E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Need Help - 2C32 and 2C6C

06-29-2014, 07:29 PM   #1
AMERICUS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 335i, 04 330 ZHP

Need Help - 2C32 and 2C6C

So my car has not been running right and when I went to datalog it, it appears to confirm the issue.

Car: 2009 335i, FBO + AE Exhaust running procede rev 3 with backend fuel flash.

So I have the two error codes listed in the subject. I also have the misfire and voltage supply error, but searched and found that is 2-step and NLS. I turned off the procede, map 0, as well as reload default maps and the problem persists. Guessing it is a sensor. Below is the log, but AFR's and fuel trims are not matching as well as I am dropping a lot of timing, which I am guessing is the engine protecting itself. Given the 2C32 is a trimming error and the other is a system check, the logs at least confirm this.

I have also noticed on occasion (rare, only if I leave my car on and still only occasionally) white smoke coming from the passenger exhaust. Anyone provide some feedback?

http://datazap.me/u/am3ricus/lamda-sensor

EDIT: I also have random stumbles / stuttering when accelerating at partial throttle around town as well.

Last edited by AMERICUS; 06-29-2014 at 08:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 07:50 PM   #2
BuellsterR1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

I'm running into an identical problem. If you look at my initial log, it's almost identical to yours. Follow it here.....

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1002110

I may be onto something currently and will keep it posted.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 08:09 PM   #3
AMERICUS
Private First Class
Rep

No issues with the rear sensor though? I was suspecting a failed O2 sensor, but because the one bank went and, what appears to be, both sensors I am nervous it is something further upstream. Hopefully we will hear some feedback.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 08:32 PM   #4
AMERICUS
Private First Class
Rep

Solved! I ordered the front and rear o2 sensors, universal rear / splice option. I installed the front and drove for about three days. The car did studder for a those three days but it felt like it was towing an anchor. Finally it was hesitating a lot, but no codes. I just changed the rear o2 tonight and runs like a top. I need to put the e85 map back on as I switched to the original. So happy to be back running smooth! Thanks Buellster, your research was perfect!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 01:44 AM   #5
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

I have the exact same problem. I replaced the front sensors when getting RBs and still have the same issue. Whether I run Procede or Cobb I get the same problem. It's gotten to the point where sometimes bank 2 runs dangerously lean as the fuel trims are pegged at 0. I've now ordered rear O2 sensors so hopefully that will fix the issue. I'm glad to hear it fixed yours.

I've also been advised to try and reset the LTFT adaptations via INPA as the Procede only resets STFT adaptations.
      07-18-2014, 05:57 PM   #6
AMERICUS
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by froop View Post
I have the exact same problem. I replaced the front sensors when getting RBs and still have the same issue. Whether I run Procede or Cobb I get the same problem. It's gotten to the point where sometimes bank 2 runs dangerously lean as the fuel trims are pegged at 0. I've now ordered rear O2 sensors so hopefully that will fix the issue. I'm glad to hear it fixed yours.

I've also been advised to try and reset the LTFT adaptations via INPA as the Procede only resets STFT adaptations.
I just reset with procede but that appeared to work. Honestly I don't think the o2 sensor was bad as much as it was so filthy and built up with carbon. That bank 2 rear was a pain. I had to remove the bracket, bank 1 o2 and then dipped the downpipe. My offset tool could get to the o2 because it was too thick and interfering with the other downpipe. As much of a "pain" as it was it didn't take very long.
Appreciate 0