E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Whats your opinion on Bimmersport in Mississauga

06-24-2014, 07:41 PM   #1
rick100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328

Whats your opinion on Bimmersport in Mississauga

I've never been there and they are close to where I am. But I've called them 3 times and whoever I spoke too was not very helpful at all. I asked about the AA tune and he had not clue , he said someone else took care of that but he never really put me through or gave me much detail , like he did not even care.

Then I called them a different day and asked about the simon tool from Active autowerke and the person on the phone said he never heard of it and he never had anyone else asked him about the simon tool before , which is surprising since they are authorized dealers for AA. I also called them and ask them about using prestone engine coolant with the OEM stuff and the person on the phone said he never heard of prestone coolant which is odd since every shop should at least know the brand.

I sent them a couple of emails asking about 3 stage intake swap and the AA tune to which they never replied back.

I feel like their customer service really sucks and I m begging for them to work on my car. Maybe I m just talking to the wrong person .

On the other hand I called RMP and they were quick to reply and set an appointment , the guy even told me I should not worry too much about the engine coolant ( adding half a liter) but he can surely flush it if i wanted to , he knew what prestone was. He was also pretty cool talking about mods on the phone. I still haven't met those guys personally but what a difference from bimmersport

Anyone had any experience with bimmersport?? maybe I m just getting unlucky with them
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 07:52 PM   #2
pj.rodriguez
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 128i Cabrio

Garage List
I've also had the run around and they don't typically reply to emails or their online contact us section.

They do seem reputable though from what other people say. I've just had a lack of communication.
2008 128i E88 / Alpine White / Boston Leather Sport / 6AT / M3 Paddle Shifters / Bilstein B8 / H&R Springs / Dinan Fixed Camber Plates / BMW 335i Front Brakes / PIAA Xtreme White 4150K Angel Eyes / Rear Fogs Enabled / Cyba Air Scoops / Euro Airbox / BMW Performance Exhaust / Stubby BMW Antenna
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 09:26 PM   #3
Modded328FTW
Private First Class
Rep

You need to speak with Johnny for this stuff. He handles the AA stuff. Although you shouldn't be getting the run around like this. I had bimmersport flash my car with the AA tune. Positive experience for me and my friend.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 08:00 AM   #4
abhishriv
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe (Space grey)

I've been to both and.always had a much better experience at RMP. they did my suspension, brakes, and lsd install and Rocco was very knowledgeable. bimmersport I only went to get downpipes installed and intake valves cleaned. the downpipe install was fine but they left cleaner all over my windshield. my experience at bimmersport wasn't the worst but for some reason I've never wanted to go back there.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 08:16 AM   #5
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

bimmersport ... the place is a joke (when compared to place like RMP) Been there only once and never again.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 09:52 AM   #6
Bimmer.335i.
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW335i  [0.00]
overrated in my opinion
      06-25-2014, 10:06 AM   #7
Ibi
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E93

Garage List
2009 128i  [0.00]
Bimmersport - i called to book an appt for oil change few months back. not sure why it costs $150 +tax- maybe they put gold flakes in the oil?

RMP - simply the best. great service, great people, great price.

Prestone - i've been using it for a while. it works.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 12:53 PM   #8
rick100
Colonel
Rep

glad to hear Im not crazy. Too bad because word goes around and they loose customer.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 05:31 PM   #9
Jon@Bimmersport Automotive
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 Active Supercharged

Garage List
2003.5 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick100 View Post
I've never been there and they are close to where I am. But I've called them 3 times and whoever I spoke too was not very helpful at all. I asked about the AA tune and he had not clue , he said someone else took care of that but he never really put me through or gave me much detail , like he did not even care.

Then I called them a different day and asked about the simon tool from Active autowerke and the person on the phone said he never heard of it and he never had anyone else asked him about the simon tool before , which is surprising since they are authorized dealers for AA. I also called them and ask them about using prestone engine coolant with the OEM stuff and the person on the phone said he never heard of prestone coolant which is odd since every shop should at least know the brand.

I sent them a couple of emails asking about 3 stage intake swap and the AA tune to which they never replied back.

I feel like their customer service really sucks and I m begging for them to work on my car. Maybe I m just talking to the wrong person .

On the other hand I called RMP and they were quick to reply and set an appointment , the guy even told me I should not worry too much about the engine coolant ( adding half a liter) but he can surely flush it if i wanted to , he knew what prestone was. He was also pretty cool talking about mods on the phone. I still haven't met those guys personally but what a difference from bimmersport

Anyone had any experience with bimmersport?? maybe I m just getting unlucky with them
Rick,

I am sorry about your experience but I only have a PM from you sent on the 21st?. I do not work saturdays, and most importantly you can note I am not a forum sponsor here. I do not work through PM either, nor on any other forum. I am on more than 1 and it is too much to manage for handling customers.

I did not speak to you on the phone, and ALL calls regarding performance are directed to me unless you called during May 18th-June 1st as I was on vacation, even then all performance tune and especially AA questions were put off until I returned unless the customer was extremely adamant on getting information, then would you blame an inexperienced staff member for answering? If I was unavailable, I do apologize but there is only so much time in a day to get through all the work I have to do. You have to understand being 8hrs in a shop, I have a personal life and do not go through all my PM's for quotes after work or on weekends - matter of fact I do not even go on here on my personal time! Maybe the other vendor's dedicated online sales reps do that but not the guy who does the work for you. I have never turned a cold shoulder to any customer, not given them my time of day even when I am busy. If I cannot be reached simply leave your number for a call back.

The simon tool is not promoted for local sale by us and is acknowledged by AA, although we clearly know what it is. Why would I sell it to anyone when we have a flashing station and your car is out of warranty...on top of it we offer the first revision from AA for free?

I'd also like to know your email as I just did an inbox search and did not find anything. We have been having problems lately with the contact us page where it goes to spam - I do apologize for that but has been rectified.

Ibi,

Our oil changes are not $150. I do not see at anytime where that is stated or have even quoted it. Our price is $113 plus tax. Clearly there is some misunderstanding here as we do not overcharge, hell I even inform customers of dealer packages that beat us and they have 2 year warranty - I turn business TO THE DEALER because it is CHEAPER for the customer and longer warranty. So I do not see the connection for us and a high priced oil change.

There is only 2 people that quote, me and moe. If you have a problem with something ask for the staff members name and confront me about it, I do not have a problem with dealing with an issue face to face or like a mature adult over the phone - I respect that a lot and will go out of my way to right a wrong for you.

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport Automotive; 06-25-2014 at 05:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 05:59 PM   #10
rick100
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@Bimmersport Automotive View Post
Rick,

I am sorry about your experience but I only have a PM from you sent on the 21st?. I do not work saturdays, and most importantly you can note I am not a forum sponsor here. I do not work through PM either, nor on any other forum. I am on more than 1 and it is too much to manage for handling customers.

I did not speak to you on the phone, and ALL calls regarding performance are directed to me unless you called during May 18th-June 1st as I was on vacation, even then all performance tune and especially AA questions were put off until I returned unless the customer was extremely adamant on getting information, then would you blame an inexperienced staff member for answering? If I was unavailable, I do apologize but there is only so much time in a day to get through all the work I have to do. You have to understand being 8hrs in a shop, I have a personal life and do not go through all my PM's for quotes. Maybe the other vendor's dedicated online sales reps do that but not the guy who does the work for you. I have never turned a cold shoulder to any customer, not given them my time of day even when I am busy.

The simon tool is not promoted for local sale by us and is acknowledged by AA, although we clearly know what it is. Why would I sell it to anyone when we have a flashing station and your car is out of warranty...on top of it we offer the first revision from AA for free?

I'd also like to know your email as I just did an inbox search and did not find anything. We have been having problems lately with the contact us page where it goes to spam - I do apologize for that but has been rectified.

I am glad you got your appointment with Rocco, all the other guys on M3post I guess had worse luck than you as I was handling their cars. Not that it matters to me in the slightest but I just find it odd how you got the appointment but no one else can on other forums for weeks as he's having a kid (congrats Rocco).

Ibi,

Our oil changes are not $150. I do not see at anytime where that is stated or have even quoted it. Our price is $113 plus tax. Clearly there is some misunderstanding here?

There is only 2 people that quote, me and moe. If you have a problem with something ask for the staff members name and confront me about it, I do not have a problem with dealing with an issue face to face or like a mature adult over the phone - I respect that a lot and will go out of my way to right a wrong for you.
glad you responded. The guy I spoke to on the phone was Moe , I couldn't remember his name but now that you mentioned it , it was him. I understand when someone does not know much about something , I've been there before where I work but I always try to find an answer or direct mu customer to someone who may know the answer , I ll even go as far as taking their phone number and offering a call back. But it really bothers me that someone that does not know what I'm asking treats you like you are stupid for asking such a question. All I wanted was for the person to direct me to someone who knows or at least take down my number or email address. That is one of the reasons I tried to call different days and times but I always seemed to get the same person on the line.

As per the simon tool , the only reason I want the tool is because my car is under warranty and it would be easier for me to removed the tune and put it back if I ever have to do it. I emailed you guys a while back asking for this and I never got a response. ( you can look up ricardogc...) . I understand you guys do not promote the tool but I also do not want to pay 500 plus every time I want to remove the tune and put it back, specially if my car is under warranty) not that I would be doing this often but it would be nice to have that option). I m not sure how you guys deal with customers that are under warranty but it would've been nice to get a response

Again I m glad you responded and I've try two different methods to get in contact with you , email and phone and both failed. Unfortunately it is hard for me to approach the shop as I work till 6 and you guys are not open on saturday.
I'm still interested in the AA tune so maybe I should call you directly and ask to speak to you . I m tired of getting the run around. I m very patient and I understand you are busy , but I do not think offering a call back and taking down a customer number is too much to ask for, specially when you do not know much about a topic.

Again , I m glad you responded and next time I ll call I ll ask to speak to you directly

Last edited by rick100; 06-25-2014 at 08:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 07:56 PM   #11
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Bimmpersport is a great shop. They do all my service work on my car, and do most of my customer downpipe and FMIC installs.

Always talk to Jon, though....

Mike
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 08:23 PM   #12
rick100
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
Bimmpersport is a great shop. They do all my service work on my car, and do most of my customer downpipe and FMIC installs.

Always talk to Jon, though....

Mike
yea it looks that way.

Just for the record I did not open this thread to bash bimmersport as I have never been there before. And I actually hold for quite some time to see if I was able to get a response , unfortunately it looks like I was talking to the wrong person. I ll deal with Jon from now on as Im looking forward to get the AA tune
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 07:24 AM   #13
Banned
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2003.5 BMW M3  [10.00]
Rick,

I understand where you are comming from and I agree. I will bring this issue up and resolve it immediately. I will be checking my PMs later today, please PM me your phone number and I will give you a call.

I am deeply sorry for your frustration, I truly am.

For the record anyone considering the Simon tool. Do you have a constant 12v battery charger? If not, you need one with this tool as you should ALWAYS have a 12v contsant source to maintain batt voltage. The electrical systems in this car is so fragile, also remember to pull the hood switch to prevent the vehicle from going to sleep mode- MOST important during writing of ECU. Ive read so many instruction manuals and sales pitches and no one makes this very clear. Secondly, we will not charge for the tune everytime. Simply a $98 reverting fee each way, as our Active Programmer takes 45min to read an 45min to write each file. I offer all our clients 1 free reload incase the dealer flashes the car for update, HOWEVER - I will offer to update your ECU for a $98 service fee via our autologic to ensure your file wont be overwritten in any case.

Mike,

Thanks for the props...always a pleasure.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 09:07 AM   #14
e90mbition
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46, E90

Quote:
Rick,

I understand where you are comming from and I agree. I will bring this issue up and resolve it immediately. I will be checking my PMs later today, please PM me your phone number and I will give you a call.

I am deeply sorry for your frustration, I truly am.

For the record anyone considering the Simon tool. Do you have a constant 12v battery charger? If not, you need one with this tool as you should ALWAYS have a 12v contsant source to maintain batt voltage. The electrical systems in this car is so fragile, also remember to pull the hood switch to prevent the vehicle from going to sleep mode- MOST important during writing of ECU. Ive read so many instruction manuals and sales pitches and no one makes this very clear. Secondly, we will not charge for the tune everytime. Simply a $98 reverting fee each way, as our Active Programmer takes 45min to read an 45min to write each file. I offer all our clients 1 free reload incase the dealer flashes the car for update, HOWEVER - I will offer to update your ECU for a $98 service fee via our autologic to ensure your file wont be overwritten in any case.

Mike,

Thanks for the props...always a pleasure.
Jon, what is the price for AA tune for N52?

Can we do a group buy for the local guys plz, don't wanna ship ECU out to AA down in Miami
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 10:40 AM   #15
rick100
Colonel
Rep

Finally spoke to Jon. I got all the info I need it and he was great to talk to on the phone. He explained all the options I had for modding my car and what to expect. Pleasure talking to Jon , and I ll be doing the tune next week. It sure helps talking to the right person
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 05:48 PM   #16
n52330i
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330i

I wouldn't let Bimmersport touch my car if last shop around. Poor service bad work.

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139715

Enough for me.

My friend got screwed also by Charlie, Jon and Moe. 3 stooges
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 02:06 PM   #17
Banned
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2003.5 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by n52330i View Post
I wouldn't let Bimmersport touch my car if last shop around. Poor service bad work.

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139715

Enough for me.

My friend got screwed also by Charlie, Jon and Moe. 3 stooges
Moe? Jon? I'm sorry. The only thing I had to do with Kevin is that I stored his engine and drivetrain at my house because he couldn't keep it anywhere for a few months. I also helped him pick it up, this is all done on personal time as a friend BTW.

I have nothing to hide, do not bring me personally into this when I was only a technician when Kevin did his work here and I didnt work on the car at all. I did not have any business dealings with Kevin until he claimed oil starvation due to a loose oil cooler that caused him to drive with the red oil light on. Regardless who drives with an oil light on for a few blocks? If you drive with the gas light on and you run out - whos fault is that? Secondly if you read the thread, his mechanic never helped him out in any explanation (I wonder why?). Probably because Kevin did not get the detailed info, didn't understand it - or simply was misguided in what happened.

If you really want to know the story what happenned - ask the technician who installed it, and he is the same person that inspected the engine after it left ***....and surely enough there was a huge surprise no one posted (again, I wonder why).

I wasn't manager of this shop at the time of that post but nothing I was explained from Kevin or his mechanic made any sense - in fact the call to his mechanic wasted hours of my time. Also note after the post clarifying what happens with oil loss the technical discussion just died....I discussed many options with Kevin, and the end of that story is exactly how you see the end of that thread It did not escalate legally in any way as claimed, so who are you to be the judge of anything?

Also, Moe was not employed here during that time so why are you bringing him into this?

I hope to see you at a meet. Discrediting people personally is a bad mistake my friend and your attempt is really lame. Since then our business has new employees and new management, which is me - Charlie is the owner however customer relations is all through me for the past few years now.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 02:10 PM   #18
11SEC
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

The only issue I have with bimmersport is their pricing is higher than everyone else.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 04:45 PM   #19
e90mbition
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46, E90

Jon, can you PM me price for AA tune for N52 plz
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 05:55 PM   #20
n52330i
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330i

Quote:

I hope to see you at a meet. Discrediting people personally is a bad mistake my friend and your attempt is really lame. Since then our business has new employees and new management, which is me - Charlie is the owner however customer relations is all through me for the past few years now.
It does not look like it has gotten any better now, considering all over the net people still post bad reviews.

I really do not care to meet you again(we already have). Many of my friends used to go to you.
Your shop may have been good but now overprice for bad service.
https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q=bimmersport&lrd=lrd More excellent reviews on google..

Keep it up! Should just keep your keyboard quiet......
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 01:03 PM   #21
Banned
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2003.5 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by n52330i View Post
It does not look like it has gotten any better now, considering all over the net people still post bad reviews.

I really do not care to meet you again(we already have). Many of my friends used to go to you.
Your shop may have been good but now overprice for bad service.
https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q=bimmersport&lrd=lrd More excellent reviews on google..

Keep it up! Should just keep your keyboard quiet......
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 01:32 PM   #22
KCX_335xi
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 | 2013 e70 X5

I've had good experience with them, especially with Jon...
Appreciate 0