THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack SCCA autox street class legal wheels?

09-22-2014, 08:59 AM   #1
th1rd3y3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i xDrive

Question SCCA autox street class legal wheels?

I'm planning on running my M235i (hopefully competitively) next year in F-Street locally and probably nationally. I'm pretty new to BMW wheel options but I'd like to see if there are some options out there that would be both legal and lighter than the stock wheels.

I can go up/down 1" in diameter but can only vary 1/4" in width AND offset (so basically about 6mm to play with on offset). This is where things get messy. It seems that just finding a 18x7.5 and 18x8 staggered setup is somewhat difficult while still maintaining legality.

Any fellow autoxers in here that have looked into and found a similar issue. As of now, I'm thinking I might just end up running the stock wheels for autox and buying another set for daily driving, I was just hoping to shed a few pounds if possible.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 02:32 PM   #2
e30if
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1991 318is, 2010 M3

I haven't looked into stock size aftermarket wheels, I ran on stockers last season with BFG Rivals which worked fairly well. The car did want to understeer pretty bad though, I'm looking at running in STX next year so I'll most likely end up with 18"x8.5" with 245's or 255's all the way around.

If I were you I'd give it a try on the stock wheels, can always just transfer tires to a new set if you find some that will work.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 08:51 AM   #3
th1rd3y3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i xDrive

I'm hoping a big front bar and some good rubber will work well for the car. I'll probably run a 235/255 setup on either the stock wheels or something lighter if it can be found. I was pleased over the weekend on how the car transitions and slaloms, it's just the fast tight sections of course where the front has absolutely zero grip on the stock tires.
Appreciate 0