BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Is this a good deal for a 2021 X7?

03-17-2024, 07:05 AM   #1
mraheemuddin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 M40i

Is this a good deal for a 2021 X7?

Hey all! Looking to buy a 2020 or 2021 X7. Can someone please let me know if this is a good deal and if there are any potential red flags to look out for? Thanks!!

https://www.fordhuntley.com/used/BMW...s.com_deeplink
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 08:09 AM   #2
keg97
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 & X7

It's a really highly optioned 40i in highly desired color combo that seems to have a few thousand miles of factory warranty.

I can't speak to the specific pricing but it doesn't jump out to me as outlandish.

Beyond a thorough examination of the interior/exterior, I'd check on tire condition and brakes as those are maintenance items that can easily add a few thousand onto a purchase price. I love the color combo but both the exterior and interior are going to need some tlc to keep them looking nice. I always worry whether a person leasing is really going to take care of it like it should.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 09:34 AM   #3
mraheemuddin
United_States
Rep

Thank you so much! If you look at the Carfax, it looks like it was maintained mostly at BMW dealerships. Also would I be able to purchase a BMW extended warranty before the factory warranty expires? It's definitely cheaper than purchasing from a non BMW dealership.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 11:45 AM   #4
BMW5and7
Major
Rep
Drives: X7; X5;S-Class;Tesla;Navigator

Negotiate 2K or so and I think it will be a very fair deal. The exterior color and trim combos are GORGEOUS.

Pay attention to the paint.. this color is known to carry crazy amount of swirl-marks if it has been taken regularly to cheap washing tunnels.

It has the massage seats and cooled/heated cup-holders, a well as the HK sound system, and those are the options that I refer to as a "must-have". The bench-seat in the back instead of captain is a huge plus.

If it has not been impacted by chip-shortages like rear steering delete or whatever (i.e.: make sure it has rear-wheel steering), which I guess it has as I can see the DHP package, go for it.

One concern that I have is that I can tell from Carfax that it has been moving from one car Auction to another for nearly half a year now, so I wonder what is the reason. Is it a smoker car that smells? I mean try to carefully look for any reasons that it has been seeing that many auctions instead of direct sale.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 11:49 AM   #5
dcoopdeville
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Cant hurt to counter offer for about 44k to 45k. Im bias because anything at that price should have a B&W IMHO (I negotiated a much lower price for mine). All cars are overpriced right now so asking for a lower price won't hurt.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 02:38 PM   #6
keg97
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 & X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoopdeville View Post
Cant hurt to counter offer for about 44k to 45k. Im bias because anything at that price should have a B&W IMHO (I negotiated a much lower price for mine). All cars are overpriced right now so asking for a lower price won't hurt.
I was a might bit surprised it didn't have the B&W system as well, but it could've been just a custom order in which that wasn't a priority.

OP- I'd check with your local BMW dealer about extending the warranty but typically you can extend it before the factory one runs out.

Are you close to this vehicle so you can check it out?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 11:10 PM   #7
mraheemuddin
United_States
Rep

Thanks everyone for their responses! Actually I've researched Huntley Ford and they have some pretty bad reviews. It's about an hour away from me. So should I go for the car based on the price and features or should I shop at a more reputable dealership with potentially higher prices?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 11:27 PM   #8
sharp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mraheemuddin View Post
Thanks everyone for their responses! Actually I've researched Huntley Ford and they have some pretty bad reviews. It's about an hour away from me. So should I go for the car based on the price and features or should I shop at a more reputable dealership with potentially higher prices?
My personal opinion is any dealership can screw you up. They just want to make a sale.
If you really like the car, make sure to take it to a reputable BMW shop for a pre-purchase inspection. LukeG BMW Workshop in Roselle is just 30 min drive from Huntley Ford. They're fantastic mechanics at very affordable prices.
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2024, 10:34 PM   #9
Mantvis
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 YMB M3

Don't waste time with Huntley Ford and their Nissan store
They have 4-6k of hidden fees
Appreciate 1
Jd19146.00
      03-24-2024, 01:12 PM   #10
Foxglove
BMW Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 xDrive50i

Garage List
2019 BMW X7 50i  [0.00]
Great options, but it's a better deal at 44k or closer thereto.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 06:51 PM   #11
Jd19
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 45e M-Sport

Garage List
2015 X5 xDrive3.5i  [9.67]
2023 X5 45e  [8.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantvis View Post
Don't waste time with Huntley Ford and their Nissan store
They have 4-6k of hidden fees
Agreed. Have seen their “low prices” before but after reading reviews of this dealer it is apparent they have absolutely ridiculous hidden fees and terrible customer service. I’d stay clear of this dealership.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 11:12 PM   #12
Mantvis
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 YMB M3

If you look at almost any car in Chicago land on CarGurus let's say Huntley Ford and Old Orchard Nissan will be among the one with the lowest prices. You will be very tempted, but that's how they will get you...
I belive they both are sister stores..

Just my personal opinion and experience with them.