Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

08-07-2014, 05:18 PM   #1
sherm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 BMW M4

Warning: Do not use Ace Car Reconditioning to detail your car

Long story short.. They tried to charge me $300 for a complete exterior & interior detail and $100 for rock chip repair. They did a terrible job inside and out, I waited an additional 2.5 hours to get my car back, and to top it off, they ruined the paint on my driver side rocker panel which I now have to get repainted. They offered to repaint the side panel but they were only willing to do it if I paid them $250 before they actually did the work. I refused to pay for the terrible job they performed and the fact that they ruined my paint so I ended up paying $100 just to get my keys back and end the nightmare of working with them. They have no clue as to what a professional detail involves because it was very amateur and their rock chip paint repair didn't even come close to matching the color of my car so now I have dark red spots compared to the rest of my car being bright red.

Ughh, anyways, I just felt that it was my responsibility to inform you guys. Hopefully I'm able to prevent someone else from getting their car jacked up.
///M4 | Alpine White | Sakhir Orange Leather | Carbon Fiber Trim & Roof | DCT | Black 19" Wheels | Executive Package | Driver Assistance Plus Package | Adaptive M Suspension | Enhanced USB | Parking Assist | Harman Kardon
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 09:46 AM   #2
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Portland detailing woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherm View Post
Long story short.. They tried to charge me $300 for a complete exterior & interior detail and $100 for rock chip repair. They did a terrible job inside and out, I waited an additional 2.5 hours to get my car back, and to top it off, they ruined the paint on my driver side rocker panel which I now have to get repainted. They offered to repaint the side panel but they were only willing to do it if I paid them $250 before they actually did the work. I refused to pay for the terrible job they performed and the fact that they ruined my paint so I ended up paying $100 just to get my keys back and end the nightmare of working with them. They have no clue as to what a professional detail involves because it was very amateur and their rock chip paint repair didn't even come close to matching the color of my car so now I have dark red spots compared to the rest of my car being bright red.

Ughh, anyways, I just felt that it was my responsibility to inform you guys. Hopefully I'm able to prevent someone else from getting their car jacked up.
Sorry about your experience. In the future, I suggest Uptown Auto Detail near Lincoln High School (and Portland BMW) http://www.yelp.com/biz/uptown-auto-detail-portland. They always do first class work; Jon will treat you right.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 12:23 AM   #3
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
I am sorry but what else did you expect from a $300 detail job. You can't even get a decent paint correction done for that price.

I hope you can get your car fixed. If you were up in WA, we could of recommend couple of good places.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 10:57 AM   #4
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep

Garage List
$300 detail?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
I am sorry but what else did you expect from a $300 detail job. You can't even get a decent paint correction done for that price.

I hope you can get your car fixed. If you were up in WA, we could of recommend couple of good places.
Uptown here in Portland charges $35/hr., and they do a hell of a job in 8 hours assuming you keep the car up.

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 02:06 PM   #5
sherm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Uptown here in Portland charges $35/hr., and they do a hell of a job in 8 hours assuming you keep the car up.
Thanks, I'll definitely look into them if I decide to trust anyone else with detailing my car in the future lol
///M4 | Alpine White | Sakhir Orange Leather | Carbon Fiber Trim & Roof | DCT | Black 19" Wheels | Executive Package | Driver Assistance Plus Package | Adaptive M Suspension | Enhanced USB | Parking Assist | Harman Kardon
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 04:37 PM   #6
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Things are different up here I guess.

He did say a complete int/ext which $300 sounded on the cheaper side.

Here is a single stage paint correction full detail at a reputable shop in comparison. Twice the price.

http://www.northwestautosalon.com/se...ges/signature/

I personally detail my own cars and wont let anyone touch them It has been a hobby of mine for years now.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 05:51 PM   #7
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep

Garage List
Detailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
Things are different up here I guess.

He did say a complete int/ext which $300 sounded on the cheaper side.

Here is a single stage paint correction full detail at a reputable shop in comparison. Twice the price.

I personally detail my own cars and wont let anyone touch them It has been a hobby of mine for years now.
All depends on the definition of "detailing." "Paint correction" is something I have never felt compelled to do. Obviously if you are seeking closer to perfection in a factory paint job it might be worthwhile to you, though I don't really like the idea of removing millage. So a $300 job would not include extensive buffing, even in Portland.

Appreciate 0