F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > BMW Windy City Chapter HPDE
Extreme Powerhouse

08-25-2014, 01:21 PM   #1
drob23
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S4

BMW Windy City Chapter HPDE

Just wanted to let everyone know how happy I was with the HPDE the windy city BMW group put on the past weekend at Gingerman. They ran a fantastic event, had great instructors and went out of their way to make the student experience pleasant. It was the little things like having an on-site mechanic who would work on peoples cars non-stop for nothing more than parts (and he had tons of parts on hand) along with free water and gatoraid to keep everyone hydrated.

I've done a few of these events and sometimes things get off schedule and certain drivers are more aggressive (or don't give pass bye's ever)...but I felt like this group of instructors really did a great job of managing all us novice drivers.

Gingerman was surprisingly more fun than I thought it would be
      08-25-2014, 03:17 PM   #2
drob23
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

They even put up some pics

Here was me in the morning next to a monster M3, the owner really drove that thing hard, was incredible to hear it go by at the front straight

There were even a pair of brand new M4's, the other one was MW. The gray one had ceramic brakes!!!

They liked my brakes (you can see the center caps in pic 1 has since melted off onto the track graveyard lol)

A highlight was getting to ride in this beastly fully caged race car during an entire run session, the driver absolutely hammered this car, was drifting pretty much every corner with amazing counter-steer control
      08-26-2014, 09:36 PM   #3
f30GTR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 AW F30 335i M-Sport MT

Sounds like you had a lots of fun. I wanted to make the event but couldn't because of work. I'm glad that the instructors are great. I've yet to hit a track so thanks for reporting back.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2014, 07:56 AM   #4
drob23
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30GTR View Post
Sounds like you had a lots of fun. I wanted to make the event but couldn't because of work. I'm glad that the instructors are great. I've yet to hit a track so thanks for reporting back.
These events are always a blast, and I highly encourage anyone with a capable car (pretty much every bmw sans the suvs) to make it out to at least 1 event. You will get a completely new appreciation for your car.

You're lucky to have such a good local chapter, I'd highly recommend going to one of their driving schools...I believe they do 2 schools a year, changing each year, at Autobahn, Gingerman and Grattan.