4DRS55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: GTF80,718GT4,TVG80,G05X5

m-sport vs non m-sport Headliner

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
From my observation it seems that m-sport comes with the black Alcantara headliner and non m-sport appears to be tan. Something that I noticed in videos and configuration that would have been a surprise to me and maybe concerning to others if they were expecting black Alcantara.

Last edited by 4DRS55; 02-15-2019 at 08:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 09:29 PM   #2
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

Based on the order guide, the m-sport package is also the only way to get Alcantara at all - and yes, the only Alcantara-color offered is Anthracite.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 10:12 PM   #3
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 760Lifan View Post
Based on the order guide, the m-sport package is also the only way to get Alcantara at all - and yes, the only Alcantara-color offered is Anthracite.
You also get the Blue Alcantara headliner when you order the Ivory White/Night Blue full merino leather interior.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 11:07 PM   #4
760Lifan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
You also get the Blue Alcantara headliner when you order the Ivory White/Night Blue full merino leather interior.
Hmm, I just checked the order guide and it seems that the full leather option you mentioned always comes with Alcantara and leather dash. However, it says that the Full Merino Leather adds option 776 to the order and that is indeed the Anthracite Alcantara so I'm starting to believe that the blue one is not an option in the U.S. for now.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 12:02 AM   #5
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 760Lifan View Post
Hmm, I just checked the order guide and it seems that the full leather option you mentioned always comes with Alcantara and leather dash. However, it says that the Full Merino Leather adds option 776 to the order and that is indeed the Anthracite Alcantara so I'm starting to believe that the blue one is not an option in the U.S. for now.
My Canadian X7 that just finished production with the Ivory White/Night Blue full merino interior definitely has the blue Alcantara headliner.

You might be right about US X7’s with the Ivory White/Night Blue full leather interior coming with the black Alcantara headliner.This one that was just delivered in Louisville has the Ivory White/Night Blue full merino leather interior with the black Alcantara headliner.Its very strange that they would spec it differently in the US than Canada.It looks way better with the blue headliner IMO.

https://www.louisvillebmw.com/search...CW2C57KLB43660

Just looked at the pictures they posted again and it does look like it has the blue Alcantara headliner in this pic.
Attached Images

Last edited by SW19; 02-16-2019 at 12:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 01:17 AM   #6
760Lifan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
My Canadian X7 that just finished production with the Ivory White/Night Blue full merino interior definitely has the blue Alcantara headliner.

You might be right about US X7’s with the Ivory White/Night Blue full leather interior coming with the black Alcantara headliner.This one that was just delivered in Louisville has the Ivory White/Night Blue full merino leather interior with the black Alcantara headliner.Its very strange that they would spec it differently in the US than Canada.It looks way better with the blue headliner IMO.

https://www.louisvillebmw.com/search...CW2C57KLB43660

Just looked at the pictures they posted again and it does look like it has the blue Alcantara headliner in this pic.
Yeah, that certainly looks blue to me...

I'm beginning to wonder if the order guide is wrong and that every model with the ivory/blue full leather comes with the blue headliner. I checked youtube and found another M that looks blue as well. It's sometimes hard to tell when they use a crappy resolution and bad light conditions. I guess we will see. The blue headliner certainly makes more sense with this leather.
Appreciate 0