BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Well, here it is my new 2020 X7 M50i! (Warning - Picture-heavy!!)

03-02-2020, 11:03 AM   #67
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonboz View Post
Call BMW and get your cars phone number use this number

*(888) 333-6118‬

Then you can either go through your app and register the WiFi here:

https://myvehicle.att.com/#/bmw/lear...US&language=en

Just go to free trial

Or call them

*(866) 595-1222‬

If you get the unlimited it won’t kick in until the free stuff is used up. Hope that helps.
Thanks man!
Sold: 2020 X7 M50 White Mineral with Ivory & Blue, 2017 X6M Long Beach Blue with Mugello Red, 2014 X6M Monte Carlo Blue with Mugello Red, 2011 X6 5.0 Black on Black, 2008 E350 4Matic Silver, 2006 Infiniti M45 Diamond Graphite
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 10:39 AM   #68
johnnparry55
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 760Lifan View Post
Here are some additional pictures of my Amazon Fire Stick integration. I didn't just want to stick it in there and risk braking it off one day so after ordering some different adapters, cables and Velcro, I think I got it now.

The integration into the system is just flawless. As you can see, it gives you access to tons of media - even on the front screen. I now have Amazon Music (which I could not get because I have an Android phone - that would have to wait until we finally get Android Auto later this year) and direct access to my home-server through Plex - just to name a few. Of course, there is Sling-TV (help:sling tv phone number), Amazon Video, various sports-Apps and everything else you can get on a Fire-Stick.

The remote is located below the armrest, right above my Alexa.

Honestly, the RES-system is already worth getting just because of the HDMI-input - no matter if there is somebody sitting in the second row or not.

Looks good! Do you have any problems with Sling TV?
Appreciate 2
      12-10-2020, 12:41 PM   #69
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

I have a Firestick in my RES as well but have issues with the audio going out every 90 seconds or so for 10 seconds. Video is never affected. Going through the BMW Wifi. Are you experiencing this ever?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2020, 11:06 AM   #70
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post
I have a Firestick in my RES as well but have issues with the audio going out every 90 seconds or so for 10 seconds. Video is never affected. Going through the BMW Wifi. Are you experiencing this ever?
Yes, I'm getting some audio-gaps as well. However, those aren't always there. Sometimes, it is worse and sometimes, it is almost flawless. I have the feeling the longer I drive, the more stable the stream is.
Gone: 2020 X7 M50i, Mineral White, Ivory White Full Merino, Piano Black Trim, Cold Weather, Dynamic Handling, Driving Assistance, Luxury Seating, Executive, 22" Y-Spoke Orbit Grey Wheels Style 758i, Space Saver Spare, Trailer Hitch, Leather Dash, Ambient Air, Bowers & Wilkins, Rear Entertainment, Night Vision, Extended Shadowline, Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color.
Appreciate 2
      12-11-2020, 11:07 AM   #71
760Lifan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnparry55 View Post
Looks good! Do you have any problems with Sling TV?
No, works pretty flawless.
Gone: 2020 X7 M50i, Mineral White, Ivory White Full Merino, Piano Black Trim, Cold Weather, Dynamic Handling, Driving Assistance, Luxury Seating, Executive, 22" Y-Spoke Orbit Grey Wheels Style 758i, Space Saver Spare, Trailer Hitch, Leather Dash, Ambient Air, Bowers & Wilkins, Rear Entertainment, Night Vision, Extended Shadowline, Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2020, 05:19 PM   #72
kdesign7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i

Awesome! I have a very similar build but i40. I don't need the third row really ever but am worried to keep the seats down like that. Are you worried about marks and imprints in the 3rd row seats by keeping them down all the time? just curious. Thanks for the photos!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 12:02 PM   #73
760Lifan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdesign7 View Post
Awesome! I have a very similar build but i40. I don't need the third row really ever but am worried to keep the seats down like that. Are you worried about marks and imprints in the 3rd row seats by keeping them down all the time? just curious. Thanks for the photos!
No, not really. I don't think there will be any permanent damage and if so, it's not really an issue for me since I won't be using those seats at all. And even IF I would need them on one or two occasions, it would not bother me. Having the trunk space available is far more important.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 12:19 PM   #74
760Lifan
Major
Rep

Well, since this thread is already infested with countless pictures of my vehicle, I though it couldn't hurt if I added some of the newest family member. Our second vehicle, a 2020 Ford Explorer ST, was a lemon and so we had to pick a replacement. We got a 2020 Lincoln Aviator Black Label GT. Granted, it's not quite as fast as the M50i and not quite on the same level as the BMW but the technology still caught my interest. The Lincoln is just as heavy as the M50i due to its battery and electric motor but rated at 494 hp and 630 lb-ft., it certainly isn't underpowered, either.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 12:39 PM   #75
LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

I grew up a fan of Lincoln automobiles but when they went off the rails for so many years, I lost interest. Recently they've been doing a job rebuilding the brand. Your model is nice looking.

Last edited by LittleJoe; 12-14-2020 at 02:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 01:07 PM   #76
760Lifan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
I grew up a fan of Lincoln automobiles but when they went off the rails for so many I lost interest. Recently they've been doing a job rebuilding the brand. Your model is nice looking.
Thanks.

I believe this is our 5th or 6th Lincoln and you can tell that they improved over the last decade. It certainly is on a different level than the Explorer.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2020, 12:22 PM   #77
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

I love the aviator... interior design is stunning. Had a Navigator as a 6 week rental this summer (courtesy of hotel where I was hiding from Covid) and the tech was great. was really really impressed with what lincoln is doing these days.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2021, 11:31 PM   #78
bemagrp
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 Alpina XB7/21 Alpina XB7

Quote:
Here are some additional pictures of my Amazon Fire Stick integration. I didn't just want to stick it in there and risk braking it off one day so after ordering some different adapters, cables and Velcro, I think I got it now.

The integration into the system is just flawless. As you can see, it gives you access to tons of media - even on the front screen. I now have Amazon Music (which I could not get because I have an Android phone - that would have to wait until we finally get Android Auto later this year) and direct access to my home-server through Plex - just to name a few. Of course, there is Sling-TV, Amazon Video, various sports-Apps and everything else you can get on a Fire-Stick.

The remote is located below the armrest, right above my Alexa.

Honestly, the RES-system is already worth getting just because of the HDMI-input - no matter if there is somebody sitting in the second row or not.

Quick question, which amazon fire stick should I choose?
They have 2018 4k one, 2020 2nd edition or 2021 3rd edition.
Do I have to stick to 4K one? Thank you in advance!!
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2021, 06:23 AM   #79
Olkie
Rep
Drives: BMW XB7 Alpina

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by univ0298 View Post
Very nice! Thanks for sharing

Do you have three Gorlapro trunk organizers back there, one turned sideways?

How well do they fit? Happy with them?
Thanks!

LOL - in fact, I was able to get a total of 5 trunk organizers in there. All the way in the back, I have this one:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N142RPC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That one contains some stuff I'm just carrying with me just in case like some jackets, a sweater an emergency-kit and a tire-inflator. This one is always closed/covered. You can't see that one in the pictures but it's now all the way back on the driver's side of the trunk.

The other four are those:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JZHPHCF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The two on the left side/center in the trunk are full size, the ones on the passenger side are folded to half size to make them fit.

Love the fact that they are black with a white edge - a perfect color-match to the interior.

The way it is set up, they fit pretty well (you can see they juuust fit in the trunk). Nice thing is if I have to put something bulky in there like a 40-pack of bottled water, I can just fold additional ones and make just as much room as needed. With them set up as is, they can handle quite a few grocery-bags. Haven't tried it yet but will do so tomorrow. Oh, and underneath, there's a weathertech mat.
What a sweet setup and config. Love the coloring — enjoy! Just ordered one of the GorlaPros — thanks for sharing it looks great.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2021, 09:54 AM   #80
keg97
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 & X7

760- how does the X7 compare to the Q7? My wife has a '17 Prestige and it's getting time to upgrade- likely this Fall.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 08:36 PM   #81
760Lifan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg97 View Post
760- how does the X7 compare to the Q7? My wife has a '17 Prestige and it's getting time to upgrade- likely this Fall.
I had a '17 Prestige myself and the X7 is in a different league - especially the M50i. And when you are leasing, you are getting a far better bang for the buck. My Q7 was $88K and the X7 $123K. Yet, the BMW is only $150/month more.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 08:37 PM   #82
760Lifan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olkie View Post
What a sweet setup and config. Love the coloring — enjoy! Just ordered one of the GorlaPros — thanks for sharing it looks great.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 08:40 PM   #83
760Lifan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemagrp View Post
Quick question, which amazon fire stick should I choose?
They have 2018 4k one, 2020 2nd edition or 2021 3rd edition.
Do I have to stick to 4K one? Thank you in advance!!
If you are only using it in the vehicle, there is no need for 4k. Neither the screens itself could provide that resolution and even if they could, the vehicle hotspot could not provide such a high data-rate.

I believe I got the basic stick and set the resolution to 720. That keeps the data-flow stable.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 08:42 PM   #84
bemagrp
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 Alpina XB7/21 Alpina XB7

Quote:
If you are only using it in the vehicle, there is no need for 4k. Neither the screens itself could provide that resolution and even if they could, the vehicle hotspot could not provide such a high data-rate.

I believe I got the basic stick and set the resolution to 720. That keeps the data-flow stable.
Thank you!!!
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2021, 04:07 PM   #85
Olkie
Rep
Drives: BMW XB7 Alpina

Hey 760Lifan, really appreciate this message as I've used the same set up flawlessly.

Bringing this convo back to life because wondering:

> have you figured out any solution to the audio gaps? I'm having a similar problem (every time the audio cuts out on paw patrol, I have to parent for a legit 30 to 90 seconds, fml)

> has anyone been able to connect a Roku? I find it odd that it doesn't pick up the BMW Wifi (and others seem to also have the issue)

> What TV do you use? Does Sling let you use the TV wherever you are? Hulu giving me "new zip code / home" bs which is annoying.

Anyway, thanks again for posting your Firestick set up -- it's really wonderful!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 04:24 PM   #86
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

My audio gaps just seemed to go away for some reason. Weird.
Appreciate 2
Olkie42.00
MystroX56283.50
      04-26-2021, 09:44 AM   #87
760Lifan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olkie View Post
Hey 760Lifan, really appreciate this message as I've used the same set up flawlessly.

Bringing this convo back to life because wondering:

> have you figured out any solution to the audio gaps? I'm having a similar problem (every time the audio cuts out on paw patrol, I have to parent for a legit 30 to 90 seconds, fml)

> has anyone been able to connect a Roku? I find it odd that it doesn't pick up the BMW Wifi (and others seem to also have the issue)

> What TV do you use? Does Sling let you use the TV wherever you are? Hulu giving me "new zip code / home" bs which is annoying.

Anyway, thanks again for posting your Firestick set up -- it's really wonderful!
In regards to the audio-gaps, I'm not able to tell if they still exist because I previously used this set-up in order to listen to Amazon music. Now, since Android Auto is available, I'm using that which is flawless.

I'm using Sling and I have no location issues.
Appreciate 1
Olkie42.00
      04-26-2021, 11:30 AM   #88
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

This is the kind of on going info that keeps this forum at such a high level. Outstanding guys keeping this info going.
Appreciate 2
Wild Blue3682.50
Olkie42.00