E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Question for Bmw 335i BMS DCI installation

06-28-2014, 05:06 PM   #1
Leesin
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

Question for Bmw 335i BMS DCI installation

Lmk if this is posted in the wrong place, as I am new here . I just installed the N54 Dual Cone intake for my 2009 335i (took like an hour because I am a noob ). I drove it around and am quite satisfied with the product. I am however a bit concerned regarding the installation and wanted to ask if I installed it correctly. The rear hose (to which the rear cone connects) on my car is so far back that there was no space at all for the cone to sit (to the point where I almost had given up and thought the product was faulty), but after some wrestling I managed to tuck the 3 cables (battery cables?) to the side and pulled up the rear hose (pointed 30 degrees upward) to free up some space and jammed the rear cone in there and tightened everything. But I was just wondering if this is safe for my car, that the cables are like pulled around the rear hose and the hose is pointed upward a bit. The pictures inside the BMS installation guide showed there to be much more space in the engine for the cones to sit than my car.
Overall though I am glad I bought this intake and am pretty pleased with it, but just wanted to check up and make sure the way I installed it is safe.
Also the intakes touch each other, is that normal?
On a different note, I saw somewhere online someone mentioning "oiling" the intake before installation. What do they mean by this? I just installed my DCI straight out of the box.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 05:34 PM   #2
e92_enthusiast_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 AW/CR e92 6mt 335i

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I thought the wire harness was in the way too but everything fit back on perfectly when I was done. Cowl and harness. The cones do touch but I did some Google n54 DCI image searches and it pretty much looks the same. I didn't oil mine either. It looked a bit saturated already IMO. Don't wanna over do it with the oil. Side note, it must be fine cause I did this in preparation for a tune/dyno and the n54 handled it like a champ w/o any codes or misfires out the box.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 06:45 PM   #3
Leesin
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

Hey thanks for the reply! I just posted links to the images I took of my engine.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com
(in this pic, notice the hose is pointed up a bit)
View post on imgur.com
(in this pic, notice the wires are being pulled)

(this is my first time installing an intake so sorry if I'm a bit paranoid)
Appreciate 0