E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > JB4 Option 1/7 - Does it reset fuel adaptations too?

06-28-2014, 09:36 AM   #1
410BN
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Question JB4 Option 1/7 - Does it reset fuel adaptations too?

The official JB4 information thread over on N54Tech says that option 1/7 resets octane, throttle, and o2 sensor adaptations. Does anybody know if this will also reset the long term fuel adaptations?

I'm installing a new low pressure fuel sensor and from what I've read, I need to reset the long term fuel adaptations afterwards. I'd rather not lock my BT cable to my VIN to reset these if I don't need to.

If I do need to use the BT tool, do I just reset adaptations under Engine -> commands-> send?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 12:51 PM   #2
ksalih
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 410BN View Post
The official JB4 information thread over on N54Tech says that option 1/7 resets octane, throttle, and o2 sensor adaptations. Does anybody know if this will also reset the long term fuel adaptations?

I'm installing a new low pressure fuel sensor and from what I've read, I need to reset the long term fuel adaptations afterwards. I'd rather not lock my BT cable to my VIN to reset these if I don't need to.

If I do need to use the BT tool, do I just reset adaptations under Engine -> commands-> send?

Thanks!
Good question. I'd like to know as well.
Appreciate 0