BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Not even a hurricane could stop my X7 from coming home!

08-20-2020, 07:32 AM   #45
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoodBMW View Post
mmmmmm.... how about that 718 Spyder.

Nice X7 as well man. Beauty.
I know right! Every time I go to chicago auto pros I always find myself looking around at all the vehicles they are working on. They get some pretty slick vehicles to beautify
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 07:46 AM   #46
Savoy2001
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC, 19 330I, 19 z06 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisternachyli View Post
Wow! Amazing X7. Beautiful interior and exterior. It does look big though (I thought the new X5 my parents bought recently was big lol), but I'm sure it moves pretty quick. I'm seeing more and more of these around; they must lease really well?
Well they are awesome for sure and drive great but lease well? lol not exactly but it is what it is I guess.

I just factory ordered one last week so I have a pretty good idea of where it will lease out. Ordered a 21 m50i mineral white with ivory white interior. It’s pretty loaded. Msrp 115950. I’m paying invoice price and it works out to be roughly ( I say roughly because this is August’s program And the car won’t be in until September so the lease program and rebates at that time will apply.) so 36 months 15k year with 6k out of pocket 1400 ish per month. Subject to change of course and I hope the program improves slightly.

For reference I’m on Long Island ny. Dealers have limited allocation for m50i’s. They are all really getting msrp fit these surround the island here. I’m actually on the car business so I got a decent deal on one though a friend of a friend who is the gm of a bmw dealer.

I can’t wait. Sorry to hijack the thread but someone asked about leases

OP. Beautiful car congrats. I love the color. 👍
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 07:54 AM   #47
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3JHWK View Post
Did the rears not come with tint built in from the factory?
It has a tint in the glass on the rear but it doesn't come close to the heat rejection ability of true tint. It's night and day difference with the XPEL Prime XR Plus I had to go lighter on the back glasses to balance out with the front side glass and also so as to not make night driving horrible.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 08:17 AM   #48
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Two random questions
1) why pick up so far away?
2) does or should the paint cure before work is done to it? Or does it leave the factory ready? (Thinking is body shops that tell you to wait after work).
Question 1 answer: That was due to Covid-19 issues and the exact reason people are referring to this as a "unicorn" build. Some great options were suddenly stripped from the 2021s and some people who were waiting on 2021s like myself, skyrider, huskerdoc etc. had to suddenly scramble to get 2020s to get a fully loaded build with things like RES, night vision, B&W(40i issue) etc. Due to BMW not giving any new allocations for months we had to find dealers that had existing allocations and switch them to what we wanted. I could have found 40i allocations at the time but there was only one M50i allocation in the entire northeast (Chicago to NY) and the dealer was absolutely not trading with my local dealers or any other dealers. I think other people on here also tried to pull the same allocation from the same dealer and gave up. I decided "If the mountain will not come to Muhammad, then Muhammad must go to the mountain" lol and although it was a roller coaster ride of a pickup I can still say it was worth it.

Question 2 answer: I think it only takes a day or two for paint to cure and by the time I got the car it was out of painting for way over a week. Plus I don't think they would stick those super sticky white protective films on it from the factory if they were truly worried about the paint.
Appreciate 1
doug_9992541.50
      08-20-2020, 08:19 AM   #49
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

LOVE that White interior!!! Looks so clean.
      08-20-2020, 08:26 AM   #50
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostriderf80 View Post
The rear seat entertainment looks pretty awesome.

How is that B&W system compared to Burmester?
I can say it was completely worth it to buy the B&W LED system and the fact that it plays sound is a definite plus

Ok ok ...the sound is pretty awesome and I have the HK system in another BMW so I am familiar with it. Everyone should be aware that speakers do need to be broken in so listening to an HK new and a B&W new would not be a great comparison as the materials in the B&W are stiffer and will take longer to break-in. For now I can definitely hear the difference between my broken in HK versus the brand new B&W. The B&W surpasses it for sure already but I know as the B&W gets broken-in it will sound even better.

No experience with the Burmester in the MB.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 08:36 AM   #51
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wow! Amazing X7. Beautiful interior and exterior. It does look big though (I thought the new X5 my parents bought recently was big lol), but I'm sure it moves pretty quick. I'm seeing more and more of these around; they must lease really well?
So it is big in size but it's not as big driving as you would think. It feels much smaller which is great. Definitely get the DHP with the integral steering if you are getting one. I made a u-turn with this thing and it even shocked me. I have driven smaller 3-row vehicles that I have had to back up to make a similar maneuver because I ran out of space.

Not sure on the leases , I keep my cars for 10yrs plus so I didn't do a lease.

Last edited by ComingInHot; 08-20-2020 at 08:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 08:49 AM   #52
Savoy2001
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingInHot View Post
So it is big in size but it's not as big driving as you would think. It feels much smaller which is great. Definitely get the DHP with the integral steering if you are getting one. I made a u-turn with this thing and it even shocked me. I have driven smaller 3-row vehicles that I have had to back up to make a similar maneuver because I ran out of space.

I can confirm the car drives and feels much smaller than it is especially with the 4 wheel steering which I am getting on mine. As far as lease read my post a few up to get an idea of where they are leasing right now. I also have the 4 wheel steering in my platinum trim ct6 which also makes a big difference in the size and feel of the car for the better.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 11:32 AM   #53
Hsiaowei511
Counting the Days!
Rep
Drives: BMW X7,Lexus GS 350

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsiaowei511 View Post
Looks amazing! Congratulations! What are you going to name her after all of that? ������
Haha ...I have no idea!! That's my present conundrum...I am testing my ideas out on my wife but so far not one thumbs up
I'm in the same boat! No idea. My husband and parents keep calling her Barney. I do not approve. :
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 01:23 PM   #54
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm in the same boat! No idea. My husband and parents keep calling her Barney. I do not approve. :
Barney??...is it Ametrin?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 01:53 PM   #55
Bumpinjeep
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.00]
Car looks great. But i think it does deserve some new wheels, something bigger.
      08-20-2020, 10:42 PM   #56
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M850GC Tanzanite Blue Metallic

Congrats, beautiful vehicle enjoy!

Your vehicle is loaded with every option, any reason why you ordered with the 21" wheels? I've seen this vehicle on the road with the 22" wheels, it looks completely different...

Quote:
Like so many others on here I was waiting for my ordered vehicle to arrive and I was going to post a quick picture or two when it did, but I thought my weird pickup experience warranted a bit more.

In a nutshell BMW lost the vehicle after it left the factory for over a week and no one knew where it was located . It showed that it was delivered to the dealership in BMW's system (as confirmed by multiple BMW geniuses and a supervisor), the transport company confirmed it was delivered to the dealership, and the dealership confirmed acceptance of the vehicle to the transport company… yet the vehicle wasn’t on the dealership’s lot. I found this out after 5 days of waiting (2 of those days I was in a hotel waiting to pickup the car that supposedly arrived 3 days before) when I randomly called LMR trucking with my VIN and figured out they were the transport company. When I initially questioned all three parties, they all pointed fingers at one of the other two or both. I convinced an awesome girl that worked at LMR that everyone was wrong and pleaded with her to look beyond the clearly botched paperwork so that we could find the vehicle. She thankfully called the truck driver directly to find out what was actually going on.

The truck driver confirmed that the vehicle was safely on his truck and that the truck broke down just after it left the factory . There was no way to switch out the load due to what broke in the truck so he had to just wait on parts to arrive. Hence, it was still in South Carolina one week after it “left” . Don't ask me why all the paperwork went through as if it was delivered that is a mystery I will never solve. The truck driver said his truck was being fixed that day (Monday) and he would do a straight drive starting Monday evening to get it to me the next day (Tuesday). Yayyyy!!!….then Hurricane Isaias made landfall that Monday night in the Carolinas!! I didn’t know if the vehicle was in the hurricane, ahead of the hurricane or behind it so needless to say I didn’t sleep well that Monday night. The next morning the hurricane had traveled up the coast and basically passed right over where I was staying so that was also an interesting experience to say the least

Day 3 of my hotel stay (Tuesday) and the vehicle still doesn’t arrive before COB as promised. I called for updates during the day but due to all the hurricane issues we could not get a hold of the driver for an ETA or to figure out if everything was OK. Pictures of an overturned semi with my car attached floated through my head . Now I am really concerned, and another night of wondering and speculation goes by .

Day 4, Wednesday, the hurricane had passed and the weather was perfectly beautiful. I finally got confirmation that the truck sheltered during the hurricane and the vehicle was fine and it was on its way for delivery finally. The awesome girl at the trucking company literally called me every hour to update me on the miles left for it to arrive. It finally did arrive that afternoon and I took delivery of it and just like the weather after the storm it has been beautiful so far.

to Skyrider and Bemagrp for your help along the way!

So the details of my X7 M50i...basically everything...but the details are below if you care to read it:
MSRP: $125,245
Exterior Color: C3Z (Tanzanite Blue II Metallic)
Interior Trim: ZBEW (Ivory White Full Merino Leather)
0ZCW COLD WEATHER PACKAGE
5-zone auto climate control
Front and Rear Heated Seats
Heated Front Seats Armrests / Steering Wheel
0ZDH DYNAMIC HANDLING PACKAGE
Active Comfort Drive with Preview
Integral Active Steering
0ZDY DRIVERS ASSISTANCE PRO PKG
Active Driving Assistant Pro
Extended Traffic Jam Assistant
0ZLS LUXURY SEATING PACKAGE
Front massaging seats
Front ventilated seats
0ZPX EXECUTIVE PACKAGE
Glass Controls
Heated and Cooled Cupholders
Panoramic Sky Lounge LED Roof
01CR Remote Engine Start
02VB Tire pressure monitor
0300 Space-saver spare
0319 Universal garage-door opener
0322 Comfort Access keyless entry
0323 Soft-close automatic doors
03AC Trailer Hitch - 7500 lb
03DZ Without Lines designation
03MC Roof rails in High-gloss
0417 Rear electric side window shades
0418 Luggage-compartment package
0420 Privacy glass
0456 Multi-contour seats
04KU Ash Grain Bronze Matte Wood Tr
04M5 Leather Dashboard
04NM Ambient Air Package
04U5 Second-Row Captain's Chair
05AP Decoding for no-dazzle high beam
05AZ Icon Adaptive LED w/Laser light
05DN Parking Assistant Plus
0610 Head-up Display
0655 SiriusXM Radio w/ 1 year sub.
06AK ConnectedDrive Services
06C4 Connected Package Pro
06CP Apple CarPlay Compatibility
06DR Drive Recorder
06F1 Bowers & Wilkins sound system
06FH Rear-seat entertainment
06NW Wireless Charging
06U8 Gesture Control
06UK Night Vision w/pedestrian detection
06WD WiFi Hotspot with comp 3 M
07M9 Extended Shadow line Trim
08KL Oil Change 10,000 miles/12 months
08TN Daytime driving lights
09AA Transport protection
0ZN1 Active Blind Spot Detection
0ZN3 Front Collision Warning with City Collision Mitigation
0ZN4 Lane Departure Warning
0ZTM Tier 2
0ZWH 21" Double-spoke 754M All Season Run Flat
0ZX2 Rear view camera
0ZX3 Surround View with 3D View
0ZX7 Park Distance Control

Now for the good stuff, the pictures, so this thread isn't worthless

The delivery picture. I had them only remove the white film on the hood since it was going straight to detailing etc. many miles away:
Attachment 2391807

The first sighting of the beast below the hood:
Attachment 2391809

On my way to the detailing shop. Sun was coming up and I had already done over 250 miles:
Attachment 2391818

First gas stop:
Attachment 2391819

After paint correction, tinting, PPF, and ceramic inside and out. XPEL Prime XR Plus tint, XPEL Ultimate Plus PPF, Modesta ceramic. Done at Chicago Auto Pros
Attachment 2391820
Attachment 2391821
Attachment 2391822
Attachment 2391823
Attachment 2391824
Attachment 2391825
Attachment 2391826
Attachment 2391827
Attachment 2391830

First outside photos. Sorry it was a very overcast day but you can see how the color moves from black to purplish to dark blue to sparkly blue:
Attachment 2391832
Attachment 2391833
Attachment 2391831

And finally a close up shot to see the true beauty of TB II, the fleck in the paint that is really hard to capture in photos but very easy to see in person:
Attachment 2391834

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 11:22 PM   #57
cisternachyli
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Acura TLX

Quote:

I'm totally not in the market for this vehicle, but yours looks very nice nonetheless! I'm torn between an M340i or an X3 M40i at the moment. I think most of the X7's I see must be the base models or the non M50i.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 05:35 AM   #58
Savoy2001
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moopai View Post

Your vehicle is loaded with every option, any reason why you ordered with the 21" wheels? I've seen this vehicle on the road with the 22" wheels, it looks completely different...
Well I can’t comment for the op but I would assume he lives in an area with winter weather inthe winter. I’m in the north east and that’s why I ordered mine with the 21’s. I would rather the 22’s but everything I’ve read suggests in any cold bad weather you’re all over the road. Defeats the purpose of the vehicle for my family if I would have went 22’s. The 22’s look better but I wouldn’t say it looks completely different that’s exaggerating a bit. Car still looks really good except now tot don’t have to worry about road conditions or buying a new set of wheels and tires for the seasons. I wasn’t doing that. That’s a hassle I wasn’t getting into not to mention the cost. Car I ordered is 115k. That’s enough money lol I’m good.
Appreciate 3
LittleJoe1064.00
Wild Blue3683.50
      08-21-2020, 07:54 AM   #59
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoy2001 View Post
Quote:

Well I can’t comment for the op but I would assume he lives in an area with winter weather inthe winter. I’m in the north east and that’s why I ordered mine with the 21’s. I would rather the 22’s but everything I’ve read suggests in any cold bad weather you’re all over the road. Defeats the purpose of the vehicle for my family if I would have went 22’s. The 22’s look better but I wouldn’t say it looks completely different that’s exaggerating a bit. Car still looks really good except now tot don’t have to worry about road conditions or buying a new set of wheels and tires for the seasons. I wasn’t doing that. That’s a hassle I wasn’t getting into not to mention the cost. Car I ordered is 115k. That’s enough money lol I’m good.
I agree. I haven't talked to the OP directly but I am pretty sure he got the 21 wheels due to the cold weather in his geographic location and he gets the spare tire too. Smart choice for cold climates.
Appreciate 1
      08-21-2020, 08:29 AM   #60
LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

The 22" M V-spoke cerium grey wheels are very nice looking on a M50i but with (Extended) Shadowline trim, the 21" Double-spoke bi-color orbit grey wheels look even better IMO. It's been beat to death on this forum but why BMW doesn't offer the 22" M V-spoke bi-color black wheels when Shadowline trim is selected is a head scratcher. I'm new to BMW and for the most part their marketing decisions make sense to me but this does not. They must not bother reading these forums or they would have made the black wheels optional for 2021 models.
Appreciate 2
MomoM3984.00
      08-22-2020, 01:18 PM   #61
Hsiaowei511
Counting the Days!
Rep
Drives: BMW X7,Lexus GS 350

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Barney??...is it Ametrin?
Yes it is!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      08-23-2020, 09:14 PM   #62
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Simple really...buying in the Midwest and going straight into fall/winter. I also like the look of the 21", I don't know why people knock them. To be honest I think they are the best looking of the 3 available rims on the M50i more so because the other two don't really work great with the shadow line.

In spring I'll pick up the 785M or maybe an aftermarket rim... at least with the 21" I have as much time as I need to figure that all out.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2020, 09:21 PM   #63
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm totally not in the market for this vehicle, but yours looks very nice nonetheless! I'm torn between an M340i or an X3 M40i at the moment. I think most of the X7's I see must be the base models or the non M50i.
Thanks! X3 M40i IMO

In another thread on here we were just discussing the topic of seeing other M50i's on the road. It's rare to see them and to see TBII in any trim level is rare as well. I'm sure one day I will pass my twin and I'll be like:
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2020, 09:32 PM   #64
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider View Post
I agree. I haven't talked to the OP directly but I am pretty sure he got the 21 wheels due to the cold weather in his geographic location and he gets the spare tire too. Smart choice for cold climates.
Savoy2001 and Skyrider are both correct. I wanted a nice future winter rim and the 21" fits the bill perfectly when the all seasons expire eventually.
Appreciate 1
      08-23-2020, 09:45 PM   #65
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes it is!
Hahaha I figured it was....I would embrace the name my kids love dinosaurs!
Appreciate 1
      08-24-2020, 07:38 AM   #66
Savoy2001
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Savoy2001 and Skyrider are both correct. I wanted a nice future winter rim and the 21" fits the bill perfectly when the all seasons expire eventually.
This was exactly my situation as well. I ordered mine with the 21’s for the same reasons. I’m on Long Island so we get wintery weather in winter. Those 22’s are no good for that unfortunately. The 21’s are a good compromise between performance and weather. Also ironically op is correct. I got the shadow line trim and it seems the 21’s do look better than the other two choices color match wise.
Appreciate 1