reason my headlights won't turn off half the time. I came back to check to see if they were still on 10 mins later. Yep. Still on. I have to lock the door to get them to turn off. Very frustrating. I never need to lock my door in my garage.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 09:00 AM   #27
Lindsaykoehler
New Member
United_States
3
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: X7
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Arkansas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihdihd View Post
I’m having a lot of trouble with this one after having read the full thread.

Sequence:

1. Pull into garage
2. Push start / stop once- engine stops- I drive stays on
3. Engage parking brake
4. Everyone gets out from various doors
5. All doors closed, key in charger slot of car (we keep it there all time
6. I drive, radio, seat massagers and iPads stay on

Check in 30 mins- no change.

As of now the only way I have found to turn off I drive is to lock the car or push and hold down the volume / power button manually.

Setting are set to (unchecked) lock vehicle after exit
And (checked) turn off car after exit and all passengers left

What am I missing?
I am having the same problem... I'm starting to wonder if the box of stuff I keep in my passenger seats is making the car think someone is still sitting there!? Also my car locked with my keys in it the other day. Luckily I could unlock with my phone app
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 02:09 PM   #28
gatordent2007
Second Lieutenant
United_States
54
Rep
270
Posts

Drives: 2020 x7 M50i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Clearwater, Fl

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2016 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsaykoehler View Post
I am having the same problem... I'm starting to wonder if the box of stuff I keep in my passenger seats is making the car think someone is still sitting there!? Also my car locked with my keys in it the other day. Luckily I could unlock with my phone app
Thatís absolutely it. The car is sensing someone is still in there and thatís why it keeps the electronics on. Similar to when you get out to fill gas, if you have passengers, it will do the same thing. Took me forever to figure it out too lol. In fact, Iíve had 2 cars before this current one and never realized thatís what it was doing.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 06:27 PM   #29
themnmd
Major
themnmd's Avatar
United_States
644
Rep
1,231
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340 i Xdrive
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: San Rafael CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFU View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
1. Pull into your garage
2. Press Start/Stop button (only once)
3. Music will stop once everyone opens their door
4. No need to lock the doors
^
The car knows how many passengers were in the car and will only shut the music off after everyone opens their door. I thought it was neat when I figured that out.
same for my M340i . i have it on locking when walk away so i always lock my car even in garage
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2019, 07:42 AM   #30
Presplan
New Member
2
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: BMW X7
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

I think you need to do the latest software update in your car and that will fix the issue. I had the same problem, took the car into BMW and that fixed the issue. Needed to leave it there overnight they said as the updates are taking a long time to run.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 09:18 PM   #31
p.o.t.u.s
Private
12
Rep
67
Posts

Drives: 2020 X7 40i
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Is there any fix for this? I have car seats in the car and I’d rather not have to lock the car when it is in my garage to get everything shut off.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 09:22 PM   #32
p.o.t.u.s
Private
12
Rep
67
Posts

Drives: 2020 X7 40i
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presplan View Post
I think you need to do the latest software update in your car and that will fix the issue. I had the same problem, took the car into BMW and that fixed the issue. Needed to leave it there overnight they said as the updates are taking a long time to run.
I just picked up my 2020 X7 and it has this issue.

Whatís the software version that has the fix?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST