Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

08-28-2014, 11:23 AM   #1
darmstadt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Alpina B3Biturbo (soon M3)

First service

Just picked up the car after it's first, 2000km, service. Took slightly longer than expected as they also replaced one wheel as it was slightly damaged during delivery and although it was minor, they didn't want to fix it plus the tyre was also slightly damaged. Oil, 6.5l of 0/40, was the most expensive item but the most interesting was the removal of the running in restrictions. According to my service representative it cuts in when you go above the limits which is a bit strange as the speed limit is supposedly 170 km/h and I know I've done 220 km/h so it would be interesting to know exactly what it is. And its really shiny now ready for a trip down to Vienna tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 12:43 PM   #2
Nex
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

170km/h restriction is the recommended break-in speed limit. There is no actual limiter to limit the car from going above that.
I think what your SA meant was that you now don't have to follow the break in restrictions.
Appreciate 0