E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Any coders in the Midlands ?

06-22-2014, 07:11 AM   #1
BMWChap
Major
Rep
Drives: F32

Any coders in the Midlands ?

I've just fitted the Alpine Kit myself, feel well chuffed as I haven't done anything this for years, anyway, it sounds rubbish so I need my stereo coding to Hi-Fi.

Anyone available this weekend ?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 09:18 AM   #2
bungleaio
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Pug 208

I've tried replying to your PM but your inbox is full.

It shouldn't sound terrible, there should be a marked improvement over the base speakers. Have you got the cross overs the right way around?

On them there are two connectors the same, I can't remember which two they are but if you take a door card off try changing them around and see if it sounds better. BMW were labelling them up wrong in the factory, I would have thought they had sorted it by now but you never know.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 10:03 AM   #3
BMWChap
Major
Rep

Oops inbox has been cleared ..

I've checked my connections and must have been a dud connection , sounds better now.

I also amped up the left side and left the right side with the addition of a HiFi tweeter and the treble sounded significantly sharper , I actually prefer the sound of the treble before, if I code, it will flatten the treble more so to code or not to code that is the question ?

Phase 2: When I add my 12inch sub I will definitely need an Ms8 to bring the mids and treble up.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 11:40 AM   #4
BMWChap
Major
Rep

After reading loads of threads I think i'm NOT going to code my Stereo to Hi-fi and have the amp in Pos 2, rather than 1 as the manual suggests. Pos 1 appears to give a more compressed sound which I like.

I will only code it when I have my Ms8.
Appreciate 0