E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Takumi587 Detailed: Mini Cooper S

12-27-2007, 09:46 PM   #1
Takumi587
///M3 Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05' M3 and 21' Tesla Model 3

Garage List
Takumi587 Detailed: Mini Cooper S

Client had his car detailed at another shop and was displeased by the work they did. So I helped him out and fixed some hazes and wet sand marks left over from the place he took it too. I tried taking pics of it before but you just could not see it on the paint with a camera. And sorry I do not have whole process for car. My camera ran out of memory and I had to take only a few. And the garage was closed during each polish. I only opened it when I needed a break.

Process:
1st: Car was already washed by client
2: Clay barred
3. Polished with 106FA w/white pad
4. Polished all the metal parts and plastic by hand
5. Then client took it back home to finish it(he is a neighbor so right next door)

The roof was a little tricky I did not know what it was made of. So I used the FLEX and at a low (4) polished out the swirls I found. There were still some marks but did not want to mess with the paint too much there. But results were pretty good.

The Final finish:

Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 09:51 PM   #2
SoCalTony
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 Jetta GLX 12v VR6

Very nice, I need to get my car repainted to get it to look that good
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 10:54 PM   #3
FMINUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: FMINUSDETAIL@gmail.com

Love This Car! Love The Detail!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 12:15 AM   #4
Queenskid24
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: With 1 Fly Girl shotgun.

What product did you use on the roof? Im detailing a E92 and the window pilar is similar to this roof on this cooper you detailed. Just wondering what approach i you would suggest for this swirled situation on such a trim.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2007, 11:33 AM   #5
Takumi587
///M3 Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05' M3 and 21' Tesla Model 3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMINUS View Post
Love This Car! Love The Detail!
The owner actually goes to the HS you went to FMINUS. He told me the kids there drive 335i's, M6, CLKs, Eclass, a whole mess of high end luxuries. I guess nothing has really changed there? haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenskid24 View Post
What product did you use on the roof? Im detailing a E92 and the window pilar is similar to this roof on this cooper you detailed. Just wondering what approach i you would suggest for this swirled situation on such a trim.
I actually used the FLEX at about 3 to 4 and got a white pad w/106FA. It worked great but the correction was not perfect. I had no clue what the top was composed or really so i did not want to do too much polishing. But a polishing towel did help me a whole lot though.
Appreciate 0