BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Things that annoy you at the gym

05-14-2019, 07:46 AM   #2377
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
First post here, I recently started working out again after a 5 year “break”. One of the reasons I stopped going to the gym was because of the gym culture, was tired of getting stared at my bro’s and constantly sized up, I think things have gotten worse in 5 years!. I ended up putting some equipment in my house with every intention of working out but lost motivation and interest. So here I am back at the gym! Things that annoy me include people who carry oversized gym bags on the floor and don’t seem to even have a towel to wipe off their sweat! Seriously WTF! People who mark their territories with protein shakers and towels so they can take up multiple pieces of equipment at once when it’s busy! Any excessive body sprays/perfumes, no one wants to be huffing that shit when they’re lifting.
Broseph’s grunting/staring/“ILS”walking lol, that’s a good one.

Things I do enjoy, Instagram chicks wearing yoga pants. Watching creepy old men blatantly staring at insta chicks as I descend into creepiness with them. Watching brotatoe dudes stare at each other and themselves in the mirrors as I laugh to myself and mock their fragile ego’s. Pretending I’m above it all! Lol...
Sam, gym culture has absolutely gotten worse. I can only take it in small doses which is why I have a garage gym. I do gym 2x a week and home workout out 3-4x a week. The insta hoes are good for motivation, unfortunately the retard gymbros out number them 10/1.
Appreciate 2
SAMM3Y3085.00
Rmtt8206.00
      05-14-2019, 09:55 AM   #2378
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

There was a guy working out at my gym yesterday wearing sunglasses... it was night time. Now typically I wouldn't presume douche bag and would give him the benefit of maybe an eye condition causing some light sensitivity. But after evaluating the rest of his outfit, his swagged out walk, oversized white beats headphones and the general Douchebag aura that surrounded him, I made a judgement and brandished him DB!
      05-14-2019, 12:09 PM   #2379
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
Sam, gym culture has absolutely gotten worse. I can only take it in small doses which is why I have a garage gym. I do gym 2x a week and home workout out 3-4x a week. The insta hoes are good for motivation, unfortunately the retard gymbros out number them 10/1.
Another reason why I go at 3:30 in the morning. Anyone who comes in at that time is typically there because they love the sport....and the last thing they are worried about are their appearance.
      05-14-2019, 10:26 PM   #2380
LuckiSevens
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 e93

Wasn't annoying but it was strange. I used to be a member of a Queens gym, there was a biker that would work out at the gym everyday in full denim with chains hanging off his jeans wearing boots and a bandana... true story, white guy with tats in his late 50's (220lbs 6ft), very friendly. Looked like sweaty work in the summer tho, wore the same outfit to the gym every time.
Appreciate 1
SAMM3Y3085.00
      05-15-2019, 04:46 AM   #2381
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
There was a guy working out at my gym yesterday wearing sunglasses... it was night time. Now typically I wouldn't presume douche bag and would give him the benefit of maybe an eye condition causing some light sensitivity. But after evaluating the rest of his outfit, his swagged out walk, oversized white beats headphones and the general Douchebag aura that surrounded him, I made a judgement and brandished him DB!
You clearly are educated enough to give the benefit of the doubt- but most don't & This is why despite my condition (I suffer from protanopia) and having my enchromas which look like uncool sunglasses- don't care to wear them in public unless sunny/outdoors.

Today's generation will be so quick to jump on me , record a video of me minding my own business working out so they can upload it to some gym fuckery site on social media and pass it off as "douchebag wearing sunglasses inside"

Reds an over rated shitty color anyways.
      05-15-2019, 11:00 AM   #2382
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Another reason why I go at 3:30 in the morning. Anyone who comes in at that time is typically there because they love the sport....and the last thing they are worried about are their appearance.
All the more power to you bro! I can barely get up at sunrise to go away on vacation! Lol. I am usually getting off shift at 330a. My ideal training time is about 1030-11a. Typically the gym-tards show up after 430-5p. The gym literally turns into a circus with ridiculousness and fuckery. I feel for all you legitiment Lifters who have no choice but to go at that time. Yikes
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
zx10guy5139.00
      05-15-2019, 11:34 AM   #2383
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Quote:
You clearly are educated enough to give the benefit of the doubt- but most don't & This is why despite my condition (I suffer from protanopia) and having my enchromas which look like uncool sunglasses- don't care to wear them in public unless sunny/outdoors.

Today's generation will be so quick to jump on me , record a video of me minding my own business working out so they can upload it to some gym fuckery site on social media and pass it off as "douchebag wearing sunglasses inside"

As long as you don't go dressed as dog the bounty hunter I think you'll be ok.
Plus anyone who takes pictures or videos of anyone at the gym or any other public place without their permission deserves a smack..
      05-15-2019, 01:57 PM   #2384
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
All the more power to you bro! I can barely get up at sunrise to go away on vacation! Lol. I am usually getting off shift at 330a. My ideal training time is about 1030-11a. Typically the gym-tards show up after 430-5p. The gym literally turns into a circus with ridiculousness and fuckery. I feel for all you legitiment Lifters who have no choice but to go at that time. Yikes
What I've noticed at the gyms I've been to is the circus typically begins around 3 or 4PM and lasts till about 8PM. I've been making it a habit to go around 8:30 to as late as 9 to 10PM. By then, the clowns have typically gone for the day and I don't usually have to fight/wait for any of the equipment.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
King Rudi13152.00
      05-15-2019, 02:41 PM   #2385
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Stuff like that pisses me off. I don't care if you have your phone in the gym as I have mine for music and tracking my workout.

But if I see you pointing your phone at me....there will be some words. Nothing bugs me more than someone who thinks they are in a position to judge someone else!
      05-15-2019, 03:25 PM   #2386
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Stuff like that pisses me off. I don't care if you have your phone in the gym as I have mine for music and tracking my workout.

But if I see you pointing your phone at me....there will be some words. Nothing bugs me more than someone who thinks they are in a position to judge someone else!
I also use my phone only for music when I'm in the gym. I see a few people videoing themselves doing a specific exercise. Not my thing but I get it. The ones I look down on are the ones who take selfies of themselves in the open gym area in front of the mirror. Some of these guys go as far as taking their shirt off so they're half naked; ignoring the gym rules about having minimum clothing. And some of these guys are in the locker room taking selfies of themselves in front of the mirrors there again ignoring the rule of absolutely no cell phone use in the locker room; for exactly the reasons you and Skulls have brought up.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      05-15-2019, 05:56 PM   #2387
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 335is | '16 Macan Turbo

Quote:
Plus anyone who takes pictures or videos of anyone at the gym or any other public place without their permission deserves a smack..
Even to mockingly film crazy chicks doing prancersize on the stair master?!?

(True story)

Edit: I'm just saying I'm a fan of the epic gym fail videos lol, those I find acceptable. I didn't video her otherwise I would have posted in LOL and you all would have been for sure
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete

Last edited by BSM n54iS; 05-15-2019 at 08:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 12:24 AM   #2388
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

There's some middle-aged dweeb who was hogging the incline bench and doing half reps for 20 minutes.

So basically, people who hog equipment and have zero clue what they're doing bug me.

And then you have the high schoolers...
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      05-16-2019, 11:01 AM   #2389
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
There's some middle-aged dweeb who was hogging the incline bench and doing half reps for 20 minutes.

So basically, people who hog equipment and have zero clue what they're doing bug me.

And then you have the high schoolers...
We have a few like that in my gym. What I don't understand is one of them is a guy I have known for years. He's won numerous open classes in drug tested bodybuilding shows, but in the last few years he went from doing full reps down to something that barely amounts to a 1/4 rep using weight that is too heavy for him to do full reps with.

But I have watched him shrink over the last few years and he's probably 30lbs lighter. Thing is that he is very experienced and knows better.

I shudder every time I see him as the way he does some of the movements, he is just asking for injury!
      05-16-2019, 12:18 PM   #2390
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
We have a few like that in my gym. What I don't understand is one of them is a guy I have known for years. He's won numerous open classes in drug tested bodybuilding shows, but in the last few years he went from doing full reps down to something that barely amounts to a 1/4 rep using weight that is too heavy for him to do full reps with.

But I have watched him shrink over the last few years and he's probably 30lbs lighter. Thing is that he is very experienced and knows better.

I shudder every time I see him as the way he does some of the movements, he is just asking for injury!
Poor guy it seems like a psychological thing.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      05-16-2019, 02:29 PM   #2391
Webby12
Rep
Drives: Red

Started to go to a new gym since I moved and have actually have not had any issues with any of the other members.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 06:08 PM   #2392
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webby12 View Post
Started to go to a new gym since I moved and have actually have not had any issues with any of the other members.
I'm annoyed...you're not annoyed.....
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 06:18 PM   #2393
xander_g
Major
Rep
Drives: G30 M550i

Garage List
Not being able to go to the gym as a result of a back injury...
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 06:54 PM   #2394
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

You can curl in the squat rack, calves, prone stuff for back, traps, delts, leg extensions, ankles, forearms, machine work, fingers, get after it
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 06:58 PM   #2395
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep

Just stretch for two hours a day... Goggins style
      05-16-2019, 07:32 PM   #2396
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
I'm annoyed at myself.

I have a huge gym crush. Like massive. Like it hurts to look at her because I can tell she's not one of those instahoes based on how she works out+dresses to the gym- and she's a fucking dork (I've creeped on her IG after she checked in to the gym and tagged herself in- shut up, all of us millennials + generation z have done it) it's beyond cute.

I saw her last night again, and like I just wish I had the balls to ask her out- except i don't want to be like every other dude and appear to be just looking to have sex. I don't even know her- and I get those butterflies you'd get in HS- and I'm hoping one day I'll stop being such a pussy and allow the word vomit to overcome me.

I'm annoyed that I'm such a pussy. And lord knows I will NOT message her on IG/ because that's just pathetic. I'd rather get rejected face to face than have her ignore my message.

Feel free to roast me now. /rant.
bRO YOUR such a pussy, lol she probably texting 4 other dudes than you...Go to sleep king

nah but srsly. everyone feels that way. you just got the balls to admit it and not live in this no feelings society.

i finally got balls to ask my gym crush for a date....replied "oh no" "oh no"

lol it was in a good way. she was i think 5 years older than me. married. and kids...she was cool tho. one of those girls who like fine af with little attention. I like/hate the girls who have a pound a makeup on and the tightest gym sharks....actually thats why I go to the gym

she used to ride horses....damn man I tell you from other experience there girls hip mobility is off the charts.

sometimes u gotta just do it tho bro. Worst case scenario u get rejected/friendzoned like me. but no shame in that.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      05-17-2019, 12:37 PM   #2397
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
bRO YOUR such a pussy, lol she probably texting 4 other dudes than you...Go to sleep king

nah but srsly. everyone feels that way. you just got the balls to admit it and not live in this no feelings society.

i finally got balls to ask my gym crush for a date....replied "oh no" "oh no"

lol it was in a good way. she was i think 5 years older than me. married. and kids...she was cool tho. one of those girls who like fine af with little attention. I like/hate the girls who have a pound a makeup on and the tightest gym sharks....actually thats why I go to the gym

she used to ride horses....damn man I tell you from other experience there girls hip mobility is off the charts.

sometimes u gotta just do it tho bro. Worst case scenario u get rejected/friendzoned like me. but no shame in that.
Oh heck....If MKsixer was in this thread, we would see a bunch of Prancersize videos being posted.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
King Rudi13152.00
      05-17-2019, 12:42 PM   #2398
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Went to the gym early today so I can get out the door and head out to the beach. Encountered a first. Some dude apparently can't put the damn phone down while working out. He was carrying a full blown conversation with someone on the other end for at least 30 minutes. That's the time when I noticed what was going on till when he finished his "workout". Who knows how much longer he was on the phone. If you're wondering how he was doing this, he had the earbuds with the mic built into the cord.

I just can't fathom a phone call so important he had to keep talking while working out. I also have to question if the dude even got any benefits from his "workout". From what I saw, he wasn't doing much. And finally, I wonder what the person on the other end was hearing. Sort of the situation when you walk into a public restroom and some dude is dropping the kids off at the pool and having a phone conversation.
Appreciate 0