BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Average Person 40 yard dash challenge!

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-09-2015, 09:07 PM   #45
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Flying Ace's Avatar
United_States
3861
Rep
10,519
Posts

Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
43 6'0 198
28 seconds
someone sign this kid up!
__________________
12 AW/Cinnamon X5 Diesel Urban Assault Vehicle
14 AW M6GC ZCP, MPE, e-wheel, vorsteiner spoiler
08 SSII E90 M3 (Sold!)
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 09:25 PM   #46
FL335
Banned
78
Rep
707
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Florida Beaches

iTrader: (0)

OMG I was laughing my ass off when I clicked on this thread...anyone, and I repeat anyone who claims under 4.5 is a joker. Like another guy said....NFL players in a competitive environment don't nearly run that.

Bo Jackson ran in the 4.1s...Deion Sanders 4.2s....no one here can sniff that...4.3s and 4.4...come on???
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 11:57 PM   #47
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
10570
Rep
22,952
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
someone sign this kid up!
I also require a helmet when I run.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 12:04 AM   #48
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Flying Ace's Avatar
United_States
3861
Rep
10,519
Posts

Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL335 View Post
OMG I was laughing my ass off when I clicked on this thread...anyone, and I repeat anyone who claims under 4.5 is a joker. Like another guy said....NFL players in a competitive environment don't nearly run that.

Bo Jackson ran in the 4.1s...Deion Sanders 4.2s....no one here can sniff that...4.3s and 4.4...come on???
Keywords.... Hand timed. It mean nothing. A person's reaction time can account for 1/2 second alone
__________________
12 AW/Cinnamon X5 Diesel Urban Assault Vehicle
14 AW M6GC ZCP, MPE, e-wheel, vorsteiner spoiler
08 SSII E90 M3 (Sold!)
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 12:06 AM   #49
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
10570
Rep
22,952
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Keywords.... Hand timed. It mean nothing. A person's reaction time can account for 1/2 second alone
Yes hand timed my car ran a 10.2 quarter at 97 mph.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 12:07 AM   #50
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Flying Ace's Avatar
United_States
3861
Rep
10,519
Posts

Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJT86 View Post
I just ran from here to the light post in 5 Mississippi's!!
Verbal Mississippis? Or Laser Mississippis?
__________________
12 AW/Cinnamon X5 Diesel Urban Assault Vehicle
14 AW M6GC ZCP, MPE, e-wheel, vorsteiner spoiler
08 SSII E90 M3 (Sold!)
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 12:13 AM   #51
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Flying Ace's Avatar
United_States
3861
Rep
10,519
Posts

Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA

iTrader: (5)

Just timed myself, pretty happy with the results.

Here's the set up:

32 years old, 5'10" 140 lb wet

1. Outdoors
2. Field turf
3. No wind, 63 degrees, 10% humidity
4. Four slices of carne asda quesedillas in tummy with full fixings (guacmole, sour cream, salsa, cheese - Monterey Jack I think)
5. Nike trainers
6. Work pants
7. Dress shirt, tie loosened, top button undone
8. Timing method: Laser Mississippis

4.34s

Yeah I'm pretty happy with it, also kicked a 20 yard field goal afterwards too. College hash, weak side, right footed.
__________________
12 AW/Cinnamon X5 Diesel Urban Assault Vehicle
14 AW M6GC ZCP, MPE, e-wheel, vorsteiner spoiler
08 SSII E90 M3 (Sold!)

Last edited by Flying Ace; 04-10-2015 at 12:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 12:22 AM   #52
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
10570
Rep
22,952
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

You wear Nike trainers with work clothes. Sounds more like 50 plus year old. 140 lbs you should have had more quesadillas.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 12:51 AM   #53
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Flying Ace's Avatar
United_States
3861
Rep
10,519
Posts

Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Yes hand timed my car ran a 10.2 quarter at 97 mph.
one of these numbers don't make sense. MrPrena 's 99 Avalon probably traps at 97 mph with back seats and hooker taken out. But no way that Avalon is trapping under 11s.
__________________
12 AW/Cinnamon X5 Diesel Urban Assault Vehicle
14 AW M6GC ZCP, MPE, e-wheel, vorsteiner spoiler
08 SSII E90 M3 (Sold!)
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 12:53 AM   #54
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
10570
Rep
22,952
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

My numbers could be off, hand timed and it's no avalon
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 04:57 PM   #55
MrPrena
Captain
MrPrena's Avatar
United_States
1520
Rep
800
Posts

Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: TB

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
one of these numbers don't make sense. MrPrena 's 99 Avalon probably traps at 97 mph with back seats and hooker taken out. But no way that Avalon is trapping under 11s.
Yes, 0-60 on Avalon will beat X5d for sure.
Yesterday, my wife hit something with Avalon. I am going to get adjustment for the car. It still runs. I hope it is not total loss.
__________________
Beware of Jeff Oliver the fraud at Highland Expedition Outfitters (aka HEO or HEOutfitters) located in Cosby TN.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 05:29 PM   #56
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Flying Ace's Avatar
United_States
3861
Rep
10,519
Posts

Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
Yes, 0-60 on Avalon will beat X5d for sure.
Yesterday, my wife hit something with Avalon. I am going to get adjustment for the car. It still runs. I hope it is not total loss.
pics
__________________
12 AW/Cinnamon X5 Diesel Urban Assault Vehicle
14 AW M6GC ZCP, MPE, e-wheel, vorsteiner spoiler
08 SSII E90 M3 (Sold!)
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 05:40 PM   #57
MrPrena
Captain
MrPrena's Avatar
United_States
1520
Rep
800
Posts

Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: TB

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
pics
Sorry for off topics. Maybe I should make a thread at OT forum
"Is my car total loss?"

I am seriously getting tired of car shopping, and buy a car every freaking year for an accident and/or mechanical failure from commuter car.

Going to progressive tonight to see if we can keep the car or not.
KBB value is at ~$2200-2500.

Since it is running well, I am planning to keep it and do some redneck bodywork.



__________________
Beware of Jeff Oliver the fraud at Highland Expedition Outfitters (aka HEO or HEOutfitters) located in Cosby TN.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 06:02 PM   #58
EJT86
Brigadier General
EJT86's Avatar
2100
Rep
3,529
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3 DCT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Just timed myself, pretty happy with the results.

Here's the set up:

32 years old, 5'10" 140 lb wet

1. Outdoors
2. Field turf
3. No wind, 63 degrees, 10% humidity
4. Four slices of carne asda quesedillas in tummy with full fixings (guacmole, sour cream, salsa, cheese - Monterey Jack I think)
5. Nike trainers
6. Work pants
7. Dress shirt, tie loosened, top button undone
8. Timing method: Laser Mississippis

4.34s

Yeah I'm pretty happy with it, also kicked a 20 yard field goal afterwards too. College hash, weak side, right footed.
Question is why we're you "wet"
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 06:46 PM   #59
FL335
Banned
78
Rep
707
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Florida Beaches

iTrader: (0)

Anyone on this forum who claims to run a 4.3 40 is fkn liar....that's it. end of thread. Again...pros and college prospects don't typically run that fast....stop it.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 10:18 PM   #60
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
10570
Rep
22,952
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
Yes, 0-60 on Avalon will beat X5d for sure.
Yesterday, my wife hit something with Avalon. I am going to get adjustment for the car. It still runs. I hope it is not total loss.
Doubt it I got jbd yo.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 11:41 PM   #61
Rain49king
Second Lieutenant
104
Rep
242
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Central florida

iTrader: (0)

4.3 forty time is totally believable op just forgot to mention he was running in his M3 while is buddy was sprinting in his tightly laced M4. They are both bad drivers and could not get traction or these times coulda been better. Lol at this tread Gronk and Jimmy Graham are in the 6'5 250lb range and uncoverable in the NFL and they can't run 4.5. OP hit me up I always wanted to be a sports agent I will get Sean Payton and Bill Bellichek on the phone tomorrow, me and you are gonna be rich!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 12:51 AM   #62
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Flying Ace's Avatar
United_States
3861
Rep
10,519
Posts

Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL335 View Post
Anyone on this forum who claims to run a 4.3 40 is fkn liar....that's it. end of thread. Again...pros and college prospects don't typically run that fast....stop it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Doubt it I got jbd yo.
yep, jb4 or jbd would do it. I also have jbd.
__________________
12 AW/Cinnamon X5 Diesel Urban Assault Vehicle
14 AW M6GC ZCP, MPE, e-wheel, vorsteiner spoiler
08 SSII E90 M3 (Sold!)
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 12:52 AM   #63
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Flying Ace's Avatar
United_States
3861
Rep
10,519
Posts

Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJT86 View Post
Question is why we're you "wet"
wet weight.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curb_weight
__________________
12 AW/Cinnamon X5 Diesel Urban Assault Vehicle
14 AW M6GC ZCP, MPE, e-wheel, vorsteiner spoiler
08 SSII E90 M3 (Sold!)
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 12:53 AM   #64
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Flying Ace's Avatar
United_States
3861
Rep
10,519
Posts

Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
Sorry for off topics. Maybe I should make a thread at OT forum
"Is my car total loss?"

I am seriously getting tired of car shopping, and buy a car every freaking year for an accident and/or mechanical failure from commuter car.

Going to progressive tonight to see if we can keep the car or not.
KBB value is at ~$2200-2500.

Since it is running well, I am planning to keep it and do some redneck bodywork.



that's not that bad...it's a beater after all.

and no you don't have to apologize for a OT in a thread that's already in OT.
__________________
12 AW/Cinnamon X5 Diesel Urban Assault Vehicle
14 AW M6GC ZCP, MPE, e-wheel, vorsteiner spoiler
08 SSII E90 M3 (Sold!)
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 02:22 AM   #65
MrPrena
Captain
MrPrena's Avatar
United_States
1520
Rep
800
Posts

Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: TB

iTrader: (0)

I haven't done 40yd dash, but my best 50m was mid 7sec during my peak.

I think my 40yd now is ....................................



Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
that's not that bad...it's a beater after all.

and no you don't have to apologize for a OT in a thread that's already in OT.
Good news. Got 3100check and keeping the car!!!
I checked KBB and edmunds , and it was lower.
Shopping for spare body parts online (side markers, grille) to do some redneck body work. Some bondos for the bumper.
__________________
Beware of Jeff Oliver the fraud at Highland Expedition Outfitters (aka HEO or HEOutfitters) located in Cosby TN.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 09:19 AM   #66
Dan Bilzerian
Major
Dan Bilzerian's Avatar
335
Rep
1,180
Posts

Drives: E90 325i 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Edmonds,WA

iTrader: (0)

Guy 1 (not me): Age 35 5'7" 177lbs ran 4.5
Guy 2 (me): Age 33 6'4" 248lbs ran 4.7

PS. I pulled my hamstring on a minor level [/QUOTE]


A 4.7 for 248lbs is pretty damn good! lol Video or didn't happen
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST