E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > CRC Intake Valve Cleaner?

06-19-2014, 11:06 AM   #1
MikeE90NC
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

CRC Intake Valve Cleaner?

Anyone tried this stuff? Sprays directly into the intake past the MAF sensor, this stuff claims to remove up to 23% of carbon buildup in the first hour. Tried searching on here to see if anyones mentioned it but didnt see anything.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 11:34 AM   #2
vivanapoli806
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i Xdrive Msport

Nothing will get the carbon out except for walnut blasting. It's not that expensive. I paid $300 to get it done. Call around and look for Indy shops dealers are a rip off
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 01:28 PM   #3
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

We don't have a MAF sensor. If you want to get this stuff past the MAP sensor then you're going to have to remove the charge pipe.

Either way, given how long it took me to scrub the back of my valves @ ~55k miles, I doubt anything in an aerosol can is gonna be strong enough to get our valves clean without a lot of elbow grease.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 01:46 PM   #4
MikeE90NC
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
Either way, given how long it took me to scrub the back of my valves @ ~55k miles, I doubt anything in an aerosol can is gonna be strong enough to get our valves clean without a lot of elbow grease.
Kind of what I was thinking.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 02:04 PM   #5
Kristipela
kpela
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeE90NC View Post
Anyone tried this stuff? Sprays directly into the intake past the MAF sensor, this stuff claims to remove up to 23% of carbon buildup in the first hour. Tried searching on here to see if anyones mentioned it but didnt see anything.
my sponsor shop swears by it actually, but you have to do it a couple different times to get it to the point you want. Its a process. To each there own but I've seen it done and customers swear by it working
2008 335xi - LCI conversion - Satin Pearl White Wrap - Oss custom headlights - JB4 - (VRSF downpipes - Exhuast- Intercooler) - AA BOV - AFE Intake - Accuair E-Level Suspension - Forgestar F14 Super Deep Concave - Shop of Choice (ACI Dynamix)
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 07:30 PM   #6
C.Pop
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

I'd really need to see before and after pictures to think -even for a second- that any liquid you spray in is going to do anything other than amuse the carbon build up. It's typically very thick, goopy, and a general PITA to remove even with the intake manifold off (unless you're walnut blasting... then it comes out pretty easily).

Overall, as respectfully as I can muster up, I'd say there is very near 0% chance that stuff will remove your carbon. "To each their own" is probably better left for what sort of beer you like, not the efficacy of spraying an inferior product in the wrong spot and praying to the gods of fake engineering that it'll work. It might work if you sprayed it every day, from the day the car was made.

Eh. Walnut blast it and move on with life.
      06-19-2014, 08:07 PM   #7
Miller335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristipela View Post
my sponsor shop swears by it actually, but you have to do it a couple different times to get it to the point you want. Its a process. To each there own but I've seen it done and customers swear by it working
Not sure if someone else said this or not but any chemical strong enough clean out our carbon buildup with the method you described isn't worth putting through your TB, intake, engine, O2's, exhaust etc ,

That would have to be some serious shit right there.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 08:15 PM   #8
Kristipela
kpela
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

ill post before and after pics of it being done on mine in a couple weeks after i return from vacation, for those who needs pictures. Like I said I've seen it work. does it work to the point where walnut blasting does? Then no. But 0 percent working, i can stand by saying is false. But either way my pictures will show what I'm talking about, pointless convo otherwise.
2008 335xi - LCI conversion - Satin Pearl White Wrap - Oss custom headlights - JB4 - (VRSF downpipes - Exhuast- Intercooler) - AA BOV - AFE Intake - Accuair E-Level Suspension - Forgestar F14 Super Deep Concave - Shop of Choice (ACI Dynamix)
Appreciate 0