Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California

08-15-2014, 01:38 PM   #1
theomega
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 DCT

Any problems with Tint?

This is going to be much like my Front Plate thread =) What tint are you guys running and have you been stopped because of it?

I myself am currently in the Bay Area, but make trips to to Sacramento and SoCal a few times a year.

In the past I've had something like 15% in the rear and rear sides, 35% front sides, nothing on the front, and I've never been ticketed. I'd like to think the staggering of the tint may have helped me out, but I don't think staggering is going work as well on the new M4 since the front and rear side windows don't have much of a break between them.

I'm thinking maybe something like 35% on sides and rear, you guys think this will work in our neck of the woods?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 02:07 PM   #2
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by theomega View Post
This is going to be much like my Front Plate thread =) What tint are you guys running and have you been stopped because of it?

I myself am currently in the Bay Area, but make trips to to Sacramento and SoCal a few times a year.

In the past I've had something like 15% in the rear and rear sides, 35% front sides, nothing on the front, and I've never been ticketed. I'd like to think the staggering of the tint may have helped me out, but I don't think staggering is going work as well on the new M4 since the front and rear side windows don't have much of a break between them.

I'm thinking maybe something like 35% on sides and rear, you guys think this will work in our neck of the woods?
Don't do the windshield if you have HUD. Which is the best part about tint IMO.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 06:30 PM   #3
///M ARMY
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90

I'm running 15% tent with no issues.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 01:13 AM   #4
Deviant
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

What's so strange is I've had a black H2 truck with 15% all the way around, a black Range Rover Sport with 15% all the way around and my 550i had 35% all the way around and never once had an issue. I have a four door (stock) Civic that had 35% on the front sides and 15% on the rears and I got pulled over twice the first week I had it done. I believe they see the Civic as a ricer and unfortunately I've noticed the M3 gets similar looks from the cops.

My M3 now has 35% front and rear sides, 15% rear and 50% windshield.

However.....I now have the magic get out of jail free card. CA Vehicle Code Section 26708 states that you can have 35% on the sides if a licensed Optometrist says you need it for your vision. So my advice is find a friendly Optometrist. And sorry mine was a one time thing.
Appreciate 0