E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Help Buying Products

12-21-2007, 03:40 PM   #1
RedGT3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: .2 GT3/M3cs

Help Buying Products

Ok guys my car has some minor swirl marks and I want to fix it. I'm thinking on buying the following items. (YES , NO) what else do I need. Thanks for the help.

1.Our Deluxe Package Includes:
Porter Cable #7424 Orbital Polisher with wrench, foam pad/plate combo
6" Velcro Pad Holder
7.5" Yellow Lake Country VC Cutting Pad (oxidation and scratch removal)
7.5" White Lake Country VC Polishing Pad (swirl removal, polishing, one-step cleaner/waxes)
7.5" Black Lake Country VC Finishing Pad (liquid or paste wax application)
(2) 6.5" Terry Bonnets (removing polishes, waxes and cleaning glass, leather, vinyl)
6.5" Orange Flat Foam Polishing Pad (not shown in photo)
4" Mini Foam Polishing Pad (polishing in/around constricted areas)
4" Mini Foam Finishing Pad (applying waxes in/around constricted areas)
4" Velcro Pad Holder (for 4" foam pads)
FREE #6 counter weight for 6.5" pads and up

2. Menzerna Car Care Kit Includes:

16 oz. Auto Shampoo: This high-lubricity, super sudsing concentrate has the gentle feel of a luxury body gel and the cleaning punch of a German body builder. Penetrating lubricants break the bond between oily road grime and your car's finish, washing away grime without removing any existing wax or sealant coatings.

16 oz. Final Polish II: This creme removes old wax, minor spider webbing, light swirls and creates a clean, smooth, highly reflective surface. It contains no wax, glaze, fillers or silicones. Minor paint defects are removed, not just covered-up. Paint gloss is improved by polishing the surface to a micro-smooth, highly reflective finish, not by adding a glaze of silicone oils.

16 oz. Finishing Touch Glaze: This is professional make-up for your aging vehicle. Used before the final wax or sealant, Finishing Touch Glaze helps hide the scars and wrinkles of daily life. It gives your car's skin the healthy glow of youth.

16 oz. Full Metal Jacket (FMJ): The latest "super wax", FMJ is not a wax at all but a water-based, polymer paint protectant. FMJ protects like a jacket of transparent armor and like an Armani suit, makes any vehicle in any color look its best.

(3) Microfiber Applicator Pads - For applying Final Polish II, Finishing Touch Glaze and FMJ.

(2) Microfiber Polishing Cloths for buffing Final Polish II and Finishing Touch Glaze.

A Perfect Shine, Microfiber Buffing Cloth - For buffing FMJ to a brilliant shine.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 03:45 PM   #2
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
PM George (detailedimage) www.detailedimage.com , he'll be able to set you up with a nice package and you'll get the e90post discount as well.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 03:55 PM   #3
RedGT3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: .2 GT3/M3cs

Cool thanks...
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 12:36 AM   #4
FMINUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: FMINUSDETAIL@gmail.com

stick with smaller pads, easier to control/correct/clean
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 03:31 PM   #5
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMINUS View Post
stick with smaller pads, easier to control/correct/clean
What size pads do you use. 6.5''? That's typically the standard at least. I kinda wanna try the 5'' but then I'll need to get a new backing plate. I've also been thinking of switching from my PC7424 to the flex or a metabo. The PC just doesn't have a high enough rpm to remove some imperfections which is kinda annoying.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 05:10 PM   #6
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
The PC just doesn't have a high enough rpm to remove some imperfections which is kinda annoying.
true
Appreciate 0