Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

08-27-2014, 06:33 PM   #1
Accel Junky
High on Acceleration
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, 90 GTR, 21 Gladiator

Georgia M3s in Mineral Grey or Sakhir Orange?

Wondering if any GA folks have an M3 in Mineral Grey or Sakhir Orange? I can't find an M3 in either of those colors at any of the dealers here to see in person. I'd love to come see your car so I can get a better idea before I lock in my ED order (I've done an Alpine White build to be safe but I'm debating on something more adventurous). I'll drive to you to see it for minimal inconvenience.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 09:23 AM   #2
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accel Junky View Post
Wondering if any GA folks have an M3 in Mineral Grey or Sakhir Orange? I can't find an M3 in either of those colors at any of the dealers here to see in person. I'd love to come see your car so I can get a better idea before I lock in my ED order (I've done an Alpine White build to be safe but I'm debating on something more adventurous). I'll drive to you to see it for minimal inconvenience.
My MG M3 is on order to United BMW. Hoping for late Oct early Nov delivery. Not sure when you need to lock in by but Ill be glad to meet up once it's here.

I know there is also a MG M4 around cause I saw it up at Oasis tint last week. I was on the fence about the color but it's beautiful in person if you're a grey fan. A little lighter than dark grey metallic or whatever the 08 M3s had.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 09:28 AM   #3
Accel Junky
High on Acceleration
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
My MG M3 is on order to United BMW. Hoping for late Oct early Nov delivery. Not sure when you need to lock in by but Ill be glad to meet up once it's here.
My delivery is on Oct 13, so I probably have to lock the color down in a few weeks at most. I appreciate your response and offer though! There's a MG M3 in Greenville but I'm not sure I want to make the drive or not. I've seen Sakhir Orange on an M6 Gran Coupe and a Z4 in person but I'd like to see it on an M3 specifically before I write it off.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 09:30 AM   #4
Andrew115
Major
Rep
Drives: Silver Bullet

My local dealer has an M4 in MG. If you find yourself in Charlotte for any reason you can see that.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 05:00 PM   #5
Accel Junky
High on Acceleration
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew115 View Post
My local dealer has an M4 in MG. If you find yourself in Charlotte for any reason you can see that.
Thanks. I've seen an M4 in a couple of colors. I'd like to see the actual M3 if I can though. I think the different lines make a difference with which color suits it better. I did see an F30 today in MG and frankly it seemed a little too business like. Might not be the most exciting for the M3 but it is a classy color I guess.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 05:53 PM   #6
Andrew115
Major
Rep
Drives: Silver Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accel Junky
Quote:
Thanks. I've seen an M4 in a couple of colors. I'd like to see the actual M3 if I can though. I think the different lines make a difference with which color suits it better. I did see an F30 today in MG and frankly it seemed a little too business like. Might not be the most exciting for the M3 but it is a classy color I guess.
I have like many others a f30 in MG. Great color but now I see at least 3 a day. I didn't like the combo with cf roof and mg. It just didn't look right to me. It blends well enough to say something isn't right with the roof but not in a way that says wow the roof compliments.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 06:35 AM   #7
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have like many others a f30 in MG. Great color but now I see at least 3 a day. I didn't like the combo with cf roof and mg. It just didn't look right to me. It blends well enough to say something isn't right with the roof but not in a way that says wow the roof compliments.
This is why you gotta go SO interior . I think MG with SO is somewhat business like but has a real aggressive let my hair down feel too. I would describe the one i saw in person as 'menacing'.

For me though white is the only other color i really like right now. And there is no way im ordering a white m3. Wanna talk about common .
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 08:11 AM   #8
Sean@PSI
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 Sedan

I have SO/SO in Central Florida, maybe a road trip is in order?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 02:12 PM   #9
Accel Junky
High on Acceleration
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@PSI View Post
I'll be in Panama City Fri-Tues but I think that is probably pretty far from central FL though
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 08:25 PM   #10
vastano
Captain
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Quote:
My delivery is on Oct 13, so I probably have to lock the color down in a few weeks at most. I appreciate your response and offer though! There's a MG M3 in Greenville but I'm not sure I want to make the drive or not. I've seen Sakhir Orange on an M6 Gran Coupe and a Z4 in person but I'd like to see it on an M3 specifically before I write it off.
you could come to the performance center in Greer and see pretty much every color.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 09:07 PM   #11
Accel Junky
High on Acceleration
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vastano View Post
you could come to the performance center in Greer and see pretty much every color.
That may be worth the trip. Do you know if they just let folks walk in to the place?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 05:29 AM   #12
vastano
Captain
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Quote:
That may be worth the trip. Do you know if they just let folks walk in to the place?
I've been walking back there on a Saturday afternoon, no one said anything to us. Not sure if its 'allowed' but we were taking the "better to ask forgiveness than permission" approach
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 12:53 PM   #13
Accel Junky
High on Acceleration
United_States
Rep

I took your advice and just drove to the Performance Delivery Center and was able to see every color in person and on M3s to boot. I crossed off Sakhir but now Yas Marina Blue is pulling on my heart strings. Alpine White is safe though...

MG looked good but it hides the carbon roof and also somewhat hides the body lines.

So I'm torn between YMB and Alpine White. I didn't get to see YMB in bright sunlight so there is some risk there. The blue is more exciting but it's also risky as I sometimes get color regrets...

I think I have to decide today because we just signed POs last night.

Last edited by Accel Junky; 09-09-2014 at 01:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 05:51 AM   #14
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I took your advice and just drove to the Performance Delivery Center and was able to see every color in person and on M3s to boot. I crossed off Sakhir but now Yas Marina Blue is pulling on my heart strings. Alpine White is safe though...

MG looked good but it hides the carbon roof and also somewhat hides the body lines.

So I'm torn between YMB and Alpine White. I didn't get to see YMB in bright sunlight so there is some risk there. The blue is more exciting but it's also risky as I sometimes get color regrets...

I think I have to decide today because we just signed POs last night.
Go YMB . 70% of cars will be white lol.

I agree the CF rood does not pop great on MG. With that said an F80 MG sedan looks mean .
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 09:11 PM   #15
m4topdown
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post

I know there is also a MG M4 around cause I saw it up at Oasis tint last week. I was on the fence about the color but it's beautiful in person if you're a grey fan. A little lighter than dark grey metallic or whatever the 08 M3s had.
I'd like to see your M4 once it comes in as well. I'm waffling between MG and SO. Also planning on ordering it through United BMW.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 09:14 PM   #16
m4topdown
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@PSI View Post
Is that SO/SO still available for viewing. I live in Georgia. Need an excuse to to to a warmer climate.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 07:43 PM   #17
1m4tr
Private
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4topdown View Post
Is that SO/SO still available for viewing. I live in Georgia. Need an excuse to to to a warmer climate.
My SO F82 should be arriving here in Atlanta next week with luck.
Appreciate 0