BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Max runs in the 16

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-12-2020, 08:59 AM   #1
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
3425
Rep
3,248
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Max runs in the 16

Max has broke in the new 16 at Silverstone today,I must say the nose looks great compared to the retained 'ant eater' nose remaining on the Ferrari 1000.
Albon is booked to try the car at Barcelona next week.
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2020, 09:14 AM   #2
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
20382
Rep
11,973
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Max has broke in the new 16 at Silverstone today,I must say the nose looks great compared to the retained 'ant eater' nose remaining on the Ferrari 1000.
Albon is booked to try the car at Barcelona next week.



Attached Images
  
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2020, 11:41 AM   #3
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
3425
Rep
3,248
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post



It's cold,Max must have had the thermals on brrrr.
Appreciate 2
      02-12-2020, 01:01 PM   #4
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
20382
Rep
11,973
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
It's cold,Max must have had the thermals on brrrr.
Yeah . Here we got a crazy cold storm in the last 4 days .And thunderstorms with hail .
I heard MAX ran with wets at Silverstone . And the Honda power source sounded really brutal ...
The RB16 looks and sounds very promising !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2020, 01:12 PM   #5
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
3425
Rep
3,248
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yeah . Here we got a crazy cold storm in the last 4 days .And thunderstorms with hail .
I heard MAX ran with wets at Silverstone . And the Honda power source sounded really brutal ...
The RB16 looks and sounds very promising !
We've had high winds with heavy rain at times though no hail and luckily no damage here. That Honda engine sounded growling for action with the soft wets perfect for the cold session.
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2020, 01:52 PM   #6
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
20382
Rep
11,973
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
We've had high winds with heavy rain at times though no hail and luckily no damage here. That Honda engine sounded growling for action with the soft wets perfect for the cold session.
More from Silverstone...

__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2020, 02:45 PM   #7
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
3425
Rep
3,248
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
More from Silverstone...

>>Charge on>>
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2020, 03:39 PM   #8
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
3425
Rep
3,248
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Indeed my friend .
Interesting statement above in post # 7...
He got off at the wrong stop
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2020, 10:20 AM   #9
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
3425
Rep
3,248
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post



It's not easy to determine how the new RB front wing (attached image) works looking at it from the one close up picture but I'd say the shoe horn type curved strakes on the sides of the nose cone has a lot to do with it.
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2020, 10:45 AM   #10
chetrickerman
ECUTek Master Tuner
chetrickerman's Avatar
United_States
9457
Rep
1,458
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 YMB
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Colorado Springs

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Im very interested to see how the new honda power unit holds up
__________________
Quote:
Torque is a measure of an engine's ability to do work; Power is the rate at which work is done
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2020, 10:50 AM   #11
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
20382
Rep
11,973
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
It's not easy to determine how the new RB front wing (attached image) works looking at it from the one close up picture but I'd say the shoe horn type curved strakes on the sides of the nose cone has a lot to do with it.
From the latest tests , MAX said the RB16 feels more planted than ever before..
The grip and downforce worked extremely well at Silverstone . So I'm pretty sure RB is ready for it from in the first race in Australia .
I heard also only positive reactions from the Honda Power source

And this will be also very special to watch....

Attached Images
 
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer22981.50
wdb2102.50

      02-16-2020, 10:51 AM   #12
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
20382
Rep
11,973
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetrickerman View Post
Im very interested to see how the new honda power unit holds up
Don't be worried mate
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 11:05 AM   #13
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
3425
Rep
3,248
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
From the latest tests , MAX said the RB16 feels more planted than ever before..
The grip and downforce worked extremely well at Silverstone . So I'm pretty sure RB is ready for it from in the first race in Australia .
I heard also only positive reactions from the Honda Power source

And this will be also very special to watch....

Allison has said the Merc at Albert Park won't be the completely new car as when the '19 came out but the '20 will not have all the options planned for it at first, those additions being added as seen fit later on. Not sure if this is another mind game from Brackley but merc have proved to be the leading 'sandbaggers' in the past.
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2020, 11:27 AM   #14
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
20382
Rep
11,973
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Allison has said the Merc at Albert Park won't be the completely new car as when the '19 came out but the '20 will not have all the options planned for it at first, those additions being added as seen fit later on. Not sure if this is another mind game from Brackley but merc have proved to be the leading 'sandbaggers' in the past.
Probably because with the '20 presentation ,there are too much eyes on it for the moment.
Merc has the knowledge how to work (handle) with "hidden innovations" like we saw in the last season with the tire cooling .
Till now ..I won't speak about cheating...
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2020, 11:38 AM   #15
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
20382
Rep
11,973
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
It's not easy to determine how the new RB front wing (attached image) works looking at it from the one close up picture but I'd say the shoe horn type curved strakes on the sides of the nose cone has a lot to do with it.
Check this out...

__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2020, 12:51 PM   #16
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
3425
Rep
3,248
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Check this out...

Watched the vid in its entirety and what's obvious is an even slimmer RB. The nose is narrower than the 15 and the air flow management looks to be another Newey triumph right back to the even slimmer engine cover and the curved rear wishbones to not impede the air flow.
Appreciate 2
      02-16-2020, 01:48 PM   #17
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
20382
Rep
11,973
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Watched the vid in its entirety and what's obvious is an even slimmer RB. The nose is narrower than the 15 and the air flow management looks to be another Newey triumph right back to the even slimmer engine cover and the curved rear wishbones to not impede the air flow.
Yeah my friend . A slimmer engine space and cover requires also more engine cooling .
More is involved than we are aware about .At first sight it looks +/- the same as the 15 .
But actually a lot is going on . From the '16 aero-specs a higher topspeed is guaranteed
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2020, 01:53 PM   #18
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
3425
Rep
3,248
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yeah my friend . A slimmer engine space and cover requires also more engine cooling .
More is involved than we are aware about .At first sight it looks +/- the same as the 15 .
But actually a lot is going on . From the '16 aero-specs a higher topspeed is guaranteed
That's probably the reason Merc had cooling problems in hot weather with their slot opening on top of the slimline engine cover.
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2020, 05:34 PM   #19
chetrickerman
ECUTek Master Tuner
chetrickerman's Avatar
United_States
9457
Rep
1,458
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 YMB
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Colorado Springs

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Don't be worried mate
Given Honda's reliability in F1, what makes you say that?
__________________
Quote:
Torque is a measure of an engine's ability to do work; Power is the rate at which work is done
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2020, 06:44 PM   #20
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
20382
Rep
11,973
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetrickerman View Post
Im very interested to see how the new honda power unit holds up
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Don't be worried mate
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetrickerman View Post
Given Honda's reliability in F1, what makes you say that?
Because you said : "Im very interested to see how the new honda power unit holds up"
And I replied you with : "Don't be worried mate"
By : "Don't be worried mate" I mean RB-Honda already showed us great reliability in the whole last season ,and during the winter tests it was even better .
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      02-17-2020, 03:56 PM   #21
chetrickerman
ECUTek Master Tuner
chetrickerman's Avatar
United_States
9457
Rep
1,458
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 YMB
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Colorado Springs

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Because you said : "Im very interested to see how the new honda power unit holds up"
And I replied you with : "Don't be worried mate"
By : "Don't be worried mate" I mean RB-Honda already showed us great reliability in the whole last season ,and during the winter tests it was even better .
Is it reliably making similar power as the MB or Ferrari power unit?
__________________
Quote:
Torque is a measure of an engine's ability to do work; Power is the rate at which work is done
Appreciate 1
      02-17-2020, 05:48 PM   #22
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
20382
Rep
11,973
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetrickerman View Post
Is it reliably making similar power as the MB or Ferrari power unit?
The RB16 chassis and the Honda power source look very promising . But Merc and Ferrari didn't slept during the winter stop So , who knows ?
By this I mean .The whole situation will be visible in Australia .

And that's within => https://f1countdown.com/
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 02-17-2020 at 07:46 PM..
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST