BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum BMW X7 Pickup on display at The Welt!

12-29-2019, 03:06 PM   #45
Rupes
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 (current), E90 330xi (w

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
Gotta be honest; I don't hate it.
Gotta be honest; I do.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 03:11 PM   #46
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
Gotta be honest; I don't hate it.
Right there with ya. Honda ridge line? But better
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 03:12 PM   #47
jinnrice
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i Xdrive

Honda Ridgeline!!!!!
      12-29-2019, 05:02 PM   #48
KINY3RA
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '93 e36 320i

The E92 M3 pick up was more visually proportioned than this X7.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Dackelone10511.00
      12-29-2019, 05:56 PM   #49
Dovine76
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328i

Like the idea, not the execution. Would be ideal for someone desiring that truck aesthetic, but not necessarily the true functionality of one.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 06:34 PM   #50
Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINY3RA View Post
The E92 M3 pick up was more visually proportioned than this X7.
It was, but it's hard to see this done to such a beautiful car. At least the x7 is just an suv. The e92 m3 was a work of art to my eyes.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 09:24 PM   #51
OhMyXM
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Oh my 🥴🙄🙄🤦🏼
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 10:53 PM   #52
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Not bad. They should have made that handle after the C pillar Hoffmeister shaped.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 11:52 PM   #53
OhMyXM
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustButVerify View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by redEYEjedi View Post
Quote:
What an abomination. If they want to destroy the X5/X7 reputation by creating a double entendre, by all means. But if they truly want to enter the luxury pickup market, or create one for that matter, they will need to be original instead of hacking the body of an already established SUV. It's been tried several times before, by American truck brands no less, with major failure.
Key point now could be that a large majority of luxury car owners would never buy an American car or truck.

I know tons of people who would spend 90k+ on a Tesla or European car but wouldn't even consider spending 40k on a truck, especially if it's American.
Europe maybe. And California because they thoroughly dislike America and everything American. But the rest of the US? Good luck.

I own an X5M and a Ford Superduty. By the way, a Limited trim Superduty typically costs more than a M car, just FYI.
Quite the generalization there dude. "California hating America and everything American"... It is this type of viewpoint that a majority of countries dislike Americans. I really hope this forum starts using moderators to just delete all the narrow minded name calling and such that is plaguing all the posts lately. Supposedly, we are discussing our enthusiasm for our cars... Not passing judgements.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 11:52 PM   #54
e90335e36m3
M3
Rep
Drives: M3s

Nice initial effort. Were I ever to buy a truck, however unlikely, I'd choose BMW over any domestic variant.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 11:55 PM   #55
TrustButVerify
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M, 2013 335ih

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMyXM View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What an abomination. If they want to destroy the X5/X7 reputation by creating a double entendre, by all means. But if they truly want to enter the luxury pickup market, or create one for that matter, they will need to be original instead of hacking the body of an already established SUV. It's been tried several times before, by American truck brands no less, with major failure.
Key point now could be that a large majority of luxury car owners would never buy an American car or truck.

I know tons of people who would spend 90k+ on a Tesla or European car but wouldn't even consider spending 40k on a truck, especially if it's American.
Europe maybe. And California because they thoroughly dislike America and everything American. But the rest of the US? Good luck.

I own an X5M and a Ford Superduty. By the way, a Limited trim Superduty typically costs more than a M car, just FYI.
Quite the generalization there dude. "California hating America and everything American"... I really hope this forum starts using moderators to just delete all the narrow minded name calling and such that is plaguing all the posts supposedly discussing our enthusiasm for our cars
Hey, dislike and hate are two very different words. Unless, of course, you're from California.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 12:07 AM   #56
OhMyXM
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quite the generalization there dude. "California hating America and everything American"... I really hope this forum starts using moderators to just delete all the narrow minded name calling and such that is plaguing all the posts supposedly discussing our enthusiasm for our cars
Hey, dislike and hate are two very different words. Unless, of course, you're from California.
Wow, had a bad day there buddy? Just looking for a passive aggressive way to take it out on someone... Ekes... Well, here's a virtual beer-gram sending out to ya. Tomorrow is a new day. May the sun shine warmly upon your face and the wind always at your back.
Appreciate 1
Bogey4me152.00
      12-30-2019, 12:10 AM   #57
TrustButVerify
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M, 2013 335ih

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wow, had a bad day there buddy? Just looking for a passive aggressive way to take it out on someone... Ekes... Well, here's a virtual beer-gram sending out to ya. Tomorrow is a new day. May the sun shine warmly upon your face and the wind always at your back.
Haha thanks. But you seem to need it more than I do. Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 12:12 AM   #58
OhMyXM
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Haha thanks. But you seem to need it more than I do. Cheers!
Nope! I don't drink.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 12:58 AM   #59
dezzracer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku7 View Post
That bike is not fitting in that bed. Just shows it's a terrible design
I'm an off road guy and guys load proper dirt bikes in a truck but never adventure bikes. it's too difficult for even 2 men to push one up. But yea... the bed is short. Would have to be for a performance street truck I would think.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 12:59 AM   #60
RyanBMW
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 328i, 2011 F10 550i,

Quote:
Quote:

Why not? Can you please elaborate more on your thought? I own a BMW, Porsche, and also have a Ford F-250 King Ranch Diesel which costs me $65,000, and that's is already more than the $40K mark that you have mentioned above, so please explain.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 04:38 AM   #61
ADRQ0811
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Current 2013 BMW F30 Past 2008

It's a one off why get mad looks pretty cool
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 04:39 AM   #62
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINasTER View Post
You must be drunk, please go educate yourself! Yes it's based off of a ridiculously oversized suv, don't care if in the X7 the spare would be in the trunk, the boot or on the goddam passe ger seat. Now it's a pickup truck and if you put a spare in the bed of the truck you won't have space for anything else (especially with a 3' bed).

Si tu veux continuer en français pas de problème. But I jave enough common sense to keep it in english in an English based forum, out of respect for others that don't speak other languages.
LOL, you still don’t get it. Never mind... carry on...
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 06:07 AM   #63
2011zx10R
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Lol I remember the E92 M3 pickup earlier in the decade. That thing was sweet.
Pepperidge farm remembers...
Quote:
Quote:
I wonder how many remember that commercial; lol
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 06:21 AM   #64
2011zx10R
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
Nice initial effort. Were I ever to buy a truck, however unlikely, I'd choose BMW over any domestic variant.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
If I needed a pickup truck and it was my only vehicle or had to be a full utility vehicle this would not be on the list

I landed on your post it's not a reply😁

Once you say "pick up truck" I think utility.

I know there are graduating scales for every class of vehicle. However; BMW has built the brand on performance and " luxury "

As a result this vehicle causes a lot of confusion for BMW enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 06:46 AM   #65
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINasTER View Post
And everyone with some common sense knows it's only for display purposes 🙄
And most people know there is no sarcastic font option on the internet
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1
      12-30-2019, 07:02 AM   #66
The__J__Factor
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M Coupe

M5 did it best.

Appreciate 0