BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Controlling Rear Seat Entertainment From Front

10-12-2019, 04:38 PM   #1
Jthompson
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Escalade ESV, M4, Range Rover

Controlling Rear Seat Entertainment From Front

I've just recently had the time to figure this out so I thought I would share in case anyone else is having trouble.

First - if you want the front to have full control of the media on the rear screens without needing input from the rear, then the rear seat controls need to be set to limited for the rear seat occupants. To do this go to Car - Settings - General Settings - Rear Seat Entertainment. Select Operation Limited. Choosing this option will force the rear screen to automatically accept the changes that are made up front. If you leave this as rear-seat operation enabled the rear seat occupant will have to touch the screen to confirm and accept the media selected by the front.

To share media with the RSE simply go to the media and select share. Media - Desired Media (if it's a DVD it will be just below Screen Mirroring). Select the media. Slide to the right pop up menu. Scroll down to Share - select share and choose both screens or either left or right.

Doing this will also automatically turn the rear screen on when you select share so no need for the rear occupant to turn the screen on.
Appreciate 2
760Lifan450.50
Wild Blue3682.50