F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Fuel Gauge/Sensor Issue
proTUNING Freaks

06-29-2014, 09:27 PM   #1
fricfracfrank
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Fuel Gauge/Sensor Issue

Yesterday while driving on the highway a round object (bowling ball, boulder, I don't know) came rolling out of nowhere on the freeway hit the center portion of the front bumper and continued under the car as I went over it. It was unavoidable because 1 it was seen too late and 2. there was no swerve space on either side.

Now, I have been experiencing the limp mode issue intermittently. However last night after I got back into the car and filled up the tank with gas, the gauge was falling drastically along with the digital read out. I checked the tank from underneath and the tank is not ruptured. My thoughts are the fuel sensor. Is there anything located in the front under the heat shield blanked between the front axle that may have been damaged?

Even if the gas tank is full with fuel, if the gauge/read out hits zero will the car just stall?

I'll be contacting my dealership tomorrow to schedule an appointment. In the mean time any thoughts?
Appreciate 0