THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Has anyone ordered the 19" wheels from BMW?

08-05-2014, 12:56 PM   #1
ewohar
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335I Dinan Stage II

Has anyone ordered the 19" wheels from BMW?

These are listed as 'BMW M PERFORMANCE 19" STYLE 405 M,' on the Mperformance part of the BMWUSA web site. They come with Pirelli P Zero run-Flat tires with 7.5" x 19" 225/35R19Y front and 8" x 19" 245/30R19Y rear.

Think these will fit well if also ordering the Dinan Springs with some height adjustment?

They look quite good and I am very happy with the 19 inch wheels on my 335IS from Dinan.

Don't care too much about ride harshness, in fact quite like my set-up to be harsh that way, but how do these hold up for handling? Surprised to find run flats in this size.

Am thinking then of ordering the normal 18 inch wheels with the all season tires for the winter and using the above for the rest of the year? I also have some blitzkriegs that I could probably put on for the winter from my 335, if I don't end up selling them with the car.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 02:06 PM   #2
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

I've been viewing the BMW Accessories catalogue for wheels.

Go to the BBS site and view model CS-5 - do you think that is the 405M wheel?

Was wondering if BMW provides a list of all the tires; Summer, A/S, Winter that are compatible with the M235. I'm afraid a Summer tire will crack in sub-zero or below freezing temps.

I plan on keep the stock staggered 18" for Summer and my new wheels for Winter.
Appreciate 0