06-14-2023, 12:33 PM   #1
4nthony
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 xDrive50i

Garage List
Water leak in driver side footwell

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I took the 2019 X7 through the car wash this morning and noticed there was water leaking in the driver side footwell, to the right of the pedal.

This is the first time I've noticed this since new so I have no idea if it's new or has always been leaking. I haven't noticed any smells or mold on the carpet but I'm not interested in pulling things apart to look.

I'm due for service soon so I'll bring it up with the dealer, but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this.

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2023, 08:34 PM   #2
4nthony
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 xDrive50i

Garage List
Following up on my previous post in case anyone encounters this and wants more info.

I had a laundry list of items for them to look into -- front end transfer case vibration, faulty parking brake button, sun blinds getting stuck, software update -- and it took about 5 weeks for them to get everything done. Fortunately, our warranty covered all the repairs.

Here are the tech notes:

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2023, 09:15 PM   #3
sharp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i

I had rain water leaking into driver's foot well. Dealer said it was caused by the twisted sunroof water drain tube. It was fixed under warranty, but they haven't replaced any insulation that got soaked in water because "bmw doesn't pay for this work unless something starts growing there". Everything seems to be fine now, I don't have any mold, so hopefully everything will be okay going forward.
Appreciate 0