E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > 2008 Track Days Invitation

12-19-2007, 04:11 AM   #1
Feffman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

2008 Track Days Invitation

Happy Holidays E90 Fans:

Just a quick note to invite any road course drivers out there to join MVP Track Time for track days in 2008. You can find us at www.MVPTrackTime.com. We are open to all makes of cars including covertibles that meet roll bar requirements.

Our 2008 track days (so far) are as follows:

April 21 - Putnam Park (Near Indianapolis) - SOLD OUT!
May 9 - Summit Point (Summit Point, WV) [Private Corporate Event] - SOLD OUT!
June 2 - Autobahn Country Club (Near Joliet, IL.) - SOLD OUT!
August 18 - Autobahn Country Club
September 13 & 14 - Blackhawk Farms (Beloit, WI)

Both Autobhan dates are once again the entire 3.56 mile road course. None of this namby-pamby 1/2 track stuff. We will be announcing at least one more track day for 2008 soon. Registration by downloadable form or on line is available at:

http://www.MVPTrackTime.com/id47.html

If you not sure what you'd like for Christmas (before you get yet another tie, an Ipod download or more cologne), we even have gift certificates available.

Happy Holidays and Happy Motoring!

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer - MVP Track Time

Last edited by Feffman; 05-22-2008 at 06:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 09:29 PM   #2
DrDomer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci ZHP, 1999 Miata

I'll be at Autobahn in August... Anyone else going?
      12-23-2007, 11:43 PM   #3
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
What? No west coast events? Sheesh.

Car is now gone .... :-(
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 06:27 PM   #4
Feffman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4to335 View Post
What? No west coast events? Sheesh.
S4to335:

Patience my good fellow, patience!

MVP Track Time is actively seeking the right person(s) on the West/East coasts to work with us.

Happy Motoring!

Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 12:39 AM   #5
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feffman View Post
S4to335:

Patience my good fellow, patience!

MVP Track Time is actively seeking the right person(s) on the West/East coasts to work with us.

Happy Motoring!

I am teaching for Northern California Racing Club and just starting with Hooked on Driving. I was an instructor for NASA and the Audi Club..but I am probably not doing them any more..NASA is just not for me...and the Audi club charges instructors for events. They are the ONLY club that I know of..that charges instructors. I cant afford to teach for them anymore..I have taught for them for 8 years now. I have taught for the BMW club once..at Sears Point..but that was back in 2001 or 2002...so I dont know if they will let me just jump in an instruct with them again.

Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 12:43 AM   #6
e92phreak
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i TiAg/E46 323i TiAg

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.50]
2000 E46 323i  [0.00]
S4to335, what track are you teaching at?
07 E92 335i | TiAg | Step | Padl | Cmft | Alum Trm | PDC | Nav | Assist | Sat | Lthr | Prem | Sprt | Rear Splr | RDSport Quads | iPod | V1 | LT Refl | VS Clear Bra | OEM Lip | KWV2 | Mtec Sides | BBS LM-R
00 E46 323i | TiAg | 5sp | Sport | Roof | RDSport Cams | RDSport tune | RDSport Shift | Volk LE37 | M3 spoiler | PSS9 | SuperSprint | Brembo
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2007, 10:52 PM   #7
Feffman
Banned
United_States
Rep

S4to335:

I've always been a bit shocked when a club/group expects an instructor to pay, even if it's heavily discounted. Like you, I've been in that passenger seat and some times, no amount of free track time (much less paid) is worth the scare one receives instructing!

Happy Motoring!

Feff
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2007, 12:34 PM   #8
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
E92phreak..I am trying to teach at Laguna with NCRC...sent email requesting that date..no response from the eventmasters yet. Crossing fingers...the event is Feb 25 (Monday).

Feff, I hear ya buddy...the "guys that dont listen"..or dont do what you request..the "early apexers"...the "jerky wheel guys"...the "brake in the corner guys"...or my favorite...the "know it alls"..or the "I am borrowing my girlfriend's dad's Viper" guys. Yeah, I just made the decision after hearing that the Audi Club Thunderhill event will cost me $250 to teach at..(for a two day event)..that my days at the Audi club are very numbered. I am not saying I wont teach for them..but it will be very rare going forward. One of my ultimate favorites was the guy going 60 miles per hour maximum and driving in the middle of the track the whole session. I am like...and why did you come out here if you are afraid of driving in general. I did my best...but wow..that was truly a challenge.

One last story..the guy with the new GTO..that did the silver state classic in Nevada..you know..the one where they go 170 mph for 60 miles straight...anyway..he told me he hit over 200 in his car...and I am like..."no friggin way in this car". He was so cocky...I felt like putting a brick under his accelerator to get him to quit stomping on it at the wrong time. I think when he got my evaluation form on his performance..he must got really pissed..cause I havent seen him at the track since. I think I burst his bubble.

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 11:09 PM   #9
Feffman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Feff, I hear ya buddy...the "guys that dont listen"..or dont do what you request..the "early apexers"...the "jerky wheel guys"...the "brake in the corner guys"...or my favorite...the "know it alls"..or the "I am borrowing my girlfriend's dad's Viper" guys.
Attempted to help a "Know it all" in a Lambo last year. The guy actually, and I'm not kidding, blew the horn at cars in front of him on the track. He was so bad and wouldn't listen that I pulled him off the track, climbed out of the car, looked at the lead instructor and said "He's all yours!". They asked him to leave two sessions later. SCARY!

Feff
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2008, 01:11 AM   #10
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I caught myself pulling up the handbrake by accident in a Corvette..for the guy that blew thru the chicane before turn #1 at Thunderhill. I am like "and you didnt see all the cones in the middle of the track BECAUSE?". I have had some fun in Cobras....a Baby Grand...and a new Caterham 7...NOT. Oh yeah..the one where I was in a two seater Radical at Willow Springs..and the guy couldnt hear a frickin thing I said. It was like going on a ride a Disneyland....definitely E ticket.

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2008, 10:19 AM   #11
DrDomer
Major
United_States
Rep

Hey Mark-

How many do you have signed up at Autobahn in August? I recently signed up. I'm the newbie in the stock 335i. I plan to run in the novice group. What will the day be like? Also, what will the night before be like? Thanks.

Chris

Quote:
Hi All:

We (www.MVPTrackTime.com) are looking at our first track weekend at BeaveRun (near Pittsburgh) October 11 & 12, 2008 and want to gauge interest from the local(??) community. Approximately 2 hours of track time each day, our qualified (SCCA, NASA, PCA, ACNA, BMWCCA, etc.) instructors for the Novice drivers, with a catered lunch both days for around $350 for the weekend.

Any interest? Let us know at Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com!

Happy Motoring and I hope to see you at the track!

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer
www.MVPTrackTime.com
      02-10-2008, 11:01 AM   #12
Feffman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDomer View Post
Hey Mark-

How many do you have signed up at Autobahn in August? I recently signed up. I'm the newbie in the stock 335i. I plan to run in the novice group. What will the day be like? Also, what will the night before be like? Thanks.

Chris
Chris:

We've only about 15 signed up for the MVP Track Time August Autobahn track day. Expect six, 20-minuite run session for each of the three (Novice, Intermediate and Advanced) run groups with instructors available for Novices. We have a nice catered lunch for all paying drivers.

The night before at the hotel, we get as many tech inspections completed as possible. When the sun goes down, it's become a tradition to have dinner at this really good steak house in Joliet. Great place to meet the other attendees and enjoy the cameraderie.

I'd like to get a ride in your car to see how it compares to an M3! We'll see you at the track!

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 08:20 PM   #13
DrDomer
Major
United_States
Rep

Looking forward to it. Love to have you ride with me.

Chris

Quote:
Chris:

We've only about 15 signed up for the MVP Track Time August Autobahn track day. Expect six, 20-minuite run session for each of the three (Novice, Intermediate and Advanced) run groups with instructors available for Novices. We have a nice catered lunch for all paying drivers.

The night before at the hotel, we get as many tech inspections completed as possible. When the sun goes down, it's become a tradition to have dinner at this really good steak house in Joliet. Great place to meet the other attendees and enjoy the cameraderie.

I'd like to get a ride in your car to see how it compares to an M3! We'll see you at the track!

06-18-2008, 08:57 PM   #14
Feffman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Hi All:

Some photos from Putnam Park April 21st and Autobahn Country Club on June 2nd!

We have 2-3 spots in the Advacned run group for Autobahn Country Club August 18th.

Don't hesitate to contact me at Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com if you have any questions. Happy Motoring and I hope to see you at the track!

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer
Attached Images

Last edited by Feffman; 08-07-2008 at 10:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2008, 07:13 PM   #15
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

Quote:
E92phreak..I am trying to teach at Laguna with NCRC...sent email requesting that date..no response from the eventmasters yet. Crossing fingers...the event is Feb 25 (Monday).

Feff, I hear ya buddy...the "guys that dont listen"..or dont do what you request..the "early apexers"...the "jerky wheel guys"...the "brake in the corner guys"...or my favorite...the "know it alls"..or the "I am borrowing my girlfriend's dad's Viper" guys. Yeah, I just made the decision after hearing that the Audi Club Thunderhill event will cost me $250 to teach at..(for a two day event)..that my days at the Audi club are very numbered. I am not saying I wont teach for them..but it will be very rare going forward. One of my ultimate favorites was the guy going 60 miles per hour maximum and driving in the middle of the track the whole session. I am like...and why did you come out here if you are afraid of driving in general. I did my best...but wow..that was truly a challenge.

One last story..the guy with the new GTO..that did the silver state classic in Nevada..you know..the one where they go 170 mph for 60 miles straight...anyway..he told me he hit over 200 in his car...and I am like..."no friggin way in this car". He was so cocky...I felt like putting a brick under his accelerator to get him to quit stomping on it at the wrong time. I think when he got my evaluation form on his performance..he must got really pissed..cause I havent seen him at the track since. I think I burst his bubble.

My hat is off to all you instructors.. After this weekend, I understand what you guys must go through... Heck I would be afraid to ride with me...

By at least I really tried hard to listen and apply what I was being told ..
Satakal's instructor straight out told him he was not comfortable with him going fast.. I was lucky my instructors seem to have no fear..
Funny thing is that Satakal is actually better driver than I am...

BUt at the end of the day, I guess as long as the student shows that he is listening and have OK car control and not trying to be stupid, it all works out
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2008, 10:27 PM   #16
Feffman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Hi All:

With under a week until our first track weekend (September 13th & 14th) at Blackhawk Farms Raceway northwest of Chicago, we are 3/4 full. If you'd like to register for the Blackhawk track weekend, visit us at:

You can expect six, 20-minute run sessions for each run group both days for only $310.

Feel free to contact me at Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com if you have any questions about Blackhawk. Happy Motoring and I hope to see you at the track!

Feff

Last edited by Feffman; 09-07-2008 at 12:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 12:45 PM   #17
Feffman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Good Morning All:

We've (www.MVPTrackTime.com) received a significant number of inquiries about a single day registration at Blackhawk Farms so we are making available a limited number of 1-day registrations for Blackhawk Farms September 13th OR 14th for $235 by request only. Contact me at Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com for a single day registration.

Of course we still have full weekend registrations available as well!

Feff
Appreciate 0