BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Random X7 (G07) shot of the day... Add yours - let's make this an ongoing thread!

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-06-2020, 04:51 AM   #419
LittleJoe
Captain
LittleJoe's Avatar
United_States
302
Rep
659
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW X7 xDrive 50i
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Reading, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrichards View Post
Picked up my X7 M50i after we had the factory wheels powder coated. No clue why BMW doesn't offer this from the factory especially with the shadow line trim selected... but I think this makes them look much better.
Beautiful combination, congratulations! If you don't mind sharing, what did you pay for the powder coating and how look did they have your X7 to complete the work? I was quoted $600 and one week. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 06:04 AM   #420
Wild Blue
Lieutenant Colonel
Wild Blue's Avatar
United_States
603
Rep
1,635
Posts

Drives: 2004 BMW 330i w/ZHP Perf Pkg
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alaska

iTrader: (0)

Duuuuuude... those are some BBW's! (BIG black wheels)
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 07:50 AM   #421
Luminor513
Captain
202
Rep
636
Posts

Drives: 2020 G05 x drive 40i BSM/Blk M
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrichards View Post
Picked up my X7 M50i after we had the factory wheels powder coated. No clue why BMW doesn't offer this from the factory especially with the shadow line trim selected... but I think this makes them look much better.
Agreed no clue why they didn't which is why we ended up powder coating our factory wheels as well. Yours looks great especially with the contrast with the white.
__________________
2020 G05 x40i BSM/Blk Merino
2020 G07 x40i BSM/Blk Merino
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 10:25 AM   #422
jtrichards
New Member
jtrichards's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
24
Posts

Drives: 2020 X7 M50i
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Joplin, MO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrichards View Post
Picked up my X7 M50i after we had the factory wheels powder coated. No clue why BMW doesn't offer this from the factory especially with the shadow line trim selected... but I think this makes them look much better.
Beautiful combination, congratulations! If you don't mind sharing, what did you pay for the powder coating and how look did they have your X7 to complete the work? I was quoted $600 and one week. Thanks
I paid $800 and it took three days. They first told me $600-700 but the sales guys came back later with $800. I think he added on a commission for himself.😄
They also said I get a lifetime warranty on them. If they ever get anything done to them, just bring it back and they will fix it.
__________________
2020 BMW X7 M50i
2019 Range Rover Velar HSE 380
2016 Jaguar F-Type R-Dynamic
2016 Ford F-150 Platinum
Appreciate 1
LittleJoe302.00

      03-06-2020, 01:48 PM   #423
jmciver
Major
jmciver's Avatar
United_States
587
Rep
1,264
Posts

Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: DMV

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrichards View Post
I paid $800 and it took three days. They first told me $600-700 but the sales guys came back later with $800. I think he added on a commission for himself.😄
They also said I get a lifetime warranty on them. If they ever get anything done to them, just bring it back and they will fix it.
Out of curiosity, did you get the powder coating rolled into your loan/lease or did you pay out of pocket on the side?
__________________
///M3COMPETITION 6MT - 2017 F80 Smoked Topaz Metallic
MP-HAS / GC Camber Plates / Carbonstructure Interior / Blackline Tail Lights

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 02:00 PM   #424
jtrichards
New Member
jtrichards's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
24
Posts

Drives: 2020 X7 M50i
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Joplin, MO

iTrader: (0)

I paid out of pocket for it.
__________________
2020 BMW X7 M50i
2019 Range Rover Velar HSE 380
2016 Jaguar F-Type R-Dynamic
2016 Ford F-150 Platinum
Appreciate 1
jmciver587.00

      03-07-2020, 02:35 PM   #425
NYG1121
Enlisted Member
14
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW X7
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrichards View Post
I paid out of pocket for it.
Looks sweet. Is that gloss or satin? Seems somewhere in the middle in those pics. Debating how glossy to go with mine
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 03:45 PM   #426
jtrichards
New Member
jtrichards's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
24
Posts

Drives: 2020 X7 M50i
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Joplin, MO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG1121 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrichards View Post
I paid out of pocket for it.
Looks sweet. Is that gloss or satin? Seems somewhere in the middle in those pics. Debating how glossy to go with mine
It's glossy but it's not as glossy as I was expecting. Don't know how to explain that one... It is definitely not a satin finish. I'll try to take some closer pics when we get home and share.
__________________
2020 BMW X7 M50i
2019 Range Rover Velar HSE 380
2016 Jaguar F-Type R-Dynamic
2016 Ford F-150 Platinum
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 12:24 AM   #427
Wanderer73
Second Lieutenant
131
Rep
233
Posts

Drives: X7 M50i
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Picked up my M50i on Tuesday morning that I ordered. Carbon Black with extended shadow line. Absolutely in love with this car after driving it 500+ miles.
Attached Images
      
Appreciate 7
      03-11-2020, 09:11 AM   #428
FishOuttaWater
Private
United_States
37
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: '19 X7 40i MSport /'18 F-350
Join Date: May 2019
Location: NE Florida

iTrader: (0)

Wanderer 73, beautiful car! Congratulations. That should be fun on those mountain roads. Color combo looks great.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 01:34 PM   #429
Wanderer73
Second Lieutenant
131
Rep
233
Posts

Drives: X7 M50i
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishOuttaWater View Post
Wanderer 73, beautiful car! Congratulations. That should be fun on those mountain roads. Color combo looks great.
Thanks! I'm having a blast driving it back to CO. Trip up to the mountains next week. It should be a lot of fun. I love all the X7's I drove the last few months ... most of them 40i's. The M50i is unique. Cruising on I-70 ... perfect, civilized ride (very little noise), and then with a simple tap of the accelerator, the thing turns into a beast. Everything and everyone is quickly a distant smudge in the rearview mirror. I giggle every time.
Appreciate 1
LittleJoe302.00

      03-11-2020, 04:00 PM   #430
Wild Blue
Lieutenant Colonel
Wild Blue's Avatar
United_States
603
Rep
1,635
Posts

Drives: 2004 BMW 330i w/ZHP Perf Pkg
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alaska

iTrader: (0)

Congrats! Drive in good health.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 07:27 AM   #431
LittleJoe
Captain
LittleJoe's Avatar
United_States
302
Rep
659
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW X7 xDrive 50i
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Reading, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer73 View Post
Picked up my M50i on Tuesday morning
One lean, mean, driving machine!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 07:31 PM   #432
Jspeed29
Private
32
Rep
53
Posts

Drives: X7M50i, MDX
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Chicago,IL (NWburbs)

iTrader: (0)

My summer set with a fresh coat of black paint.
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 3
      03-14-2020, 12:53 PM   #433
Screwly
Private
17
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: BMW x7 Ford 250 superduty
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Never really had white vehicles but for some reason we have two now! So much easier to keep clean that's for sure!
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2020, 01:40 PM   #434
mitch57
First Lieutenant
116
Rep
390
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Pacific Northwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwly View Post
Never really had white vehicles but for some reason we have two now! So much easier to keep clean that's for sure!
I'd love to hear your view of the X7 compared to the Range Rover.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 04:00 PM   #435
jtrichards
New Member
jtrichards's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
24
Posts

Drives: 2020 X7 M50i
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Joplin, MO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwly View Post
Never really had white vehicles but for some reason we have two now! So much easier to keep clean that's for sure!
I'm a HUGE fan of white cars. In fact, we just bought our kids new SUVs and they are all white including my RR Velar and BMW X7... The only hold out was our son, and he got the Storm Bay Metallic BMW X1.
Attached Images
      
__________________
2020 BMW X7 M50i
2019 Range Rover Velar HSE 380
2016 Jaguar F-Type R-Dynamic
2016 Ford F-150 Platinum

Last edited by jtrichards; 03-14-2020 at 04:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 05:07 PM   #436
Wild Blue
Lieutenant Colonel
Wild Blue's Avatar
United_States
603
Rep
1,635
Posts

Drives: 2004 BMW 330i w/ZHP Perf Pkg
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alaska

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrichards View Post
In fact, we just bought our kids new SUVs
I think I want you as my new dad.
Appreciate 3
      03-14-2020, 07:44 PM   #437
Wanderer73
Second Lieutenant
131
Rep
233
Posts

Drives: X7 M50i
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrichards View Post
In fact, we just bought our kids new SUVs
I think I want you as my new dad.
That's what I was thinking! My dad bought me a Golf GTI back in the day and I thought I was a lucky fellow.
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2020, 09:11 PM   #438
Screwly
Private
17
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: BMW x7 Ford 250 superduty
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwly View Post
Never really had white vehicles but for some reason we have two now! So much easier to keep clean that's for sure!
I'd love to hear your view of the X7 compared to the Range Rover.
The 2020bmw x7 xdrive50i is the wife's and the 2019 Range Rover sport autobiography is mine. Sticker price on both are almost identical but obviously the x7 is larger. Quality of interior leather and build are both fantastic but the infotainment on the x7 is so much better. The range infotainment is glitchy and for a vehicle that price is unacceptable but I use CarPlay so I can deal with it for the most part. They both have smooth rides and both can kick it in high gear when you punch it. Doesn't make me miss my car when I'm driving the "family" car. I wish the Range Rover sport was just a tad bigger... Would have went with the full size range if it wasn't so damn expensive. Here's a side pic of the range
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 09:53 PM   #439
thenew3
Private First Class
United_States
50
Rep
165
Posts

Drives: 2016 X3 sDrive28i, 2020 X7
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Central coast CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer73 View Post
That's what I was thinking! My dad bought me a Golf GTI back in the day and I thought I was a lucky fellow.
I would've loved a GTI. I got a hand me down rusted out Buick Skylark from my dad. It had about 90hp and could probably reach 60mph if it got a tow from that GTI.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2020, 06:12 AM   #440
LittleJoe
Captain
LittleJoe's Avatar
United_States
302
Rep
659
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW X7 xDrive 50i
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Reading, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwly View Post
The 2020bmw x7 xdrive50i is the wife's and the 2019 Range Rover sport autobiography is mine. Sticker price on both are almost identical but obviously the x7 is larger. Quality of interior leather and build are both fantastic but the infotainment on the x7 is so much better. The range infotainment is glitchy and for a vehicle that price is unacceptable but I use CarPlay so I can deal with it for the most part. They both have smooth rides and both can kick it in high gear when you punch it. Doesn't make me miss my car when I'm driving the "family" car. I wish the Range Rover sport was just a tad bigger... Would have went with the full size range if it wasn't so damn expensive. Here's a side pic of the range
RR make some beautiful SUV's for sure. Your Sport Autobiography looks super in white.
Appreciate 1
Screwly17.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST