F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > HELP?? Anyone running 265/30 on 10.5" wheel?
proTUNING Freaks

07-19-2014, 11:50 AM   #1
Dippydo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 Comp

Garage List
2012 BMW  [1.00]
HELP?? Anyone running 265/30 on 10.5" wheel?

Long story short I switched my H&R coil overs to KW v2 coil overs and the KW are a little bit softer even at it's strongest setting. So there is a lot more wheel movement over the H&R coils so I am rubbing now at the point where the bumper cover meets the body panel on the rear slightly. The Vossens are an aggressive offset at 42 while worked with the H&Rs fine, not with the KWs. I am going to try to keep the KWs on because I like the adjustment options so looking at possibly going to a 265/30 tire. I have a 275/30. Most likely that will clear it fine, but I am not a fan of the stretched tire look. The 275s have a slight stretch which is not really noticeable.

Is there anyone running a 265/30 on a 10.5" width wheel?

I am trying to keep the same stance as I had with the H&R coils because I thought it was a perfect look. Not too slammed with a slight tuck of the tires. I raised the KW to the highest height and it will still rub. I was willing to have a slight gap, but even at the max height of the KW it was too low with the slight rubbing.

So anyways if anyone if running a 265/30, post a pic from behind so I can see how the tire looks.

Here's a pic of mine with the stance I am trying to maintain. This was with the H&R coil overs and never rubbed.

And yes I actually increased my camber already from a -2.4 to -3.0 (max factory setting without plates) and it still was rubbing. Also within just one week, just adding a half a degree of neg camber, the inside of my tires already showed considerable wear so I want to put it back at -2.4 which for 12,000 miles the tires were wearing perfectly even.
Attached Images

Last edited by Dippydo; 07-19-2014 at 11:58 AM..
Appreciate 0