E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Anyone else getting limp modes with new V2 map 12-24?

12-27-2007, 11:19 AM   #1
Vince@ V K Motorwerks
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 01 Black 911 Turbo, 09 X5

Anyone else getting limp modes with new V2 map 12-24?

I have been working with Shiv on this issue but wanted to know if I was the only one or are there others like me. My car goes into limp mode almost everytime i floor the car from 3rd to 4th gear. I have loaded the new limpless map and I have the same effect. My car shifts at 6952 RPMs and I have a step which seems kinda high. Also I throw the 0360 code which is Cylinder 6 misfire code. I have changed the coil pack and spark plug so dont think its that. The car runs fine when stock and shifts around 6700-6800rpms when stock. I have messed around with the tq curves from 90% to 96% and the highest level of boost I get is 13.8psi. Anyone have the same issues? what worked for you.

I Love the power of the V2 but want to be able to push her over 100mph without having to shift the car myself at 6500 RPMs.

-Vince
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 12:09 PM   #2
Fubarsky
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

I had the exact same problem when I first loaded the V2.02 12-19 speed delimiting map and firmware pro01v03beta1 firmware. I disconnected my battery for an hour then reloaded the firmware and loaded the V2.02 12-19 speed limiter map and it fixed the problem. I did not install the extra green loom for speed monitoring and was under the impression it did not matter which map I loaded (speed limiting or delimiter). So I am not sure if I had a bad download or maybe the wrong firmware or map but it did fix my problem.
      12-27-2007, 12:19 PM   #3
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

just toss your procede in the trash..............seems like the best solution.

Because this is getting ridiculous, the entire General forced induction/335i talk forum is polluted with these "throwing a code" or "going limp" threads. Nothing against the OP or other people with these threads. But everything against the freaking PROcede...........its always just this little TQ setting, or a loose wire, or this and that............

Come on already, get this thing to work Shiv. Stop focusing on V2.0.3 or any other map for that matter. Get your stuff to work. No one else's piggy back tunes are giving them anywhere near the problems that procedes give people. I have one, and have yet to install it.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 12:24 PM   #4
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Looking at Vishnu's site it looks like you are one of the very few to have the limp issues...from the download views # of the Firmware out of 170 people to download the new firmware, there are only 5 people that are using this new map 12-24....So i am guessing everyone else is not having problems with the 12-19 map...5 out 170 is a small percentage of people having limp mode...I am sure you guys will get a quick fix from Shiv due to the low numbers of people having problems still...I hope you guys get it fix....Chitown did u install the the speed limiter defeat....
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 12:34 PM   #5
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post

Because this is getting ridiculous, the entire General forced induction/335i talk forum is polluted with these "throwing a code" or "going limp" threads. Nothing against the OP or other people with these threads. But everything against the freaking PROcede...........its always just this little TQ setting, or a loose wire, or this and that............

Come on already, get this thing to work Shiv. Stop focusing on V2.0.3 or any other map for that matter. Get your stuff to work. No one else's piggy back tunes are giving them anywhere near the problems that procedes give people. I have one, and have yet to install it.
yes there are issues, but you must realize that most of the threads of installs gone wrong, were mistakes by the owners themselves...I am one of those people that made a mistake and posted a thread....We can't blame human error because no one is perfect...I agree Procede has alot of trouble shoot threads, but for what its worth its the most intricate tune out of all of them...I am happy with the product so far and Shiv customer service is getting sooooo much better these days...It seems like your going another direction already as far as tune company!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 12:36 PM   #6
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown335i View Post
I have been working with Shiv on this issue but wanted to know if I was the only one or are there others like me. My car goes into limp mode almost everytime i floor the car from 3rd to 4th gear. I have loaded the new limpless map and I have the same effect. My car shifts at 6952 RPMs and I have a step which seems kinda high. Also I throw the 0360 code which is Cylinder 6 misfire code. I have changed the coil pack and spark plug so dont think its that. The car runs fine when stock and shifts around 6700-6800rpms when stock. I have messed around with the tq curves from 90% to 96% and the highest level of boost I get is 13.8psi. Anyone have the same issues? what worked for you.

I Love the power of the V2 but want to be able to push her over 100mph without having to shift the car myself at 6500 RPMs.

-Vince

i have 1/2 cel on and service engine soon on. i have no DTC default code on the vishnu obd II reader. I have manual trans
      12-27-2007, 12:40 PM   #7
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

it only seems that the procede has so many problems because the few people who do get the problems make a post... vs. the hundreds without problems who don't post about their perfectly working install. Plus it seems like most of the time it ends up being human error anyways...

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 12:45 PM   #8
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
it only seems that the procede has so many problems because the few people who do get the problems make a post... vs. the hundreds without problems who don't post about their perfectly working install. Plus it seems like most of the time it ends up being human error anyways...
maybe alot of people who do have procede v2.0.2, they dont race their car. Just for a little bit of kick on the fastlane.
      12-27-2007, 12:54 PM   #9
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACA335i View Post
maybe alot of people who do have procede v2.0.2, they dont race their car. Just for a little bit of kick on the fastlane.
thats problem true..
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 01:04 PM   #10
De90man
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
yes there are issues, but you must realize that most of the threads of installs gone wrong, were mistakes by the owners themselves...I am one of those people that made a mistake and posted a thread....We can't blame human error because no one is perfect...I agree Procede has alot of trouble shoot threads, but for what its worth its the most intricate tune out of all of them...I am happy with the product so far and Shiv customer service is getting sooooo much better these days...It seems like your going another direction already as far as tune company!!!
Yes, this may be true, but then it speaks to lack of customer service that guys come to this forum after many unanswered call/emails. If you email Terry he responds in minutes, if not seconds...same with Mshop Jon... And the SSTT guy (forgot his name)...

...lack of customer service is "human error" too right?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 01:06 PM   #11
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by De90man View Post

...lack of customer service is "human error" too right?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 01:06 PM   #12
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

you haven't been following him lately then, he customer service has been really good lately...If your speaking about him in the past then your right, but as of late his is been there for everyone giving support, even during the holidays
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 01:13 PM   #13
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
you haven't been following him lately then, he customer service has been really good lately...If your speaking about him in the past then your right, but as of late his is been there for everyone giving support, even during the holidays
vishnu on vacation until jan 3. they will open up after that day.
      12-27-2007, 01:23 PM   #14
tizzletom
tizzlebag
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Actually I was able to get help from Shiv on Christmas Eve AND Christmas day. He has really good customer service guys!

Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 01:23 PM   #15
bmwzimmer
Major
Rep
Drives: 335

The OP stated he's working closely with Shiv. Where's the lack of customer service there?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 01:36 PM   #16
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [10.00]
my money says the problem lies in the user adjustable torque settings. To me its a blessing, but to the general population its really a burden, honestly it should not have been included, that trust should lie with knowledgable tuners. the PROcede is not your "average" tune, it takes a little more depth than say a JB. People insist on whining and pointing fingers when something goes wrong, and i've said it before and i'll say it again, if you want the mod with the highest gain you have to deal with the consequences. Where in the world did people come up with the idea that adding 100+whp/100wtq was going to come without any problems? the car was going just sit and say ok, lets go.

edit: the mere fact that PROcede is the most advanced and capapble tune out there, may be its weakest link,which is where all of the problems come in, there are too many variables.

And people cry about the $1450 price tag, i would jack up the price to $2500 jsut to eliminate all of the queezers.

little notice for all, if by any chance you are a spoiled little brat, please don't buy a PROcede, go for something else.

Now, lets start the countdown till this thread gets closed.

edit #2: for the comment on Terry's customer service skills, out of curiosty how JBs are out on the street as we speak? whatever that number is, when he gets to 1000+, come back and let me know good his customer service skills are. This is in no way an insult to Terry, BTW, just giving an example.
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 03:42 PM   #17
Vince@ V K Motorwerks
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Looking at Vishnu's site it looks like you are one of the very few to have the limp issues...from the download views # of the Firmware out of 170 people to download the new firmware, there are only 5 people that are using this new map 12-24....So i am guessing everyone else is not having problems with the 12-19 map...5 out 170 is a small percentage of people having limp mode...I am sure you guys will get a quick fix from Shiv due to the low numbers of people having problems still...I hope you guys get it fix....Chitown did u install the the speed limiter defeat....
No Im staying away from that until I have my car properly configured to handle speeds above 155mph. I dont have sports package when I bought the car I was anticipating the limiter delete.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 03:59 PM   #18
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown335i View Post
No Im staying away from that until I have my car properly configured to handle speeds above 155mph. I dont have sports package when I bought the car I was anticipating the limiter delete.
maybe thats your problem when you reach6952 rpms!! Just put the wire in to see if it fixes the problem
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 08:57 PM   #19
Vince@ V K Motorwerks
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
maybe thats your problem when you reach6952 rpms!! Just put the wire in to see if it fixes the problem
Hmmm...I thought the map didnt matter. I even turned the tq settings down to 80% and got the same issue. I dont know how my car is reaching 6952 and its a step!

Im going to leave the battery unplugged for the night and then reload everything in the morning to see if that helps with anything. I get limpmode and the cylinder 6 misfire code so that to me seems really strange.

Oh and regarding Shiv's support. I think he's great, I even got emails from him today and he even made some custom maps for me to try out. So im happy with the support.

Vince.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 09:43 PM   #20
DreX3M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97-X3M Competition

For what it's worth.. Shiv's support despite the holiday season has been fantastic.

I'm one of the unfortunate few who's been getting the "galloping" cold start. Emailed shiv and he responded in minutes with custom maps for me to try out. He even responded on Christmas!! We've been working together closely and the latest v2.0.2 12-24 is the result of our collaboration which has solved the problem.

Regardless of how things were with Vishnu support in the past, they have gotten their act together and are able to provide the neccessary support for a great product.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 10:01 PM   #21
jfewins
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

My car with v2 is fantastic. I called shiv personally after my install, and his help was courteous. He didn't make me feel like an intrusion or like I was bothering him. Soon after that call, Dustin called to make sure my problem was solved. I am proud of my tune and my 335i with proceed v2 is the best car I have ever had by far.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 10:04 PM   #22
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 528iT, E53 X5, E46 325xi

Quote:

I couldnt have said it any better.
Appreciate 0